Interesting Tidbit on Indian Gaming and the LaRocca Crime Family

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

JCB1977
Filthy Few

Interesting Tidbit on Indian Gaming and the LaRocca Crime Family

Post by JCB1977 »

First I’ve heard about this South Florida stream of cash flow for Pittsburgh LCN.

https://www.villagevoice.com/2020/07/14 ... -wampum-2/
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
FriendofHenry
Full Patched

Re: Interesting Tidbit on Indian Gaming and the LaRocca Crime Family

Post by FriendofHenry »

JCB1977 wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:32 pm First I’ve heard about this South Florida stream of cash flow for Pittsburgh LCN.

That makes two of us - News to me!
"Never walk in a room unless you know your way out" - Henry Zottola
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

JCB1977 wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:32 pm First I’ve heard about this South Florida stream of cash flow for Pittsburgh LCN.

Great article , not surprising since many of the top brass lived in Florida
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
FriendofFamily
Full Patched

Post by FriendofFamily »

Stroccos wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:21 am

Great article , not surprising since many of the top brass lived in Florida
Just like so many of the Cleveland Guys lived in Florida.
Know which Game to Play
Lou_Para
Straightened out

Post by Lou_Para »

JCB1977, great job on your research. A nice find and an amazing read. I was really surprised at the revenue figures that were mentioned. Almost half a billion from just 4 Seminole bingo/poker joints,and that was over 20 years ago. I was also touched by the "generosity" of the Tribal loan system for members who ran up gambling debts. Only 50% interest.
Two Pilgrims are seated near two Indians at the first Thanksgiving. One Pilgrim whispers to the other, "If we give them whiskey .we can take all their land" The Indians overhear this,and one whispers to the other, "if they give us gambling, we'll get it all back"
FriendofHenry
Full Patched

Post by FriendofHenry »

Two Pilgrims are seated near two Indians at the first Thanksgiving. One Pilgrim whispers to the other, "If we give them whiskey .we can take all their land" The Indians overhear this,and one whispers to the other, "if they give us gambling, we'll get it all back"

Too funny Lou. I never heard this before and we thought that we got the best of them :lol:
"Never walk in a room unless you know your way out" - Henry Zottola
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Lou_Para wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:57 pm JCB1977, great job on your research. A nice find and an amazing read. I was really surprised at the revenue figures that were mentioned. Almost half a billion from just 4 Seminole bingo/poker joints,and that was over 20 years ago. I was also touched by the "generosity" of the Tribal loan system for members who ran up gambling debts. Only 50% interest.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Pittsburgh Press February 9, 1989

Pittsburgh Press January 30, 1992

Pittsburgh Post Gazette May 14, 1993

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Pittsburgh Press February 1, 1992

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP