General Mob Questions

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Re: General Mob Questions

Post by JeremyTheJew »

aleksandrored wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:12 pm
JeremyTheJew wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:52 pm
PolackTony wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:32 pm
JeremyTheJew wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:01 pm Watching GANGSTER LAND about machine gun jack mcgurn.

Showed Torrio getting gunned down by Irish guys.

But I was under impression that capone set up the hit.

Anyone wanna chime in?
Torrio was most likely shot by two of O'Bannion's lieutenants, Bugs Moran (French/Canadian) and Hymie Weiss (Polish) in retaliation for O'Bannion's murder. It's a common misconception that the Northside gang was "Irish", which plays into simplistic narratives of Irish vs Italians. The Northsiders were completely multiethnic, and had Jews, Germans, even Italians. One of their bosses was a Sicilian, Vincent Drucci.
Wow did not realize that the north was so multi ethnic.
Very interesting.
I enjoyed GANGSTER LAND... decent movie.

A year or two ago there was a rumor they were gonna make a movie on Giancana and Accardo story. I'd love to watch that
There is this film about Giancana:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IP9_wGqIxI
Ya i use to own that movie.
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:29 am
JeremyTheJew wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:28 pm I thought u were New Zealand for the longest time lol.
Australia Jezza. Gohn’s the treacherous Kiwi. But I live in North America now.
I am actually privy to know where in north America.
But that's bc sonny allways secretly admired me.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:43 pm
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:29 am
JeremyTheJew wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:28 pm I thought u were New Zealand for the longest time lol.
Australia Jezza. Gohn’s the treacherous Kiwi. But I live in North America now.
I am actually privy to know where in north America.
But that's bc sonny allways secretly admired me.
Tolerated Jezza. Tolerated. 😋
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
SB1825
Straightened out

Post by SB1825 »

Was the Gambino capo Pasquale “Patsy” Conte in anyway related to Antonino “Nino” Conte? Nino Conte was Anastasia’s underboss for a short while. I have seen it be rumored that Patsy Conte bought his button. Surely if his relative was a powerful member then he would have gotten in off of nepotism, and wouldn’t of had to buy his way in.
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

SB1825 wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:43 am Was the Gambino capo Pasquale “Patsy” Conte in anyway related to Antonino “Nino” Conte? Nino Conte was Anastasia’s underboss for a short while. I have seen it be rumored that Patsy Conte bought his button. Surely if his relative was a powerful member then he would have gotten in off of nepotism, and wouldn’t of had to buy his way in.
felice who has very good info on the Gambino Sicilians said he paid 100k and it was well known among members.
SB1825
Straightened out

Post by SB1825 »

JohnnyS wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:46 am
SB1825 wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:43 am Was the Gambino capo Pasquale “Patsy” Conte in anyway related to Antonino “Nino” Conte? Nino Conte was Anastasia’s underboss for a short while. I have seen it be rumored that Patsy Conte bought his button. Surely if his relative was a powerful member then he would have gotten in off of nepotism, and wouldn’t of had to buy his way in.
felice who has very good info on the Gambino Sicilians said he paid 100k and it was well known among members.
Hmm that is interesting, from what I’ve seen Felice is a very good poster so I should take that info as very reliable/ correct. That is odd that he bought his button if his father/ uncle/ cousin or whatever was high up.
jimmi_beans8
Straightened out

Post by jimmi_beans8 »

gave jr 800k also
jimmi_beans8
Straightened out

Post by jimmi_beans8 »

gave jr 800k also
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

Father and son.
There you have it, never printed before.
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

Back in the day, did the Genovese and Lucchese faction have more power than the Decalvacante family in New Jersey?
thekiduknow
Full Patched

Post by thekiduknow »

Has the entire DeCalvacante tapes been released in any format? Besides the book?
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Shellackhead wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:22 pm Back in the day, did the Genovese and Lucchese faction have more power than the Decalvacante family in New Jersey?
We just had a thread with these questions.

But u didnt really miss much ... short answer was "no crew will be stronger then a fam"
UTC
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by UTC »

HairyKnuckles wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:56 am
Father and son.
I should have known my "civil union partner" bet was a long shot.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

UTC wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:45 pm I should have known my "civil union partner" bet was a long shot.
😂
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
TallGuy19
Full Patched

Post by TallGuy19 »

Was Crazy Joe Gallo ever a captain? I've heard a lot about the "Gallo faction," but it's hard to believe that they would promote a problem child like him to that position.
"A thug changes, and love changes, and best friends become strangers. Word up."