Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Frank
Full Patched

Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by Frank »

SantoClaus wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:49 pm Pretty sure they are from Delianova, Reggio, Calabria. At least the original Angelo Muistano, came to Canada, 1939ish. Same part of Reggio as the Papalias.
The brothers were born in Canada. Their Dad in Italy, as well as their Great Uncle Angelo. So maybe thats why they couldnt join Ndrangheta. Or could it have something to do with the Papalia hit. I believe Papalia had relatives in Ndrangheta back in Italy.
SantoClaus
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by SantoClaus »

I wouldn't know specifics about the brothers or their father. I believe both of John Papalia's parents both come from rather powerful families, that still exist today, Papalia and Italiano. Does anyone know if it is a fact that Maria Rosa Italiano was of Sicilian decent, and just moved to Calabria?

I believe that in 1931 when Cosa Nostra was created in NYC, that Papalias and family all joined under that banner, don't know how that influences their status if at all in the Ndrangheta. Basically all Southern Italians joined Cosa Nostra 1931, made up of Calabrese (Ndrangheta), Sicilians (Cosa Nostra), Neapolitans (Camorra) and Barresi.

After 1931, the Musitanos arrived in Hamilton 1939ish, the Luppinos in early 1950's, with membership more than likely in the Ndrangheta, with either getting membership in CN or working together as Southern Italians. I'm pretty sure that Giacomo Luppino helped establish the Board of Control in Woodbridge and members of Siderno, also are members of Cosa Nostra.

Also that the hit on Bessie Starkman in 1930 was the equivalent of Masseria and Maranzano in Canada, and laid a foundation on both the Canadian and American side of the border, as well as the other side of the Atlantic.
“To know and not to do, is not to know”
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Well it appears that Pat Musitano was greedy and didnt work well with his neighboring associate groups. He has Papalia killed, and wanted the Luppino-Violi group killed too. His father, uncle and great uncle appear to have coexisted for years with the other groups or factions in the area. It would be great if the whole story comes out.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

SantoClaus wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:46 am I believe that in 1931 when Cosa Nostra was created in NYC, that Papalias and family all joined under that banner, don't know how that influences their status if at all in the Ndrangheta. Basically all Southern Italians joined Cosa Nostra 1931, made up of Calabrese (Ndrangheta), Sicilians (Cosa Nostra), Neapolitans (Camorra) and Barresi.
Much to learn you still have young padawan.
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

Tonyd621 wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:52 pm https://www.google.com/amp/s/nationalpo ... e33c8/amp/

Vincenzo (jimmy) DeMaria granted full parole, covid 19 reasons cited, apparently.
Mississauga organized crime figure and convicted killer granted full parole, won’t be deported

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2020/1 ... orted.html
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

antimafia wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:13 pm
Tonyd621 wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:52 pm https://www.google.com/amp/s/nationalpo ... e33c8/amp/

Vincenzo (jimmy) DeMaria granted full parole, covid 19 reasons cited, apparently.
Mississauga organized crime figure and convicted killer granted full parole, won’t be deported

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2020/1 ... orted.html
Is it a fact this guy is head of one of the 7 Ndrangheta GTA Clans?
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

^^^^
Back in July 2010 — more than 10 years ago, when the Operazione Il Crimine investigation culminated in Italy — DeMaria was considered one of seven individuals who respectively led seven significant ’ndrangheta families in the Greater Toronto Area. The list first appeared in vol. 3 of the Operazione Il Crimine arrest warrants.

Unfortunately, as much as there has been decent coverage by organized-crime reporters and authors about the GTA Siderno Group since 2010, the articles and books don’t mention whether and when the leadership of these seven families — or even the number of families — changes as a result of leaders’ imprisonment in Canada or Italy, for example.

Below I’ve quoted from an exchange that appeared much earlier on the board in a different thread but ended up in this thread as a result of threads being merged.
Lupara wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 11:17 am
CabriniGreen wrote:
Frank wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 10:45 am I know we've touched on the subject of who exactly are the Musitanos. Are they independent Italian mobsters, LCN, or Ndrangheta? There has been a lot of articles written in the last few years about GTA. I've read certain articles that talk about the 7 clans of the Ndrangheta in the GTA. Most of the articles don't mention the Musitanos as one of the 7.
But they DO mention the uncle, Tony Musitano as a respected ndrangheta figure..... And I dont think the 7, ( 9, depending on what you read) have been all identified, have they?

Commisso, Figliomeni, Collucio-Aquino. These are the main ones I know about. Guys like Verduci, Bruzzesse, DiMaria, Racco, what clans are they actually beholden to was never really clear to me. Like there were 7 bosses, but 2 of the ones identified were Figliomenis. So to me, there was always at least ONE missing clan. We haven't even talked about the Ursinos.... There was not an Ursino listed as being one of the 7, is an Ursino one NOW? Who knows.....

How do you guys make the Musitanos as LCN with no family baffles me.... Who made em? Esp if not Buffalo?

You think they are Bonnanos, lol? Serious question here.....
https://nationalpost-com.cdn.ampproject ... ly-alleges

The Italian authorities allege that the seven primary ‘Ndrangheta families in the Toronto area are led by: Vincenzo Tavernese, 44, of Thornhill; Cosimo Figliomeni, 45, of Vaughan;Antonio Coluccio, 40, of Richmond Hill; Cosimo Commisso, of Toronto; Angelino Figliomeni, 47, of Woodbridge; Vincenzo “Jimmy” DeMaria, 56, of Mississauga; and Domenic Ruso, 65, of Brampton.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

antimafia wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:33 pm ^^^^
Back in July 2010 — more than 10 years ago, when the Operazione Il Crimine investigation culminated in Italy — DeMaria was considered one of seven individuals who respectively led seven significant ’ndrangheta families in the Greater Toronto Area. The list first appeared in vol. 3 of the Operazione Il Crimine arrest warrants.

Unfortunately, as much as there has been decent coverage by organized-crime reporters and authors about the GTA Siderno Group since 2010, the articles and books don’t mention whether and when the leadership of these seven families — or even the number of families — changes as a result of leaders’ imprisonment in Canada or Italy, for example.

Below I’ve quoted from an exchange that appeared much earlier on the board in a different thread but ended up in this thread as a result of threads being merged.
CabriniGreen wrote:
Frank wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 10:45 am I know we've touched on the subject of who exactly are the Musitanos. Are they independent Italian mobsters, LCN, or Ndrangheta? There has been a lot of articles written in the last few years about GTA. I've read certain articles that talk about the 7 clans of the Ndrangheta in the GTA. Most of the articles don't mention the Musitanos as one of the 7.
But they DO mention the uncle, Tony Musitano as a respected ndrangheta figure..... And I dont think the 7, ( 9, depending on what you read) have been all identified, have they?

Commisso, Figliomeni, Collucio-Aquino. These are the main ones I know about. Guys like Verduci, Bruzzesse, DiMaria, Racco, what clans are they actually beholden to was never really clear to me. Like there were 7 bosses, but 2 of the ones identified were Figliomenis. So to me, there was always at least ONE missing clan. We haven't even talked about the Ursinos.... There was not an Ursino listed as being one of the 7, is an Ursino one NOW? Who knows.....

How do you guys make the Musitanos as LCN with no family baffles me.... Who made em? Esp if not Buffalo?

The Italian authorities allege that the seven primary ‘Ndrangheta families in the Toronto area are led by: Vincenzo Tavernese, 44, of Thornhill; Cosimo Figliomeni, 45, of Vaughan;Antonio Coluccio, 40, of Richmond Hill; Cosimo Commisso, of Toronto; Angelino Figliomeni, 47, of Woodbridge; Vincenzo “Jimmy” DeMaria, 56, of Mississauga; and Domenic Ruso, 65, of Brampton.
Yes thankyou. Your right and that led to my question. The coverage of the Ndrangheta is shallow. First they always mention the GTA. What about the rest of Canada and Northern US?? How many more Clans etc.?? Didnt DeMarias name come up in some of the murders against the Rizzutos?? I really cant imagine Ndrangheta would be killing LCN members without sanction of LCN.
Slumpy
Straightened out

Post by Slumpy »

Can you even consider the Rizzuto Group LCN now? According to (IIRC) Cicale, Montreal kept sending envelopes for some time after the Sciascia hit, but were they still taking marching orders from the Bonannos?
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Frank wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:45 am

CabriniGreen wrote:

Yes thankyou. Your right and that led to my question. The coverage of the Ndrangheta is shallow. First they always mention the GTA. What about the rest of Canada and Northern US?? How many more Clans etc.?? Didnt DeMarias name come up in some of the murders against the Rizzutos?? I really cant imagine Ndrangheta would be killing LCN members without sanction of LCN.
It's been understood for awhile that " America" for the Ndrangheta means Canada. They also have strongholds in Germany, Australia, South America, they are THE dominant group in Nothern Italy.

The Ursinos were the last ones to try to make a go of it in NY.

I try to get people interested in Ndrangheta, but the response is weird. They seem to get offended at the idea of Ndrangheta being the equal or superior to Cosa Nostra. Even though it's all really the same thing, just in different parts of Italy.

If you really want to keep up with Ndrangheta, watch Italian news closer.... they just popped an Alvaro, called the "Italian Escobar", or something like that...... say hes the number 2 overall in Ndrangheta.....
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Frank wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:45 am

CabriniGreen wrote:

This guy here..... you gotta follow Itslian news..

https://www.infobae.com/america/colombi ... -colombia/
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

The particular surname of the shooting victim — still alive — and his once having fled to Italy do make me wonder whether he has ties to the ‘ndrangheta in the Greater Toronto Area.

Man shot outside Steeles Ave. café was person of interest in gangland murder that led to resignation of Toronto cop

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2020/1 ... o-cop.html
BobbyBacala
On Record

Post by BobbyBacala »

The ndrangheta in gta learned from their mistakes in the 70s and 80s they are excellent at secrecy they are arguably the most powerful organized crime group in canada and their is very little known about them
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

BobbyBacala wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:12 pm The ndrangheta in gta learned from their mistakes in the 70s and 80s they are excellent at secrecy they are arguably the most powerful organized crime group in canada and their is very little known about them
No rats. Blood family.
Annnnnnnd it’s Canada. You’re out in ten whatever.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
scagghiuni
Full Patched

Post by scagghiuni »

BobbyBacala wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:12 pm The ndrangheta in gta learned from their mistakes in the 70s and 80s they are excellent at secrecy they are arguably the most powerful organized crime group in canada and their is very little known about them
cosa nostra and hells angels are stronger than ndrangheta in canada