Mob extortions during pandemic

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Re: Mob extortions during pandemic

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Boopsie was acting UB??

so what was Crea Snr during this time?? He was out that whole time..
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
tmarotta
Straightened out

Post by tmarotta »

Crea got indicted in 2000. Not sure if he got indicted before or after the previously mentioned indictment.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

He was Acting Boss at the time.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
ng
On Record

Post by ng »

I think strip clubs are the best example of what kinds of businesses get shaken down these days. Enterprises that are only semi-legal especially are vulnerable, in the case of lcn it also can happen because of the need for arbitration/street mediation, the inability to repay a debt, etc. The most common one I've heard of (outside of union peace), is when a crew steals the video poker machines of an independent operator off one of his stops in broad daylight. The crew gives the operator a number to call and a price to get the machines back. Another common one is to send a beard to a indy bookie and have the beard bet wild. If the beard wins the made guy collects, if he loses he starts a beef saying the indy bookie stole his customer.
scagghiuni
Full Patched

Post by scagghiuni »

ng wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:43 am I think strip clubs are the best example of what kinds of businesses get shaken down these days. Enterprises that are only semi-legal especially are vulnerable, in the case of lcn it also can happen because of the need for arbitration/street mediation, the inability to repay a debt, etc. The most common one I've heard of (outside of union peace), is when a crew steals the video poker machines of an independent operator off one of his stops in broad daylight. The crew gives the operator a number to call and a price to get the machines back. Another common one is to send a beard to a indy bookie and have the beard bet wild. If the beard wins the made guy collects, if he loses he starts a beef saying the indy bookie stole his customer.
i think probably some ordinary gangs, at least the strongest, ask protection money from strip clubs, instead to extort all kind of shops it is different, in europe only in sicily/southern italy it happens sistematically, i doubt it happens in other places, not even in eastern europe