Fosco's Mafia Report: DiFronzo and Outfit schism

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

PolackTony
Filthy Few

Re: Fosco's Mafia Report: DiFronzo and Outfit schism

Post by PolackTony »

Confederate wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:11 pm
PolackTony wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:50 pm I can personally tell you that I still saw him holding court at the HSAC after his release, so not doing a great job of distancing himself. Maybe he was just there for the cigars.
When Lombardo was released, he was on parole. If he were to be seen "holding court" with other Outfit guys he would have violated his parole & gone back to prison. So, if you saw him "holding Court" after his release, right out in the open, then the Feds would have seen him & he would have been sent back to prison.
Yes, I'm of course aware that if he were still under parole he waa running the risk of violating his parole. And memory is notoriously fungible. But I'm just recounting what I'm certain I saw with my own eyes.

The idea that Lombardo might be seen in public meeting with Outfit guys in the '90's may not be as far fetched as you assume though. One of Hagedorn's informants also claimed that Lombardo was conducting meetings in Bella Notte during this period.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

PolackTony wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:05 pm
PolackTony wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:50 pm I can personally tell you that I still saw him holding court at the HSAC after his release, so not doing a great job of distancing himself. Maybe he was just there for the cigars.
When Lombardo was released, he was on parole. If he were to be seen "holding court" with other Outfit guys he would have violated his parole & gone back to prison. So, if you saw him "holding Court" after his release, right out in the open, then the Feds would have seen him & he would have been sent back to prison.
Yes, I'm of course aware that if he were still under parole he waa running the risk of violating his parole. And memory is notoriously fungible. But I'm just recounting what I'm certain I saw with my own eyes.

The idea that Lombardo might be seen in public meeting with Outfit guys in the '90's may not be as far fetched as you assume though. One of Hagedorn's informants also claimed that Lombardo was conducting meetings in Bella Notte during this period.
Lombardo would go to Bella Noite every Friday and get their fish special. I remember that very well
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Patrickgold wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:20 pm

Lombardo would go to Bella Noite every Friday and get their fish special. I remember that very well
I'm pretty sure that I saw him there as well as my family ate at Bella Notte frequently. Less certain of that then seeing him at the HSAC however.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

In the Marco D'Amico Thread, you said you are in your mid 30's. So, let's say 35. In 1995, you were 10 years old & knew about Lombardo & his eating habits at the Bella Notte Restaurant.
" Everything Woke turns to shit".
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

I have heard that Bella Notte has the Bellavias as part of their ownership, but I dont believe that is correct. I know the "official" owner is the former chef at Rosebud, and I think there was a money laundering case in the 2000s involving Angelo Cassano and Frank Amanti with it. Anyone have a clue?
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Confederate wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:41 pm

In the Marco D'Amico Thread, you said you are in your mid 30's. So, let's say 35. In 1995, you were 10 years old & knew about Lombardo & his eating habits at the Bella Notte Restaurant.
1995 is the year Bella Notte opened up and is still opened up to this day. Lombardo was arrested in 2005 or 2006. I personally know the owners of Bella Notte and have been going there since the late 90s.

You really need to get a life instead of trying to call people out because you can’t add anything to the thread and you you obviously know nothing. I know it must really hurt. But get over the fact that people in this world know stuff that you don’t know.
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

Patrickgold wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:11 pm

1995 is the year Bella Notte opened up and is still opened up to this day. Lombardo was arrested in 2005 or 2006. I personally know the owners of Bella Notte and have been going there since the late 90s.

You really need to get a life instead of trying to call people out because you can’t add anything to the thread and you you obviously know nothing. I know it must really hurt. But get over the fact that people in this world know stuff that you don’t know.
Him and wiseguy like to go around like forum police, they got nothing better to do. Best advice would be to ignore them, they don’t typically add much Info of use to discussions, atleast as of late.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Aguirres, right? Do you know if they have any other partners as rumored?
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

Yes, it hurts me deeply & I am unable to sleep at night. I do know one thing, nobody believes you. Many of your stories, your age or saying you know things the F.B.I. doesn't know because you go (then changed it to went) to school with some kids who had Outfit fathers makes any sense. It sounds invented & ridiculous. Now, compare your posts to a guy like Pete who lives in Chicago & there is a world of difference.
" Everything Woke turns to shit".
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

funkster wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:14 pm

Aguirres, right? Do you know if they have any other partners as rumored?
Yes, the Aguirres family. His sons are running it now. I doubt the Bellavias have a piece. Father was in jail up until a couple of years ago. Chuck the son is an entrepreneur and connected and owns a lot of businesses out in Addison. They are from the Taylor street area. No reason it would have to be secret ownership. If someone does have a piece of it, they never mentioned it to me for obvious reasons.

That being said, the grand Ave crew has used Mexicans before as fronts. Look at la scarola. Everyone knows who is running that place and it’s not Armando
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Confederate wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:22 pm

Yes, it hurts me deeply & I am unable to sleep at night. I do know one thing, nobody believes you. Many of your stories, your age or saying you know things the F.B.I. doesn't know because you go (then changed it to went) to school with some kids who had Outfit fathers makes any sense. It sounds invented & ridiculous. Now, compare your posts to a guy like Pete who lives in Chicago & there is a world of difference.
Wow!! You know someone that lives in Chicago?? That’s great!! But according to your theory living in the place where the action takes place doesn’t give you knowledge.
Anyways, I lived here my entire life. I wish I could take 20 years off my life like you claim. Seriously, you need to get a life. Stop trying not crash threads Bc you have nothing relevant to say. I know it seems mystical that there are people that know or met the people you only read in books and fbi reports. It’s not a big deal. These Outfit guys are not Greek gods.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Moscone65 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:05 pm

Him and wiseguy like to go around like forum police, they got nothing better to do. Best advice would be to ignore them, they don’t typically add much Info of use to discussions, atleast as of late.
I know. They claimed on I was on a forum 10 years ago but also say I’m still in high school. I guess I could have been 6 or 7 years old and talking about the Outfit lol
SolarSolano
Full Patched

Post by SolarSolano »

Bella Notte is owned by Ramon and Francisco Aguierre. Ramon's wife Bertha is the hostess. They both worked at Rosebud - Alex Dana was a previous owner. I believe Cozzo was the one who owned the building the restaurant was housed in, which was later sold to Francisco. Now its in bankruptcy.

Where people get Bellavia coming in is because Ramon had a previous restaurant on Dempster called "Bella Via" in Morton Grove on Dempster. That was owned in part by Suzy Bellavia, Chucky's daughter. I am not sure if its there anymore.

Aguierre runs a building maintenance company that had a lot of contracts with the city at one point. He was also connected to Local 743 and has a number of relatives working there.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

SolarSolano wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:10 am Bella Notte is owned by Ramon and Francisco Aguierre. Ramon's wife Bertha is the hostess. They both worked at Rosebud - Alex Dana was a previous owner. I believe Cozzo was the one who owned the building the restaurant was housed in, which was later sold to Francisco. Now its in bankruptcy.

Where people get Bellavia coming in is because Ramon had a previous restaurant on Dempster called "Bella Via" in Morton Grove on Dempster. That was owned in part by Suzy Bellavia, Chucky's daughter. I am not sure if its there anymore.

Aguierre runs a building maintenance company that had a lot of contracts with the city at one point. He was also connected to Local 743 and has a number of relatives working there.
The food there is great but I’ll be honest, the last couple of times I went there on Saturday before the shut down and it was not very crowded so I’m not surprised they have financial problems. They have also been on the Mancow show a lot to advertise their restaurant. Unfortunately a lot of old school restaurants have been closing down on Taylor street and and 23rd and Oakley recently. There is literally two restaurants left on Taylor street. It’s sad. I heard Tuscany will be next and that will only leave Rosebud.
cavita
Full Patched

Post by cavita »

Patrickgold wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:56 am
SolarSolano wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:10 am Bella Notte is owned by Ramon and Francisco Aguierre. Ramon's wife Bertha is the hostess. They both worked at Rosebud - Alex Dana was a previous owner. I believe Cozzo was the one who owned the building the restaurant was housed in, which was later sold to Francisco. Now its in bankruptcy.

The food there is great but I’ll be honest, the last couple of times I went there on Saturday before the shut down and it was not very crowded so I’m not surprised they have financial problems. They have also been on the Mancow show a lot to advertise their restaurant. Unfortunately a lot of old school restaurants have been closing down on Taylor street and and 23rd and Oakley recently. There is literally two restaurants left on Taylor street. It’s sad. I heard Tuscany will be next and that will only leave Rosebud.
I really enjoyed Tuscany on Taylor Street because when I used to frequent the place in the 90s they had staff that spoke Italian. The other Tuscany location in Wrigleyville during the same time period also had excellent food. Good memories.