Baby Shacks

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

JakeTheSnake630
Straightened out

Baby Shacks

Post by JakeTheSnake630 »

In my opinion he is one of the most interesting LCN figures of the last few decades. Hes been around forever, was successful on the lam for ten years, respected by other families, and is extremely intelligent and disciplined. I'm sure hes retired now but he had one of the longest runs in LCN at least in NE area. Would love to see a book come out one day. Any thoughts or hard to come by info anyone has?
If nobody sees it, it didn't happen.
SolarSolano
Full Patched

Re: Baby Shacks

Post by SolarSolano »

He was apparently hiding out in Cicero, IL with affiliates of the Outfit at one point, including Max Inserro. You can find some of these FBI transcripts detailing his alleged whereabouts in Cicero and communication with Rhode Island:

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.htm ... hio_Cicero
JakeTheSnake630
Straightened out

Wow thanks! Louie seems to have contacts all over the place. He was in France for a while on the lam. I think I read somewhere he lives above a business in Fed Hill. He must live comfortably though no?
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

JakeTheSnake630 wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:23 am Wow thanks! Louie seems to have contacts all over the place. He was in France for a while on the lam. I think I read somewhere he lives above a business in Fed Hill. He must live comfortably though no?
He was low key. Lived in an apartment with his mother above Addie’s Laundramat on Atwells Ave.
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
JakeTheSnake630
Straightened out

JCB1977 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:42 pm
JakeTheSnake630 wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:23 am Wow thanks! Louie seems to have contacts all over the place. He was in France for a while on the lam. I think I read somewhere he lives above a business in Fed Hill. He must live comfortably though no?
He was low key. Lived in an apartment with his mother above Addie’s Laundramat on Atwells Ave.
Lived? So he doesn't live in Federal Hill anymore? I'm sure the guy is retired.
mr white
Straightened out

Post by mr white »

he's been in Florida for almost a decade..retired and left when he got out..
RI_Guy
Associate

Post by RI_Guy »

ran into him about a year ago on the hill, he was up to take care of some stuff with the building, definitely lives in Florida almost full time these days, enjoying the retired life on the beach
Hired_Goonz
Straightened out

Post by Hired_Goonz »

There was an episode that dealt with him on that Crimetown podcast. The episode was about Patriarca's personal nurse who ended up becoming Baby Shank's sidepiece. I believe she said that when she met him he had just recently got back from being on the lam and he was working as a maitre d' at a nice Italian restaurant in Federal Hill. I don't know what kind of criminal activity this guy was involved with during his long life in the mob but by all accounts he carried himself as an absolute gentleman at all times.
Extortion
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Extortion »

Hes like 90 now
“In Italian, La Cosa Nostra is also known as ‘our headache.’” -Jerry Anguilo
JakeTheSnake630
Straightened out

Imagine the stories that guy can tell. Of course he won't, he's LCN to the core.
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

mr white wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:31 am he's been in Florida for almost a decade..retired and left when he got out..
He did his supervised release in Rhode Island then got permission to move to Florida.
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Extortion wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:04 pm Hes like 90 now
He turned 93 back in June

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
JakeTheSnake630
Straightened out

I wonder if he has any guys down there around him that take care of him, driver, etc? Or if he gets together with other retired wise guys as I’m sure there are plenty throughout the state.
mr white
Straightened out

Post by mr white »

I wonder what a guy can still do with his day when he wakes up at age 93...probably too late to sit around taking blowjobs from hot slots, your friends are all dead and what do you do with your money because your already at the beach in FL ..
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

JakeTheSnake630 wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:25 pm I wonder if he has any guys down there around him that take care of him, driver, etc? Or if he gets together with other retired wise guys as I’m sure there are plenty throughout the state.
Louie mostly associated with “his own friends” in his private life. His closest friends were not mobsters. Lifelong friends.

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP