Current Chicago Players 2020

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

SolarSolano
Full Patched

Re: Current Chicago Players 2020

Post by SolarSolano »

Pete wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:10 pm I might rain on a lot of parades but as I said the point of this was the outfit is mostly associates. Many of the guys put on top of the totem pole are retired. If Solly d was running the outfit he would not be at his office all day everyday being completely legit. One funny thing he has a don corleone wine bottle on his desk and god forbid if you knock it over on accident lol. He’s happy to tell stories about the old days but it seems like that life is behind him. Who knows maybe I’m wrong
I think he's still in the game - Solly D is a hustler's hustler. The guy works hard, but he's been devoted to 'this thing' long before he went to prison. You had Carparelli on tape talking about him in 2012 - if he stepped back totally, I would be surprised - maybe he's not 'the guy' and its Jimmy I's show but I have to assume Solly is the advisor apparent.

Also anyone know if Inendino and Solly had a relationship? Same crew same generation...
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

SolarSolano wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:16 am
Pete wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:10 pm I might rain on a lot of parades but as I said the point of this was the outfit is mostly associates. Many of the guys put on top of the totem pole are retired. If Solly d was running the outfit he would not be at his office all day everyday being completely legit. One funny thing he has a don corleone wine bottle on his desk and god forbid if you knock it over on accident lol. He’s happy to tell stories about the old days but it seems like that life is behind him. Who knows maybe I’m wrong
I think he's still in the game - Solly D is a hustler's hustler. The guy works hard, but he's been devoted to 'this thing' long before he went to prison. You had Carparelli on tape talking about him in 2012 - if he stepped back totally, I would be surprised - maybe he's not 'the guy' and its Jimmy I's show but I have to assume Solly is the advisor apparent.

Also anyone know if Inendino and Solly had a relationship? Same crew same generation...
Inendino was with Ferriola and the Wild Bunch while Solly D got his start with Joe Amato in the suburbs. By the time Solly D was making a name, Inendino was in prison. By the time the latter made it out, Solly D was going in. I don't think they shared the streets until 2008 when Inendino was released. I can't imagine that there wasn't at least some sort of mutual respect between the two by then as both had done significant time and were known as heavy guys. Sometimes it is funny how things like that work out.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

I dont know about Inendino being boss, but I believe hes capo of Cicero. He has been mentioned as Venas underboss.The available info for the Outfit has never really been confirmed by the Feds, that I know of. The thing is name after name has come up in the last 8 years or so, with really no confirmation by the Feds, for various positions.Really at this point we really dont know how many changes there have been since Sarno. and since DiFronzo came down with dementia. Do we know if DiFronzo was replaced in 2014 by an acting boss?, with DiFronzo remaining boss till death. What was or is Solly D, Vena, Andriacchi positions for the 6 to 10 years.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

What about Solly D, Joe Andriacchi and John Matassa, maybe being in Administion in 2014, because they have been formally introduced to members of other Families. There was some info that had Andriacchi and Matassa replacing Marco Diamico temporarily, for about a year. Then Marco got his position back.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Frank wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:56 am What about Solly D, Joe Andriacchi and John Matassa, maybe being in Administion in 2014, because they have been formally introduced to members of other Families. There was some info that had Andriacchi and Matassa replacing Marco Diamico temporarily, for about a year. Then Marco got his position back.
It's certainly plausible.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

SolarSolano wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:16 am

Too much uncertainty and too many questions remain. But I also personally have a hard time buying Solly having completely distanced himself from the Life. I'd wager that he retains a title of boss of some sort. Perhaps since DiFronzo's incapacitation Solly took on the role of the "Man" or senior boss. Or perhaps senior advisor with input routed via Marino as his intermediary. Or perhaps just "Boss emeritus" with little day to day involvement in anything but with a stature commensurate with his history and sacrifices for the Outfit.

Besides, if he were any other type of businessman he'd be in the chamber of commerce.
SolarSolano
Full Patched

Post by SolarSolano »

Solly did literal decades behind bars without giving anything up to help himself - I'm not sure he would do all that just to come out and retire/go legit.

I also wonder where Marco D'Amico was before his death - I know he had been unhealthy for some time, but have to assume he was a key guy and wonder who stepped in to replace him. Marco and Solly would dine regularly 3-4 years ago at Abruzzo's in Melrose and Agostino in the city.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Solly D is 81 now. When rumours came out that he was in the Administration, he was around 74. He got out of prison around 05 06. Thats plenty of time for him to be active and now retired or semi retired. We can all guess. I will have him down as either The Boss, The Man, or An Advisor, till I hear differently. My guess is Vena is the one that is more out front and more likely to have legal problems. My opinion is Vena is either The Boss or Underboss. Marco was rumoured to be Advisor since Tornabene died. I have Andriacchi as possibly being the Top Boss or Advisor.But at his age 87 we dont really know what shape he is in. Rumour is Rudy Fratto replaced Marco as Advisor. Inendino possible Underboss. All this is not official, just my take on things that Ive read.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

IF theres still some top admin, then i bet my money that Cicero kept/keeps the number 1 spot, while Grand/EP comes second in line...that is obviously pure speculation, and as for guys like Solly D or Cataudella, IF they are still contacted regarding certain matters...and thats a big "if"...then they are probably senior advisors of sort

Few days ago i watched one old documentary regarding the commission trial and how the feds managed to bug their targets, and they also said that its not illegal to be a member of the Mafia unless that same individual did something wrong, like being involved in conspiracy. So later some goverment sources from the 90s said that the Mob (on national level) is slowly becoming a semi-legit enterprise that operates in a closed circle and its involved mostly in corruption...and to tell you the truth thats how i see todays Outfit
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Lol we ought to have a bet on whos going to be the last officially confirmed member to live. Lol
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

And yes basically everything at this point is a pure guessing game. Like is there that many leadership positions and is there even a top administration at all. Thats just my view, with a big everthing is subject to change.
SolarSolano
Full Patched

Post by SolarSolano »

Villain wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:39 am IF theres still some top admin, then i bet my money that Cicero kept/keeps the number 1 spot, while Grand/EP comes second in line...that is obviously pure speculation, and as for guys like Solly D or Cataudella, IF they are still contacted regarding certain matters...and thats a big "if"...then they are probably senior advisors of sort

Few days ago i watched one old documentary regarding the commission trial and how the feds managed to bug their targets, and they also said that its not illegal to be a member of the Mafia unless that same individual did something wrong, like being involved in conspiracy. So later some goverment sources from the 90s said that the Mob (on national level) is slowly becoming a semi-legit enterprise that operates in a closed circle and its involved mostly in corruption...and to tell you the truth thats how i see todays Outfit
I agree 100%, but I think the PAnozzo/Koruluk indictments showed the Outfit is still very much on the street. There are likely other guys out there ripping off cartels and stash houses and committing violent burglaries who are kicking up to the Outfit - I just think they are the minority compared with the guys running semi-legit businesses.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

SolarSolano wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:09 pm
Villain wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:39 am IF theres still some top admin, then i bet my money that Cicero kept/keeps the number 1 spot, while Grand/EP comes second in line...that is obviously pure speculation, and as for guys like Solly D or Cataudella, IF they are still contacted regarding certain matters...and thats a big "if"...then they are probably senior advisors of sort

I agree 100%, but I think the PAnozzo/Koruluk indictments showed the Outfit is still very much on the street. There are likely other guys out there ripping off cartels and stash houses and committing violent burglaries who are kicking up to the Outfit - I just think they are the minority compared with the guys running semi-legit businesses.
I have heard rumors his son is still fairly active in the area now that he's out.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

funkster wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:41 pm

I have heard rumors his son is still fairly active in the area now that he's out.
Little Paulie?
electricslim
Straightened out

Post by electricslim »

PolackTony wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:45 pm
funkster wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:41 pm

Little Paulie?
No, Bobby Panozzo Jr.