Mike Perna has died of Covid

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

outfit guy
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Mike Perna has died of Covid

Post by outfit guy »

I phoned someone that lives 5 minutes from him and didn't hear anything. That was a day ago.
joeycigars
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by joeycigars »

mr white wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:55 pm Was either one of the sources Mark Silverman?
:D
outfit guy
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by outfit guy »

OK, looks like it's true but being kept very quiet. There is an obituary.
John W
Straightened out

Post by John W »

outfit guy wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:07 am So I presume this to be another unsubstantiated rumor that appears to be totally false. Maybe it should be pulled down before it spreads anywhere else and alarms distance relatives and friends.
I don’t post that often, I wouldn’t have posted it if it wasn’t true
Dapper_Don
Straightened out

Post by Dapper_Don »

"Michael J. Perna, 78, of East Hanover and formerly of Newark, passed away on October 28, 2020. He enjoyed spending quality time with his loving family, dear cousins and special friends, but most especially his 5 grandchildren. He will be missed by all whom knew him.

Beloved husband of 53 years to Doreen Perna (Gallo). Devoted father of Joseph R. Perna, Dia Borrello and her husband John. Cherished grandfather of Lucia & Michael Perna, Johnny, Michael & Joey Borrello. Dear brother of Ralph Perna and his wife Anna Marie. He is also survived by many loving nieces, nephews, cousins and dear friends. Michael was pre-deceased by his parents Joseph & Lucia Perna."

https://www.tributearchive.com/obituari ... orial-Home

https://www.leonardismemorialhome.com/o ... el-J-Perna
"Bill had to go, he was getting too powerful. If Allie Boy went away on a gun charge, Bill would have took over the family” - Joe Campy testimony about Jackie DeRoss explaining Will Bill murder
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

outfit guy wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:13 am OK, looks like it's true but being kept very quiet. There is an obituary.

Phew.... now that that's cleared up
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
TommyNoto
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by TommyNoto »

Surprising as he was in great shape
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

His son Joseph R. Perna was made in the same ceremony as his cousin John back in 2007 at Little Joe's Toms River house.
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

Was he a made guy?
TommyNoto
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by TommyNoto »

Rocco wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:41 pm His son Joseph R. Perna was made in the same ceremony as his cousin John back in 2007 at Little Joe's Toms River house.
That Joe was the opposite of the more known Joe. Very low key from what I have heard .

I wonder if Mike was running the NJ crew? With the special friends comment in his obit I’m sure he we was still involved. Wonder who runs that crew these days.

I’m surprised he died of Covid, Mike was in great shape as of a few years ago from what I heard. Big loss for that family.
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

TommyNoto wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:09 pm
Rocco wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:41 pm His son Joseph R. Perna was made in the same ceremony as his cousin John back in 2007 at Little Joe's Toms River house.
That Joe was the opposite of the more known Joe. Very low key from what I have heard .

I wonder if Mike was running the NJ crew? With the special friends comment in his obit I’m sure he we was still involved. Wonder who runs that crew these days.

I’m surprised he died of Covid, Mike was in great shape as of a few years ago from what I heard. Big loss for that family.
Like most that die of it. He had under lying illnesses. Most don't even know they have them(High Blood pressure, early onset diabetes etc) Yes very very very low key guy. lol He worked for DHL for many yrs and did bookmaking on the side etc. This crew last I heard was run by a Bronx member. Probably installed to prevent bickering amongst the Hatfield and McCoys so to Speak. With Mike P and Mike T out at the same time. Its the smart thing to do.
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

Pmac2 wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:59 pm Was he a made guy?
Yes made in the 1970s. Longtime NJ Lucchese Player was just released from Prison a few yrs ago . Did 25yrs. Got Locked up in the early 90s
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

Rocco wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:31 am
Pmac2 wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:59 pm Was he a made guy?
Yes made in the 1970s. Longtime NJ Lucchese Player was just released from Prison a few yrs ago . Did 25yrs. Got Locked up in the early 90s. Mike was well known by many families in the 70s and 80s. He was a major player in the Vending Machine and Video Poker rackets. He pretty much had Paterson nailed down with the Video machines.
Philly d
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Philly d »

Rocco wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:30 am
TommyNoto wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:09 pm

Like most that die of it. He had under lying illnesses. Most don't even know they have them(High Blood pressure, early onset diabetes etc) Yes very very very low key guy. lol He worked for DHL for many yrs and did bookmaking on the side etc. This crew last I heard was run by a Bronx member. Probably installed to prevent bickering amongst the Hatfield and McCoys so to Speak. With Mike P and Mike T out at the same time. Its the smart thing to do.
Do you know why the perna was transferred to Staten Island?
BobbyPazzo
Straightened out

Post by BobbyPazzo »

Wake was tonight
Most of you wouldn't be comfortable in my playground.