General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Snakes
Full Patched

Re: General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Post by Snakes »

Frank wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:34 pm
Snakes wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:04 pm
Frank wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:55 pm Also as we have talked about before, Frank Calabrese said that Joe Andriacchi was boss. John DiFronzo didnt want it. That seems to be a log jam for that whole time period. Because Johnny Monteleone is also identified as boss. They only thing I can think of is Either Frank was wrong or he was talking aboutan earlier time period. Or they had 2 bosses. Or Andriacchi held they Accardo/ Ricca type position.Another thought is that Monteleone was acting for Carlisi and DiFronzo was official underboss, than stepped down for Andriacchi.
Frank also talks about Monteleone being the boss in other conversations so unless he is talking about being boss in a different sense. Maybe as the top boss with Monteleone as day-to-day? Who knows, I don't think there will be a clear answer anytime soon. I don't remember Andriacchi ever officially being identified as underboss (or Marcello as boss, although it could be heavily inferred).

You are right, this time period is a mess.
Other things to consider. Was Carlisi boss till he died. Also even though he was about 87 when he was released, did Aiuppa have a position still?
Did Carlisi name Marcello as his successor? There is alot of positions that were never officially confirmed by FBI. Andriacchis name came up in the Zizzo murder/ disappearance as someone he was going to meet with that day. Sounded like a sitdown that never happened.
Aiuppa was considered the "consigliere" when he died; which is how the FBI normally labeled the "former boss acting in an advisory capacity" role.

It could also be true that Carlisi (who was still appealing his case when he died) was still "official" boss when he passed, and whoever acted in the interim (maybe a DiFronzo or Andriacchi) was not labeled as "boss" because they weren't the "official" boss. Of course once Carlisi died, someone had to take that "official" role on which could explain why Nick's succession goes from Carlisi to Monteleone, skipping any acting bosses. DiFronzo would have stepped back by this point and maybe Andriacchi didn't want the day-to-day role but was still seen as "senior" to Monteleone (holding the "top spot" as described by Frank), who formally ran the Outfit for the next four years. I really don't have a better answer beyond conjecture.
SolarSolano
Full Patched

Post by SolarSolano »

Tournabene came up in Sam Carlisi's previous crew, correct? I remember the news video with Bruno Caruso driving him around and acting as a chauffeur and could not believe they still do that shit in Chicago in this day and age.

My view on DiFronzo is just a theory - I think he was only fronting for the Cicero/MP crew for several decades and actually had turned his crew over to Andriacchi to insulate himself further. I also tend to think DiFronzo was deeply in debt to Carlisi because of his brother Joseph and the pot farm - and I remember vividly a quote about DiFRonzo being asked if he was the boss and said "read the papers" which I took to mean "they sure as hell think so."

I think Carlisi did name Marcello as the heir apparent at some point and perhaps Monteleone (who technically was a Cicero guy) was a stand in - when he passed, Tournabene took over at the street level. DiFronzo was merely a beard or in an advisory role - and more than likely, had a lot of money on the street being run by the Cicero crew. Andriacchi from my view took over Elmwood Park and Grand Avenue and likely the remnants of the North Side but by that time, I think he was working for Cicero not DiFronzo. I think guys like Al Mitria and Marco D'Amico who were close with Andriacchi went over with him - I think a lot of other guys like Fratto were shelved.

What confuses that is the entire Chuck Goudie thing with DiFronzo meeting with key guys - but I believe the only ones to be identified are D'Amico and his brothers - no one from Cicero. That indicates to me that it was more of a friendly gathering - or that D'Amico was perhaps there representing Cicero.
Coloboy
Straightened out

Post by Coloboy »

SolarSolano wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:02 pm Tournabene came up in Sam Carlisi's previous crew, correct? I remember the news video with Bruno Caruso driving him around and acting as a chauffeur and could not believe they still do that shit in Chicago in this day and age.

My view on DiFronzo is just a theory - I think he was only fronting for the Cicero/MP crew for several decades and actually had turned his crew over to Andriacchi to insulate himself further. I also tend to think DiFronzo was deeply in debt to Carlisi because of his brother Joseph and the pot farm - and I remember vividly a quote about DiFRonzo being asked if he was the boss and said "read the papers" which I took to mean "they sure as hell think so."

I think Carlisi did name Marcello as the heir apparent at some point and perhaps Monteleone (who technically was a Cicero guy) was a stand in - when he passed, Tournabene took over at the street level. DiFronzo was merely a beard or in an advisory role - and more than likely, had a lot of money on the street being run by the Cicero crew. Andriacchi from my view took over Elmwood Park and Grand Avenue and likely the remnants of the North Side but by that time, I think he was working for Cicero not DiFronzo. I think guys like Al Mitria and Marco D'Amico who were close with Andriacchi went over with him - I think a lot of other guys like Fratto were shelved.

What confuses that is the entire Chuck Goudie thing with DiFronzo meeting with key guys - but I believe the only ones to be identified are D'Amico and his brothers - no one from Cicero. That indicates to me that it was more of a friendly gathering - or that D'Amico was perhaps there representing Cicero.
Very interesting take. Anything is possible. Man the 90's era to today really is a mess. The big question is whether Montelone, Marcello, Andriacchi, all had a top boss over them during this time. Based on the outfits history it seems likely. I have a hard time believing that guys like Difronzo and Lombardo were lower in the pecking order then guys like Marcello and Montelone. Historically it just wasn't how things played out.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

I don't think they were, I think they were simply guys that were mostly out of the game and nobody fucked with them out of respect, as they were probably not as active.
They weren't necessarily giving a ton of orders or setting policy but nobody could really tell them what to do, either. That is just the impression I have. You could probably add Angelo LaPietra to that list, too. Just a group of guys who were essentially semi-retired but possessed enough clout to occasionally interject themselves into certain situations while letting others handle the everyday business of the organization.
Coloboy
Straightened out

Post by Coloboy »

Snakes wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:24 pm I don't think they were, I think they were simply guys that were mostly out of the game and nobody fucked with them out of respect, as they were probably not as active.
They weren't necessarily giving a ton of orders or setting policy but nobody could really tell them what to do, either. That is just the impression I have. You could probably add Angelo LaPietra to that list, too. Just a group of guys who were essentially semi-retired but possessed enough clout to occasionally interject themselves into certain situations while letting others handle the everyday business of the organization.
Agreed on DiFronzo. At least by 2005 or 2006 I think he was pretty much retired. Prior to that it is my opinion he held some type of official top boss or senior advisor role.

Lombardo I think is a different story. He insulated himself very well, but a lot of reports state that he was pretty active with grand Avenue up until family secrets. I think guys like Cozzo, Vena, and Spina were running the day today but it still seems he was the ultimate go to guy in that crew. I can’t remember where I saw it, Maybe someone here does, but I remember a quote from a wire tap of a member who said something like “Joey has more going on than anyone”
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Coloboy wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:09 am
Snakes wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:24 pm I don't think they were, I think they were simply guys that were mostly out of the game and nobody fucked with them out of respect, as they were probably not as active.
Agreed on DiFronzo. At least by 2005 or 2006 I think he was pretty much retired. Prior to that it is my opinion he held some type of official top boss or senior advisor role.

Lombardo I think is a different story. He insulated himself very well, but a lot of reports state that he was pretty active with grand Avenue up until family secrets. I think guys like Cozzo, Vena, and Spina were running the day today but it still seems he was the ultimate go to guy in that crew. I can’t remember where I saw it, Maybe someone here does, but I remember a quote from a wire tap of a member who said something like “Joey has more going on than anyone”
I think that may have been the case but as you said, those guys were doing the leg work for him. His days of being on the street and active were probably over, and I think that was by his own choice: he was on parole for several years after his release and could not afford to get caught up in anything and go back to prison. Same deal with LaPietra. So they may have "bossed" Grand Avenue and Chinatown respectively, similar to how Accardo had bossed the entire Outfit in the 70s and 80s, only on a smaller scale. That way, LaPietra gets to sit at the social club all day and occasionally collect an envelope while letting Toots Caruso run that crew and Lombardo gets to do the same and work at the machine shop or whatever and have his guys run Grand Avenue.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Most of you know that im currently still learning the "new" era or from the 1970s onward, but besides that here are my current thoughts starting from 1989 until 2010....

1989 - 1993

Top boss: Accardo (died in 92)

Boss: Carlisi (in custody in 93)

Underboss: DiFronzo (convicted in 93)

Advisor: Alex (imprisoned in 92)

West: Marcello (convicted in 92)

North: Solano (died in 92)

South/Cicero: Infelice (imprisoned in 93)

Chi Heights: Palermo (imprisoned in 92)

Additional capos: Andriacchi (EP), Centracchio (Grand), J LaPietra (Chinatown, died in 93), Tornabene (MP/Cicero)

1993 - 1994

Top boss: Carlisi (imprisoned)

Boss: DiFronzo (conviction overturned in 93/94)

Underboss: vacant

Advisor: Lombardo (released back in 92)

South/Chinatown: Monteleone (possibly acting underboss and at the same time being the boss of South/Cicero)

North/West: Andriacchi

West: Centracchio

Additional capos: Tornabene (MP/Cicero), Spano Sr (Cicero), Caruso Jr (Chinatown)

1995 - 1997

Top boss: Carlisi (imprisoned/died in 97)

Boss: DiFronzo

Underboss: Monteleone (possibly still an acting underboss)

Advisor: Lombardo/LaPietra

Cicero/MP: Tornabene

Additional capos: Caruso Jr (Chinatown/South), Spano Sr (Cicero), Pete DiFronzo (EP)

1998 - 2001

Top boss: DiFronzo

Boss: Monteleone (died in 2001)

Underboss: Tornabene (possibly acting)

Advisor: Lombardo/LaPietra (Angelo died in 99)

West: Centracchio (died in 2001)

South/Chinatown: Caruso Jr

Additional capos: Spano Sr (Cicero/indicted in 2001), Chiaramonti (Cicero/MP, killed in 2001), Cozzo (Grand), Pete DiFronzo (EP)

2001 - 2002

Top boss: DiFronzo (semi-retired)

Boss: Tornabene (possibly acting)

Underboss: Andriacchi (possibly acting)

Advisor: Lombardo

West: Cozzo

North/West: Pete DiFronzo (semi-retired)

Additional capos: Zizzo (Cicero/MP), Sarno (Cicero), Fratto (EP)

2003 - 2006

Top boss: DiFronzo (possibly retired by 2005)

Boss: Marcello (arrested in 2006)

Underboss: Vacant or possibly Andriacchi

Advisor: Tornabene/Lombardo (in 2005 Lombardo became fugitive and in 2006 was arrested and in custody)

West: Zizzo (reported missing in 2006)

South/Cicero: Sarno

Additional capos: Cozzo (Grand, retired by 2005), Fratto/DiFronzo (EP, Pete DiFronzo is retired by 2005), Caruso Jr (Chinatown), Cataudella (Cicero)

2006 - 2010

Top boss: Vacant

Boss: Sarno (convicted in 2010)

Underboss: Cataudella

Advisor: Tornabene (died in 2009)

South/Cicero: DeLaurentis (released in 2006)

Additional capos: Fratto (EP, imprisoned in 2010), Caruso Jr (Chinatown), Vena (Grand)
Last edited by Villain on Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
SolarSolano
Full Patched

Post by SolarSolano »

I agree with Snakes too that some of the senior guys weren't necessarily direct bosses overseeing territories - I would add that all the money being loaned on the street is not from some joint Outfit investment fund but rather from individual guys - and those guys were DiFronzo, Lombardo, Andriacchi, LaPietra and others who made serious money and had the means to put it out on the street. That's where I think they interjected - on loans between crews, etc. because they had a financial interest in doing so.
Coloboy
Straightened out

Post by Coloboy »

Villain wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:20 am Most of you know that im currently still learning the "new" era or from the 1970s onward, but besides that here are my current thoughts starting from 1989 until 2010....

1989 - 1993

Additional capos: Andriacchi (EP), Centracchio (Grand), J LaPietra (Chinatown, died in 93), Tornabene (MP/Cicero)

1993 - 1994

South/Chinatown: Monteleone (possibly acting underboss and at the same time being the boss of South/Cicero)

Additional capos: Tornabene (MP/Cicero), Spano Sr (Cicero), Caruso Jr (Chinatown)

1995 - 1997

Additional capos: Caruso Jr (Chinatown/South), Spano Sr (Cicero), Pete DiFronzo (EP)

1998 - 2001

Additional capos: Spano Sr (Cicero/indicted in 2001), Chiaramonti (Cicero/MP, killed in 2001), Cozzo (Grand), Pete DiFronzo (EP)

2001 - 2002

2003 - 2006

Advisor: Tornabene/Lombardo (in 2005 Lombardo became fugitive and in 2006 was arrested and in custody)

Additional capos: Cozzo (Grand, retired by 2005), Fratto/DiFronzo (EP, Pete DiFronzo is retired by 2005), Caruso Jr (Chinatown), Cataudella (Cicero)

2006 - 2010

Additional capos: Fratto (EP, imprisoned in 2010), Caruso Jr (Chinatown), Vena (Grand)
Really interesting to see it all put together. I think you are close here.

Also a really good point from Solano that your offical "position" many times wasn't as important as your financial standing. If guys like the Nose, Lombardo, LaPietra had all the money to put out there, that makes them important no matter what title or role they hold.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Coloboy wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:08 pm
Villain wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:20 am Most of you know that im currently still learning the "new" era or from the 1970s onward, but besides that here are my current thoughts starting from 1989 until 2010....

1989 - 1993

1993 - 1994

1995 - 1997

1998 - 2001

2001 - 2002

2003 - 2006

2006 - 2010

Thanks and as i already said, this is not final and to tell you the truth, the 2011 - 2017 era is even more complicated....what info do we have regarding DeLaurentis allegedly succeeding Sarno? If we only have gangstet report as source, then im not buying it.

By the mid 2010s Cataudella is probably retired because of health issues....Vena is the boss of north/west together with Dote in EP, Inendino is South/Cicero together with Caruso Jr in Chinatown who in turn is possibly semi-retired....right now we also have a pic of Inendino and Rocky Lombardo so maybe he is still in the game too???
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Villain wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:42 pm
Coloboy wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:08 pm

1989 - 1993

1993 - 1994

1995 - 1997

1998 - 2001

2001 - 2002

2003 - 2006

2006 - 2010

Thanks and as i already said, this is not final and to tell you the truth, the 2011 - 2017 era is even more complicated....what info do we have regarding DeLaurentis allegedly succeeding Sarno? If we only have gangstet report as source, then im not buying it.

By the mid 2010s Cataudella is probably retired because of health issues....Vena is the boss of north/west together with Dote in EP, Inendino is South/Cicero together with Caruso Jr in Chinatown who in turn is possibly semi-retired....right now we also have a pic of Inendino and Rocky Lombardo so maybe he is still in the game too???
When DiFronzo died, the Chicago media described him as boss. They also said that DeLaurentis is the new boss. Where they got that info I dont know. I have always thought they got it from the Chicago Crime Commission. I have also thought that is where Gangster Report gets their info from.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Its the same old info or non info, for the post Sarno period. I count 10 names that I have read, that I assume came from the Chicago Crime Commision, that at one point were part of the administration. I dont believe any were confirmed by the Feds or indictment. The closest would be Mandell saying Pete DiFronzo was street boss.
Coloboy
Straightened out

Post by Coloboy »

The transition of power (if it really took place) between Sarno to Delaurentis is an interesting one. I was always sort of thought Sarno was ultimately fronting for either Inendino or Solly D, but who knows. It could be that it took Solly a couple years after getting out of prision to re-establish himself and then he took over after Sarno was arrested.

Slightly different topic. Since 1990 we all know the outfit really slowed down with the number of hits. However, if you look at the list from 90-today, it's pretty clear that murders became a very well planned out, highly secretive, and ultimately effective tool. Has there been an outfit murder since 1990 that has been solved? Even up to the more recentish ones.....Jarrett, Chiaramonti, Zizzo, That mexican enforcer associated with Grand Ave Velez I think? All unsolved. Dudes just disappeared.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Coloboy wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:44 am The transition of power (if it really took place) between Sarno to Delaurentis is an interesting one. I was always sort of thought Sarno was ultimately fronting for either Inendino or Solly D, but who knows. It could be that it took Solly a couple years after getting out of prision to re-establish himself and then he took over after Sarno was arrested.

Slightly different topic. Since 1990 we all know the outfit really slowed down with the number of hits. However, if you look at the list from 90-today, it's pretty clear that murders became a very well planned out, highly secretive, and ultimately effective tool. Has there been an outfit murder since 1990 that has been solved? Even up to the more recentish ones.....Jarrett, Chiaramonti, Zizzo, That mexican enforcer associated with Grand Ave Velez I think? All unsolved. Dudes just disappeared.
Its possible that Pete DiFronzo was the boss after Sarno, with John DiFronzo having the top boss or the position described as the man. Not sure, but does anyone know if Sarno is Inendinos son in law?. About the hits you mentioned, all unsolved. I always include the witness in Caruso sons case as Outfit work. It is officially ruled not Outfit related, but come on really. There also has been some more recent murders that could be Outfit connected. Also what about and I think I have his name right, Nick La Coco, who fell off his horse. Was invol ed in I believe an Outfit corruption case.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Frank wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:28 am
Coloboy wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:44 am The transition of power (if it really took place) between Sarno to Delaurentis is an interesting one. I was always sort of thought Sarno was ultimately fronting for either Inendino or Solly D, but who knows. It could be that it took Solly a couple years after getting out of prision to re-establish himself and then he took over after Sarno was arrested.

Its possible that Pete DiFronzo was the boss after Sarno, with John DiFronzo having the top boss or the position described as the man. Not sure, but does anyone know if Sarno is Inendinos son in law?. About the hits you mentioned, all unsolved. I always include the witness in Caruso sons case as Outfit work. It is officially ruled not Outfit related, but come on really. There also has been some more recent murders that could be Outfit connected. Also what about and I think I have his name right, Nick La Coco, who fell off his horse. Was invol ed in I believe an Outfit corruption case.
And don't forget the dearly departed Chuckie Russell. He could've been "selling tickets", but also could've been dead serious when he talked about hitting guys and leaving them in the hood. My personal assumption is that there are a few other Outfit hits that we may never know about, given that Chicago had hundreds of cold case unsolved jurders every year.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”