CUTOLO JNR Q N A

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

gohnjotti
Full Patched

Re: CUTOLO JNR Q N A

Post by gohnjotti »

dack2001 wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:49 am Ask him what else Persico and DeRoss did to make it known to Cutolo Jr. that they were responsible? It seems to be there had to be other signs in the street other than DeRoss digging through the house for loan shark records....
I believe everybody knew he'd be hit. There was testimony in Allie's trial from a DeCav captain, Gambino capo Mikey DiLeonardo, and others, all of whom had a suspicion that Cutolo would be hit ever since he began "strutting around" like the boss due to Allie's impending sentencing. Plus, DeRoss' behaviour shortly after the hit appeared to spark the suspicions of Cutolo Jr., even if it didn't immediately spark the suspicions of the rest of Cutolo Jr.'s family.

The only logical explanation for Wild Bill being unaware of his impending death is his closeness to DeRoss, and DeRoss' closeness to Allie. He must've been convinced that his best pal DeRoss had successfully bridged the gap between the Persicos and the Cutolo crew.

In fact, even in Cutolo Jr.'s tapes with Peggy and DeRoss and Barbara Cardinale (Wild Bill's daughter), Peggy makes references to how she knew Persico had ordered the hit, and DeRoss tries to diffuse it. DeRoss doesn't explicitly disagree with Peggy on the tape, he just tries to stress how he will take care of their family.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

And yeah, not really the most riveting Q&A. If you are able to stay in touch with him, I might be able to come up with some interesting questions based on his specific time with the Cutolo crew (which was mostly after the Colombo war). Any questions about the Colombo war will be based on second-hand information.

It's not like Cutolo Jr. was really "in the know" about crime family affairs, because even his dad didn't even really trust him. He stole a bunch of his dad's money and fled to some Caribbean island while his dad was fighting the trial of his life. It's been ages since I read the Allie Boy trial's testimony, but I remember it came out during the cross-examination of Peggy Cutolo and Barbara Cardinale. Bill Jr. himself wasn't called to testify because he was deemed too untrustworthy and I believe he had some mental health issues as well.

However, Bill Jr. was back in his dad's good books by the late '90s, and he may have some great insight and street knowledge into how the family was rebuilding during that time. It's probably pointless to ask him about the administrative affairs of Andy Russo and Tommy Gioeli and Allie Persico and Co., but I'm sure he would have a pretty good idea of the balance of power in Brooklyn during the late '90s. There's quite a few gaps in my knowledge of the Colombo family's hierarchy during that time, since the family completely reshuffled after the war due to general attrition, deaths, imprisonment, etc.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
Mikeymike12
Straightened out

Post by Mikeymike12 »

Who was his dad close with in other families ?
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

gohnjotti wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:51 pm And yeah, not really the most riveting Q&A. If you are able to stay in touch with him, I might be able to come up with some interesting questions based on his specific time with the Cutolo crew (which was mostly after the Colombo war). Any questions about the Colombo war will be based on second-hand information.

It's not like Cutolo Jr. was really "in the know" about crime family affairs, because even his dad didn't even really trust him. He stole a bunch of his dad's money and fled to some Caribbean island while his dad was fighting the trial of his life. It's been ages since I read the Allie Boy trial's testimony, but I remember it came out during the cross-examination of Peggy Cutolo and Barbara Cardinale. Bill Jr. himself wasn't called to testify because he was deemed too untrustworthy and I believe he had some mental health issues as well.

However, Bill Jr. was back in his dad's good books by the late '90s, and he may have some great insight and street knowledge into how the family was rebuilding during that time. It's probably pointless to ask him about the administrative affairs of Andy Russo and Tommy Gioeli and Allie Persico and Co., but I'm sure he would have a pretty good idea of the balance of power in Brooklyn during the late '90s. There's quite a few gaps in my knowledge of the Colombo family's hierarchy during that time, since the family completely reshuffled after the war due to general attrition, deaths, imprisonment, etc.

Yes I talk with him thru IG so if you want come up w a better QnA I should have waited for you anyways.

And it deff seemed he was more comfortable with questions not involving his family where he did the "yes no no maybe" answers.

I liked how he said he thought Cacace as a iron boss

But also...
As far as him not knowing decent mafia history.... I'm almost CERTAIN he does....

My grandfather was purple gang type and a bookie here and he told me tons of stories just as my dad had etc.

And hes a JNR. I'm sure they talked about history....
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

gohnjotti wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:27 pm
CornerBoy wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:33 am Does he still see Big Dom and Rico?
He sent them to prison. I doubt they're on the greatest terms.
The fuck you’ve been?!

Glad to have you back mate. Much missed.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

gohnjotti wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:51 pm And yeah, not really the most riveting Q&A. If you are able to stay in touch with him, I might be able to come up with some interesting questions based on his specific time with the Cutolo crew (which was mostly after the Colombo war). Any questions about the Colombo war will be based on second-hand information.

where did you read the Ally Junior trial testimony? was that just out there, or did you need a pacer account?
Dapper_Don
Straightened out

Post by Dapper_Don »

cutolo sr was slippery/slick guy in his time

"Russo became involved in the Colombo family war immediately upon his
release from prison in 1992. (Id. at 34.) Notably, in or around 1993, Persico faction leaders
Persico Sr., Chucky Russo, Jo Jo Russo and Joseph Monteleone, Sr. were arrested, along
with Persico faction associate Frank Sparaco. (Id.)

At some point in 1992 or 1993, Russo and Colombo family associates Guerra,
Tarantola, Danny Persico (the defendant’s cousin and Persico, Jr.’s brother), Anthony
Ferrara and Eric Curcio developed a plan to murder Cutolo. (Id. at 34-35.) Russo and
Guerra apprised the defendant of their plan, including by telling the defendant they had
almost killed Cutolo on two occasions. (Id. at 35.)

After Russo began plotting to murder Cutolo, the defendant asked him to meet
Curcio, who “had a line” on Scopo, which Russo understood to mean that Curcio knew
where Scopo was and that Russo and others should “do what we had to do” to murder Scopo.
(Id. at 36.) Curcio was a Colombo family associate who claimed to be related to Joseph
Monteleone, Sr. (Id. at 36-37.) Russo agreed to meet Curcio, and Russo wanted to murder
Scopo to help the Persicos maintain control of the crime family as well as to advance within
the crime family himself. (Id. at 37-38.) "
"Bill had to go, he was getting too powerful. If Allie Boy went away on a gun charge, Bill would have took over the family” - Joe Campy testimony about Jackie DeRoss explaining Will Bill murder
Dapper_Don
Straightened out

Post by Dapper_Don »

Speaking of Cutolo Jr, on that podcast he has he told a story about a sitdown he had with Jackie Nose, Frank Cali, IIRC Cutolo Sr was also there at a restaurant in Bay Ridge (wont mention the name). This restaurant is still around and a very popular longtime neighborhood spot, went a few months back to get takeout (no indoor dining allowed and it was cold as heck that day), while i waited inside i never noticed it before (cause its always crazy packed) that they have old pics of Cutolo Sr/other guys on the walls.
"Bill had to go, he was getting too powerful. If Allie Boy went away on a gun charge, Bill would have took over the family” - Joe Campy testimony about Jackie DeRoss explaining Will Bill murder
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNz8k11 ... rioPodcast

June 22nd interview with Cutolo Jnr. (Havent seen)
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.