FBI raids Staten Island home of self-proclaimed Genovese ‘boss’

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nydail ... utType=amp

Some guy claims to be a genovese "boss" lol.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Blanco? Any relation to Benny Blanco from the Bronx? :lol:

Key takeaway: "Notably, the FBI agent does not write that he believes Blanco is actually a mobster."

Nice house though. And it does say he once collected debts for a gambling operation.
All roads lead to New York.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Biggest headline letdown in memory. I read it and thought they’d got Barney. Turns out isn’t even on record. Talk about rollacoaster
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
givememysocks
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by givememysocks »

What a fuckin joke
maatsetungi
Associate

Re: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nydailynews.com/new-york/ny-genovese-staten-raid-20200905-isuqj655ejcm7doloihtcdkur

Post by maatsetungi »

Here is the story for users from EU
Stephen Blanco’s Staten Island home.
Stephen Blanco’s Staten Island home. (Esha Ray / New York Daily News)
The FBI is investigating a gun-toting, self-proclaimed Genovese mob “boss” who has drugged two girlfriends since 2018, court papers claim.

A search warrant for the Staten Island home of Stephen “Stevie Westside” Blanco quietly unsealed in Brooklyn Federal Court details the feds’ ongoing investigation for illegal gun possession, gambling and interstate stalking. The probe began in June when one of Blanco’s exes walked into an NYPD precinct on the island’s south shore.

“Blanco often carried a firearm and large amounts of cash. Blanco told her, on more than one occasion, that he was a member of organized crime,” FBI Special Agent Joseph Costello wrote in a July 23 document in federal court explaining the investigation.

Blanco “frequently boasted...about being a member and ’boss’ in the Genovese organized crime family of La Cosa Nostra,” the agent wrote. Blanco allegedly told the woman, who was not identified in papers, that he was inducted into the family around the same time as Frank Cali, the reputed head of the Gambino crime family who was gunned down in front of his family home last year.

Notably, the FBI agent does not write that he believes Blanco is actually a mobster.

Reached by phone, Blanco said the feds had the wrong guy and did not search his home. He said he has a pistol permit and no criminal record. “I have a fiancee. I have no idea what all this is,” Blanco said.

His former flame told cops Blanco kept a gun hidden behind a bidet in the second floor of his Ashland Ave. home and a second handgun in a Louis Vuitton handbag stashed in the trunk of his car.

The woman rekindled a romance with Blanco from 2018 to March 2019 and tagged along with him while he collected debts for a Costa Rica-based gambling operation, she said. The relationship took a darker turn when Blanco persuaded her to keep $20,900 in cash at his house, she said. Blanco later told her he gave the money to a neighbor for a piece of property and that she’d agreed to the deal the prior evening, according to the filing. The woman believed Blanco drugged her.

[More New York] GRIDLOCK SAM: Take a lesson from me, there are plenty of traffic changes due »
“You know who I am... you’re not going to f--k me, right?” Blanco allegedly told the woman in June 2020 as he returned some of her belongings.

A neighbor of Blanco’s who declined to be named said the FBI and NYPD blocked her driveway while searching his home about a month ago.

“I wish them well. Hopefully everything is okay. We just want to live in peace. That’s what everyone wants. With all the crap that’s going on now, he’s the least of our problems. This city has gone nuts. We need to support the cops. It’s getting ridiculous. You can’t let the criminals rule the streets,” the neighbor said.

Another of Blanco’s ex-girlfriends told authorities she had an abusive relationship with him between 2017 and 2018, according to the FBI agent.

“Woman-2 believed BLANCO frequently drugged her by serving her drinks mixed with Xanax,” the agent wrote.

That relationship ended in November 2018 after Blanco allegedly texted her an audio clip of him raping her while she was under the influence, according to the filing.

The NYPD confirmed a 57-year-old woman had filed a harassment complaint against Blanco at that time, but no arrest was made.

[More New York] SEE IT: Bronx man fires at motorcyclist in what cops call robbery try »
Papers indicate Blanco was convicted in 1999 of conspiracy to defraud the United States.
outfit guy
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: FBI raids Staten Island home of self-proclaimed Genovese ‘boss’

Post by outfit guy »

What a joke. I wrote the author as I did with the RHNJ story. The FBI bleeding the maaaafia angle for six figure pensions. They just won't let go.
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

outfit guy wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:04 am What a joke. I wrote the author as I did with the RHNJ story. The FBI bleeding the maaaafia angle for six figure pensions. They just won't let go.
Thank you for saying that because that's exactly my thoughts on this especially having to throw in certain names in there. But if I had, someone would busted my chops for it and am just not in the mood for it..lol.

This author actually usually writes on mob related stuff in a somewhat exploitative style. I also checked and could not find anything on Pacer in relation to this current matter. At least a search warrant would have shown up on there. But also regarding his past..which wasn't clarified....he only received a year's probation or something like that, yet it made out to be more than it was just because the cops said so.

So...another lesson in media manipulation.
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

Blanco “frequently boasted...about being a member and ’boss’ in the Genovese organized crime family of La Cosa Nostra,” the agent wrote. Blanco allegedly told the woman, who was not identified in papers, that he was inducted into the family around the same time as Frank Cali, the reputed head of the Gambino crime family

Wait so he was inducted into the Genovese but used Cali from the Gambinos as his reference of when he was made? :lol:
"I wanna hear some noise." "Tell Salvie to clean the boat, the whole boat top to bottom" -Nicodemo "Nicky" Scarfo Sr"
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

Fughedaboutit wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:15 am Blanco “frequently boasted...about being a member and ’boss’ in the Genovese organized crime family of La Cosa Nostra,” the agent wrote. Blanco allegedly told the woman, who was not identified in papers, that he was inducted into the family around the same time as Frank Cali, the reputed head of the Gambino crime family

Wait so he was inducted into the Genovese but used Cali from the Gambinos as his reference of when he was made? :lol:
Bingo.
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

And of course now every idiot everywhere not mainstream media is running with this BS. With no proof other than this one article and nothing else to back it up since as i said there is nothing available that I can find. But everyone wants to be the big man and hop on the bandwagon.

I bitch about this for a variety of reasons.
Costigan
Straightened out

Post by Costigan »

C'mon guys, it's Stevie Westside! He's gotta be the boss.
To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

I bet Barney got a kick out of this whole thing 😂
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
Dante
Honorary Member

Post by Dante »

outfit guy wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:04 am What a joke. I wrote the author as I did with the RHNJ story. The FBI bleeding the maaaafia angle for six figure pensions. They just won't let go.

At least in this case, the FBI aren’t bleeding the mafia angry though.

It says the agent even says he doesn’t think the guy is mobbed up.

It’s the writer who’s leading with the guy’s bullshit about being a member.
Dante
Honorary Member

Post by Dante »

*angle
chubby
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by chubby »

What the fuck even is this shit?!!!