General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Villain
Filthy Few

Re: General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Post by Villain »

Since I dont want for the whole Los Angeles thread to go off topic, thats why ill also post my same answer regarding the territorial bosses over here so we can continue the same convo in this thread....

Its very simple....Chicago was always divided on four areas, north, west, south and the heights, whether it was on some legit business plan, or some political structure or some illegal structure like the Mob....even the old gangs from the late 19th century used to divide the city in the same way...on top of that, if the boss and underboss have additional four guys beneath them, then they were protected from two main things....one was obviously LE since those four guys are additional protective layer....and second and most important thing was that they protected themselves from any additional less important organizational problems and activities.

For example, if South Side capos such as Caruso, Fischetti or Fusco (yeah I believe Fusco was a capo) had some beef, they didnt take the problem to Accardo but instead they took the problem to their top rep which was Ferarro at the time. Later it was the same situation, if Caruso had problems with some1, he took his problem to Alex who in turn was acting for Ferraro at the time since, the latter one became the underboss. The same situation was going on the west side, meaning if capos such as Alderisio, Cerone, Pranno or Potenza had a beef with some1, they took their problem to Battaglia who was the top rep for the west side blocc at the time.

During their peak, Chicago had between 11 and 13 both Italian capos and non-Italian district bosses and besides Chicago and the US, they also had interests all around the world...central and south America, South Africa, England, Spain, the Middle East, Japan etc....Capone was in Cuba since the early 30s....so the bosses needed help regarding the constant problems within their own organization. Thats it.

This is why i miss my friend Eboli who used to give me similar examples regarding the Genovese family, meaning during certain time periods they also had some type of major capos who were between the bosses and the rest of the organization...again, during certain time periods they even had similar, if not the same, top admin structure as the Outfit... I also remember he saying something that the territorial boss structure was inherited by the mainlanders in Italy from the old Sicilian Mafia...i think...even rayray gave same examples... EBOLI PLS GET YOUR ASS BACK OVER HERE lol
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Heres one interesting convo between Steve Hospodar, a gambler who fell behind his payments, and Louie Marino....

Marino: You will find some fuckin' money.

Hospodar: I'm gonna try.

Marino: You will find some fuckin' money

Hospodar: Like I say, I'm gonna try.

Marino: You motherfucker.

Marino: You will find money.

Hospodar: Well, we'll see what happens. I, I'll make every

Marino: Hey, I ain't seein'

Hospodar: Every effort

Marino: what happens!

Hospodar: I'll make every effort!

Marino: I ain't seein' what happens, you make a date you motherfucker, you cannot fulfill, you can't live with it. You will fuckin' get me money today.

Hospodar: All right.

Marino: I give a fuck where you get it.

Marino: You get me money. Go steal the motherfucker!

Hospodar: I'll have to.

Marino: You, I don't give a fuck! If I was in that spot that's what the fuck I'd be doin'! You just go fuck and do it, Steve, the, the game's over, Steve. I'll tell ya'.

Marino: Right now.

Marino: You'll fuckin' be here tonight. Here what I'm tellin' you, Steve?

Hospodar: Okay.

Marino: You fuckin' be here. What time?

Hospodar: You said between six, six-thirty.

Marino: All right. I wanna make it a right fuckin' time. I don't be

Marino: fuckin' sitting in this joint.
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Villain wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:41 am Heres one interesting convo between Steve Hospodar, a gambler who fell behind his payments, and Louie Marino....

Marino: I ain't seein' what happens, you make a date you motherfucker, you cannot fulfill, you can't live with it. You will fuckin' get me money today.

Marino: You, I don't give a fuck! If I was in that spot that's what the fuck I'd be doin'! You just go fuck and do it, Steve, the, the game's over, Steve. I'll tell ya'.

Nice. Do we know when Marino was made??
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Frank wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:45 am
I remember there used to be speculations that he was never made or maybe im mistaken and it happened during the 80s i dunno....maybe Snakes, Anti or some of the fellas can add something to it
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Villain wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:47 am
I remember there used to be speculations that he was never made or maybe im mistaken and it happened during the 80s i dunno....maybe Snakes, Anti or some of the fellas can add something to it
I figure he was made if he was at the Spilotro killings since everyone else present was. I haven't come across anything specific but if I do I'll be sure to post it.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Snakes wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:12 pm
Villain wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:47 am
I figure he was made if he was at the Spilotro killings since everyone else present was. I haven't come across anything specific but if I do I'll be sure to post it.
Thanks
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Villain wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:41 am Heres one interesting convo between Steve Hospodar, a gambler who fell behind his payments, and Louie Marino....

If he can't get the money, Stevie's gonna be sleeping with the tomatoes lol.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

PolackTony wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:27 pm If he can't get the money, Stevie's gonna be sleeping with the tomatoes lol.
Lol

Btw heres one small piece from a convo between Solly D and Jahoda that was "accidentally" caught by the feds....this was before Solly went to jail...

DELAURENTIS: Don't refer to me as the boss or f---ing you're in charge, you're the chief. Don't tell me that!"

------

I have a tough time finding out on who vouched for Jahoda? Was it Solly D or Infelice himself? Or maybe Marino?
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Heres some interesting Chicago documents...

The first two files are regarding one old time transfer...i dont know much about Frankie LaGalbo aka Galbo so he is open for discussion...

In the following one we can see Philly boss Angelo Bruno discussing the Outfits core and that besides becoming Sicilian again, according to Bruno himself, still bosses like Giancana didnt care if the guys who brought him money were Sicilian at all....

Next, is about one "less known" Outfit member who went by the name of Johnny Campanelli. Even today i still dont know which crew he belonged to and so again, its open for discussion...one files says that Caifano worked under Campanelli which is possible that Campanelli belonged to the Battaglia/Alderisio crew...

The following is about Robert Kennedy...

Regarding boxing champion Sonny Liston...

Joe Fischettis influence over certain entertainers...

List of Chicago guys allegedly involved in the invasion of Dallas during the 40s....

Chicago and Detroit beef...

And the last one is a general view of Giancana, Alex and Ferraro...

cavita
Full Patched

Post by cavita »

I think LaGalbo was one of the Milwaukee dissidents that didn't like Balistrieri being boss and wanted him overthrown. Because LaGalbo had significant contacts in Chicago he was allowed to transfer there. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but this is what I seem to recall.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

cavita wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:06 am I think LaGalbo was one of the Milwaukee dissidents that didn't like Balistrieri being boss and wanted him overthrown. Because LaGalbo had significant contacts in Chicago he was allowed to transfer there. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but this is what I seem to recall.
Thanks bud
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Its interesting to note that most of these guys who transferred their memberships to Chicago, sooner or later ended up under the Chicago Heights regime...LaGalbo was under LaPorte....at first Roselli was the Outfits top rep on the west coast but by 67 he was placed under LaPorte....Fratiannos transfer shouldve been also under LaPorte...even when they brought back Pinelli from LA back in 1952, they placed his crew under the supervision of Emery/LaPorte etc.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Villain wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:52 am Its interesting to note that most of these guys who transferred their memberships to Chicago, sooner or later ended up under the Chicago Heights regime...LaGalbo was under LaPorte....at first Roselli was the Outfits top rep on the west coast but by 67 he was placed under LaPorte....Fratiannos transfer shouldve been also under LaPorte...even when they brought back Pinelli from LA back in 1952, they placed his crew under the supervision of Emery/LaPorte etc.
I didn't know about LaGalbo, but had been wondering about Laporte because of Roselli and Pinelli both being under him. All of this also points of course to his connections to the West coast. I believe there's some FBI docs (I assume from Bompensiero) noting that LaPorte would meet with the LA guys.

With LaGalbo, given Laporte's association with Pinelli, and thus by extension DeGeorge, I'm thinking that possibly DeGeorge/Pinelli vouched for or spoke for LaGalbo. Would be interesting to know more about what contacts DeGeorge had with the Milwaukee family. Did he take sides in the pro/anti Balistrieri dispute?

Event though he himself wasn't Sicilian, it seems like LaPorte was very well plugged into some of the Sicilian networks or currents nationally. I'm thinking he had connections going back to the old Chicago Heights Mafia (whether separate family or decina of the main Chicago family). On top of that, we know that he had ties directly to Sicily via Roberto. LaPorte overall is I think a somewhat understudied and underappreciated figure.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

PolackTony wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:39 am
Villain wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:52 am Its interesting to note that most of these guys who transferred their memberships to Chicago, sooner or later ended up under the Chicago Heights regime...LaGalbo was under LaPorte....at first Roselli was the Outfits top rep on the west coast but by 67 he was placed under LaPorte....Fratiannos transfer shouldve been also under LaPorte...even when they brought back Pinelli from LA back in 1952, they placed his crew under the supervision of Emery/LaPorte etc.
I didn't know about LaGalbo, but had been wondering about Laporte because of Roselli and Pinelli both being under him. All of this also points of course to his connections to the West coast. I believe there's some FBI docs (I assume from Bompensiero) noting that LaPorte would meet with the LA guys.

With LaGalbo, given Laporte's association with Pinelli, and thus by extension DeGeorge, I'm thinking that possibly DeGeorge/Pinelli vouched for or spoke for LaGalbo. Would be interesting to know more about what contacts DeGeorge had with the Milwaukee family. Did he take sides in the pro/anti Balistrieri dispute?

Event though he himself wasn't Sicilian, it seems like LaPorte was very well plugged into some of the Sicilian networks or currents nationally. I'm thinking he had connections going back to the old Chicago Heights Mafia (whether separate family or decina of the main Chicago family). On top of that, we know that he had ties directly to Sicily via Roberto. LaPorte overall is I think a somewhat understudied and underappreciated figure.
Good points and questions.

Well if you ask me, the so-called Roberto/Emery/LaPorte faction wasnt going to stand a chance against the Mafia around the Chicago Heights area if it wasnt for some of the Sicilian clans such as the Costellos, DiGiovannis, Micellis, Zerantis etc.

I believe that from 1957 until 1963, or during Giancanas era, the Outfits prime guy for the west coast was Roselli and it seems that LaPorte replaced him sometime between 1964 and 1967 and became his capo....i still have to do a little more digging regarding this theory
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Some info on Chicago/LA associate Angelo Inciso....