Capone and the Mafia

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Villain
Filthy Few

Re: Capone and the Mafia

Post by Villain »

I think Ammatuna inherited the position of Angelo Genna as boss of their faction while Lombardo was considered boss of the family...both Ammatuna and Genna declared themselves as presidents of the unione, one after the other, and so i dont think they were considered official and there was no space or time for them to become heads of the family.

Merlo died in November 1924 and shortly after that Lombardo arrived and allegedly tried to settle the disputes between Genna and Aiello. When Genna got eliminated, Aiello took over parts of their areas around the West Side and became Lombardos underboss.

During the year of 1925, both Genna and Ammatuna were killed. Angelo was taken down in May while Ammatuna went down in August, so if they considered themselves at the helm of the Mafia, they were obviously on their own since they werent allegedly recognized by the "governo centrale" back in New York. I also believe that later Aiello tried to do something similar but he also went down quite fast.
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

There's a lot of misinformation about the Unione Siciliana too. Judge Bernard Barasa was the national president after Tony D'Andrea was killed, and I think he was the president until around 1929 (don't quote me on the year - it's been a while since I looked it up). He denied that Genna or Ammatuna were ever heads of any US chapter. The problem was the police and the press conflated the US with the Mafia, probably because D'Andrea was the head of both. I think Angelo Genna and then Ammatuna may have tried to force their way as heads of the Chicago Mafia, but as Villain said they weren't recognized by the governo centrale (basically, Toto D'Aquila).
BarrettM
Associate

Post by BarrettM »

How did the gregarious, freewheeling Capone, carefree and sort of indifferent to rigidity manage to take over an organization that was, at least in that era, a secret society obsessed with secrecy, hierarchy, codes, decorum, councils, and again, secrecy? Capone and let's say, Nicolo Gentile seem like polar opposites.
I know people have different personality types but really.
motorfab
Full Patched

Post by motorfab »

Thanks a lot Villain & Antiliar.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7mQVy_CmbUc

Capone niece w a fairly new interview.
U can tell she is tryna get her last hoora but she to late and her and Gianni Russo would be a great team lol.

Her w her evidence that al capone was Not Involved with st val massacre lol
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.