News from Italy

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

aleksandrored
Full Patched

Re: News from Italy

Post by aleksandrored »

aleksandrored
Full Patched

Post by aleksandrored »

Cosa Nostra, the "new" family "La Rocca and cell baptisms"

The Chameleon investigation

Some excerpts ended up in the Chameleon investigation of the Catania Mobile Squad that crushed the criminal power of the Cappello-Bonaccorsi in Catania.
And in particular, he brought behind bars Mario Strano, former boss of Cosa Nostra and then an ally (autonomous) of the clan represented (historically) by the godfathers Turi Cappello and Ignazio Bonaccorsi.

The minutes

As soon as Caruana sees Mario Strano's photo, he confides to the magistrates of the DDA that he has known him "for many years". So who is Strange? “The regent of the Monte Po district”, he replies. Caruana is acchiana and scinni (the criminal nickname of the boss, ed) would have done a lot of business together. Mostly drug business.

"When he came out of prison in 2015, we met and we also did business together, he told me that he had several contacts to get significant quantities of cocaine and marijuana also through Sebastiano Sardo".

The godfather's revelations to the repentant

The repentant says that in 2017 Mario's brother, Alessandro, told him a series of details about the now famous constitution of the "new family" that should have taken hold over ten years ago.

"Alessandro also told me that in 2009 Pippo Martiddina (Squillaci) and Ciccio La Rocca (boss of Caltagirone) had baptized and in this context Alessandro Strano was made a man of honor, as well as Piero Crisafulli and Santo Panitteri (Santo Di Benedetto , editor's note) who later confirmed it to me directly.

I also asked Ciccio La Rocca for confirmation - the repent continues to tell - we were in two different sections in Bicocca in November 2017, he had been translated for a trial, he was on the first floor and I on the second. From my window I could see the 'walk' and, having noticed it, I asked him for confirmation and he told me that what Alessandro had told me was corresponding to reality “.

The failed blood project

The choice of the Strano to change mafia tunic would have been linked to the plan of Santo La Causa, ruler of the Santapaolas at the time, to kill them.

Caruana explains: " This is due to some facts dating back to 1999, in particular for the murder of Salvatore Pappalardo (man of honor, ed) ... subject close to Santo La Causa and due to the identification of who should have commanded in Monte Po. The instigator of the murder is Antonino Santapaola who was close to the Strano family and wanted to safeguard their power. Santo La Causa therefore intended to avenge the death of his friend “.

But that bloody project failed with the arrests in the 2009 Summit blitz. How much the carabinieri interrupted the summit of the dome of the Santapaola-Ercolano family in a villa in Belpasso. The meeting had been called by La Causa itself.
aleksandrored
Full Patched

Post by aleksandrored »

A Cosa Nostra mob boss cuts and swallows a guard's finger in Italy/b]

A Boss of Cosa Nostra , the Sicilian mafia, cut a prison guard's little finger with his teeth this summer before swallowing it, the Rome daily Il Messagero reported. Giuseppe Fanara , 60, had been serving a life sentence for nine years in the Roman prison of Rebibbia , under the special regime of article “41 bis” of the Italian penal code, reserved for gangsters . According to information from Messagero, the detainee attacked seven police officers from the prison last June who had come to do a check on his cell. In a melee, on the very floor of his compound, he punched an agent in the face and then bitthe little finger of his right hand. The finger was not found, leading a Rome prosecutor to conclude that the detainee had eaten it , the newspaper added. After this act, the prisoner would have thrown himself against the other six colleagues of the agent using a broom handle as a weapon . "I will cut your throat like pigs" would have screamed the man, who later was transferred to the prison of high security of Sassari in Sardinia . Giuseppe Fanara had been sentenced to life imprisonment at a trial in 2009, as a result of a raid against the mafia, in 2006, in the Agrigento region , in Sicily. The trial, which resulted in three life sentences and a sentence of 18 years in prison, concerned the murder of two brothers who had rebelled against Cosa Nostra's lawsuits, as well as the murder of three men as a result of conflicts between gangster clans , in the late 90s.
scagghiuni
Full Patched

Post by scagghiuni »

46 ARRESTED IN FRANCE AND ITALY IN A HIT AGAINST THE ’NDRANGHETA

https://www.europol.europa.eu/newsroom/ ... ndrangheta
motorfab
Full Patched

Post by motorfab »

scagghiuni wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:49 pm 46 ARRESTED IN FRANCE AND ITALY IN A HIT AGAINST THE ’NDRANGHETA

This morning a French newspaper wrote that: "Another interest of this type of extraordinary collaboration between European countries, the suspects will be distributed between the different jurisdictions according to the crimes and the places where they were committed. 'a network linked to the mafia, the Italian justice has more adapted legislation. The mafia association is a heavily punished offense there, which does not exist in French criminal legislation. "

Fortunately, it's a collaboration between countries, otherwise with French legislation the guys will be out in 2 months (it's well known, in France there is no organized crime ... no comment)
scagghiuni
Full Patched

Post by scagghiuni »

Mafia in Catania, blitz against the Santapaola-Ercolano clan: 21 arrests

https://sicilylab.com/mafia-in-catania- ... 1-arrests/
scagghiuni
Full Patched

Post by scagghiuni »

motorfab wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:00 am
scagghiuni wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:49 pm 46 ARRESTED IN FRANCE AND ITALY IN A HIT AGAINST THE ’NDRANGHETA

This morning a French newspaper wrote that: "Another interest of this type of extraordinary collaboration between European countries, the suspects will be distributed between the different jurisdictions according to the crimes and the places where they were committed. 'a network linked to the mafia, the Italian justice has more adapted legislation. The mafia association is a heavily punished offense there, which does not exist in French criminal legislation. "

Fortunately, it's a collaboration between countries, otherwise with French legislation the guys will be out in 2 months (it's well known, in France there is no organized crime ... no comment)
who are the 'french gangsters' arrested in the blitz? corsicans, marseillaises or french-calabrians?
motorfab
Full Patched

Post by motorfab »

scagghiuni wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:57 am
motorfab wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:00 am

who are the 'french gangsters' arrested in the blitz? corsicans, marseillaises or french-calabrians?
I haven't the slightest idea, the press doesn't communicate much about it, just the written press in fact. Surely IMHO Marseillais (lot of French Italien over there) but I will dig more tomorrow, I was a little busy today. I'll tell you if I found something new.
motorfab
Full Patched

Post by motorfab »

I do not have his identity but according to a Swiss newspaper there is a French drug trafficker having relations with the Magnoli family, established for years on the Côte d'Azur, with ramifications in Belgium and the Netherlands.
scagghiuni
Full Patched

Post by scagghiuni »

Dozens arrested in Italo-Swiss sting against 'Ndrangheta Mafia

Italian and Swiss authorities have arrested 75 people in a joint raid against Italy's 'Ndrangheta Mafia.

The operation was the result of "years of intense investigative work" between Italian and Swiss prosecutors and police, said a statement from Italy's financial crimes police, the Guardia di Finanza, on Tuesday.

Those arrested were accused of several crimes, including Mafia association, international drug trafficking, money laundering, false registration of assets, and corruption.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/07/ ... 45852.html

on july there was a big operation against 'ndrangheta in switzerland
AM434
Straightened out

Post by AM434 »

Article said the operation targeted families from Lamezia Terme and Vibo Valentia. Does anyone know which families those are?
scagghiuni
Full Patched

Post by scagghiuni »

AM434 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:07 pm Article said the operation targeted families from Lamezia Terme and Vibo Valentia. Does anyone know which families those are?
anello and bonavota
AM434
Straightened out

Post by AM434 »

Interesting, are those prominent families?
scagghiuni
Full Patched

Post by scagghiuni »

46 MEMBERS OF THE SICILIAN MAFIA COSA NOSTRA ARRESTED

https://www.europol.europa.eu/newsroom/ ... a-arrested
motorfab
Full Patched

Post by motorfab »

Oh boy, they don't laugh when they bust Europol, that's 3 in 3 days