Three Capos Murders

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

chin_gigante
Full Patched

Re: Three Capos Murders

Post by chin_gigante »

Yeah, looking at it should've been more specific to make it clear that the 'possibly' was implied with Bonventre
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Makes you wonder if Cesare Bonventre may have been related to Giordano, Fiordilino, etc. given the connection to the Bonventre name. It's a common name in CDG mafia circles and shows up in many different family trees, so could go either way. Hard not to find a Bonventre or Buccellato when doing genealogy on anyone from that village.

Giordano gets mentioned in a lot of places but not in much detail. His importance may have gotten a bit lost due to his paralysis and death. He was a driver or at least an accomplice at the scene of the Carmine Galante murder, then a central part of the three captains hit. Would be great if we could find out more about him becoming captain, acting or not.
DPG
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by DPG »

Our old friend GV on BB currently

Giaconne was based at his trucking business in South Ozone Park. Trinchera also had a trucking businesses, his Bronx one was sold about two months before that hit on the three capos. After the sale, he was seen in North New Jersey, Manhattan, Brooklyn, and Queens alot, mostly in New Jersey, and Manhattan, close to Sonny Red.

The zips are no joke. But neither were the Indelicatos, Tommy Karate, Giaconne, and a few others in the renegade faction. Many of the Zips, were also split, as Rastelli and his faction were not keeping part of their deal with the Galante hit. Ceasar Bonventre and Philip Ciaconne were related, that is why Bonventre was not told about what was going to happened incase he tipped Ciaconne off. The Rizzuto in Montreal were with Rastelli after Sonny Red borrowed a lot of money from George from Canada, and never made an attempt to pay back the money.

Frank Lino was a soldier in Bruno Indelicatos crew, after Lino was spared due to interference of his cousin Eddie and Dellacroce in the Gambino family. Lino was allowed to come back into the folds. When Sonny Black was to be murdered, Frank Lino was assigned to test his loyalty, and to become the official capo of Bruno Indelicato crew.

There were two neutral members there. Both Capos, who were Joe Zicarelli of New Jersey, and I want to say Vito DeFilippo of the Bronx, but It could have been Al Walker, don't have the report near by.
I get it....first rule of fight club.
bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

frank copa i think was on the sonny hit with massino
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

I refuse to acknowledge anything posted by GV, but since misinformation has already been posted above, a few points:

- It was Giaccone who sold his trucking business not long before the murder. This is mentioned in Donnie Brasco.
- Giaccone was not related to Bonventre. Giaccone's nephew (who has a lot in common with GV) wrote a book and claimed Giaccone's family was from Castellammare but that's not true. They were from Agrigento like the Indelicatos.
- Bonventre was facing legal troubles during this period which is why he seemingly was not directly involved.
- Eddie Lino was an associate on record with Neil Dellacroce which is why Frank Lino was able to reach out to him and get help from Dellacroce.

Hopefully that's the last time scumbag GV gets mentioned on the board, though I believe he was on here under a new name fairly recently though he hasn't been back.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

What name?
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Won't mention the name in case I'm wrong but the guy was posting quite a bit in the charts area a few months back but has dipped out. Very similar posting style and approach but not quite as over the top as GV. I believe he was on here over a year ago under yet another name as well.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Aaah, ok.

Just wanted to be on the lookout...
DPG
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by DPG »

B. wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:09 pm I refuse to acknowledge anything posted by GV, but since misinformation has already been posted above, a few points:

- It was Giaccone who sold his trucking business not long before the murder. This is mentioned in Donnie Brasco.
- Giaccone was not related to Bonventre. Giaccone's nephew (who has a lot in common with GV) wrote a book and claimed Giaccone's family was from Castellammare but that's not true. They were from Agrigento like the Indelicatos.
- Bonventre was facing legal troubles during this period which is why he seemingly was not directly involved.
- Eddie Lino was an associate on record with Neil Dellacroce which is why Frank Lino was able to reach out to him and get help from Dellacroce.

Hopefully that's the last time scumbag GV gets mentioned on the board, though I believe he was on here under a new name fairly recently though he hasn't been back.
My bad for bringing his bs over here it's just I get a little fed up with how they suck his dick on bb. He's the number one researcher over there.
I get it....first rule of fight club.
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

chin_gigante wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:00 am Lino, recounting the event, identified the guys there as the three victims, Massino, Sciascia, the unwitting DiStefano and Zicarelli, Giordano and a couple of other Zips he didn’t know. Navarra would be one of those Zips, leaving only one other participant at the scene unidentified.

The only participant I think we still need to identify is the other Zip at the club who was there with Giordano and Navarra.
I took another look at The Sixth Family and it hit me that the other Zip is almost certainly Giovanni Ligammari. When it covers the scene prior to the three capos murder it describes Vitale accidentally discharging his weapon and narrowly missing Ligammari. If I'm remembering correctly, Ligammari was also in the photograph with Massino, Sciascia and Rizzuto that was taken a couple of days after the murder.
Hailbritain
Full Patched

Post by Hailbritain »

Doesn’t destefano also state in his book that sciascia was also one of the shooters ??
dixiemafia
Full Patched

Post by dixiemafia »

Hailbritain wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:41 am Doesn’t destefano also state in his book that sciascia was also one of the shooters ??
He at least gave the sign to shoot and I think was still able to get a few rounds off too
If I didn't have my case coming up, I would like to come back with you gentlemen when this is over with and really lay the law down what is going on in this country.....
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

Yeah, according to the guys who were there Sciascia shot I think it was Indelicato in the head after he was felled by a shotgun blast. I was just classing him as part of the setup as that seemed like his primary role and for simplicity's sake I left the shooters as the four designated to hide in the closet and wait for the ambush.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

From the info JD posted, one of the shooters (Navarra if I remember right) dropped his gun and this was the gun Sciascia picked up and ended up using in the murder.
thekiduknow
Full Patched

Post by thekiduknow »

I was looking back at Massino's testimony he mentions a "Vinny from Canada" as one of the shooters, does anyone know who that would be?