Which of the 5 Families do you find least interesting, and why?

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Southshore88
Straightened out

Re: Which of the 5 Families do you find least interesting, and why?

Post by Southshore88 »

Wiseguy wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:07 pm
bababooey wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:18 amTo me the lucchese is the most interesting because they had the lowest amount of made men , but from the 40s-80s had the most millionaires out of any family
Not sure where that came from. The Genovese were always considered the wealthiest family (individually and collectively), followed by the Gambinos. Law enforcement would referred to them as the "two millionaire crime families."
Which law enforcement agency is quoted as saying that? And when was that quote from?
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Southshore88 wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:43 pmWhich law enforcement agency is quoted as saying that? And when was that quote from?
I don't recall what mob book it was - one of several I don't have anymore - but I remember it was quoting FBI agents investigating the mob in NY back in the 1970s and 1980s. I remember it because it was a strange phrase and seemed to suggest they had more members who had become millionaires.
All roads lead to New York.
bababooey
Associate

Post by bababooey »

Wiseguy wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:07 pm
bababooey wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:18 amTo me the lucchese is the most interesting because they had the lowest amount of made men , but from the 40s-80s had the most millionaires out of any family
Not sure where that came from. The Genovese were always considered the wealthiest family (individually and collectively), followed by the Gambinos. Law enforcement would referred to them as the "two millionaire crime families."
Its a quote i read from NYMafia , that during that time lucchese had the most individual millionaires, maybe not as a collective. He rated the lucchese equal to the gambinos for that period due to those reasons.