GL NEWS 7/29/20

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Pmac2
Full Patched

Re: GL NEWS 7/29/20

Post by Pmac2 »

MGM in Springfield nice place but I love foxwoods n mohegan. The woods and the ocean is 15 miles away misquamicit beach or mystic
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

I bet the 5 families have alot more members in ct then we know. Just transplants that bought a house a hour away from the bronx cause it's way cheaper. It's a nice place there some dumps and little south bronx areas but over all a nice place I just consider it part of my anyway once you go below Hartford
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

Its suburban ny
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:11 pm
johnny_scootch wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:35 pm If Ed Scarpo has correct info on who the street boss is why can't a Gambino soldier have correct info on who the Underboss is?
Because one thing has absolutely zero correlation with the other?
So you’re going to discount or ignore all info coming from made members about the Genovese admin just because of this one comment made by Rooster?

No one knows why Rooster said that maybe the Genovese were purposely keeping the out of state soldiers in the dark maybe the admin was in flux could be a lot of things but when a made member says flat out Ernie Muscarella is the Underboss I don’t see how you can wave it off so easily.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

johnny_scootch wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:16 am So you’re going to discount or ignore all info coming from made members about the Genovese admin just because of this one comment made by Rooster?
No. But I’ll take his word on his Admin over another family soldiers word on his Admin.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

Think barney keeps it rotating keep everyone guessing. Also makes a regular capo more leadership ability. They had them 3 man panels for like the last 25yrs. Guy has a stroke he goes to the bench bring up a young guy, demote him in 6months bring back the old guy from the nursing home. Seems like it works for them. Rooster also called the springfield guy a crew of rats because of all the shit that happend when at 1 type it was a force in that family. Like they say a well oiled machine they fucked it all up when they killed bruno
Uncle Pete
Straightened out

Post by Uncle Pete »

Wasn’t Rooster also running their “little Italy” crew as well?
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:26 am
johnny_scootch wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:16 am So you’re going to discount or ignore all info coming from made members about the Genovese admin just because of this one comment made by Rooster?
No. But I’ll take his word on his Admin over another family soldiers word on his Admin.
Yes I'm with you and if Rooster gave conflicting info from the Gambino soldier obviously I'd go with the info from the Genovese captain but that's not the case here.
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

Also, surely the feds wouldve said that Muscarella wasnt the underboss, no? Fiore just calls him 'Ernie' the feds threw the full name in.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Muscarella May well be the UB. It’s even likely. It’s just inconsistent that a soldier in their family wasn’t told his Admin yet a soldier in another family knows. Roosters phrasing indicates a policy as well, not his ignorance based on geography.
So on a need to know basis a solider in the family ranks higher than a soldier outside, therefor it’s a ‘who to believe’ scenario. And considering it’s the Westside with their secrecy and policy of disinformation, I’m sceptical on the reliability of Fiore’s call.
pharion
Straightened out

Post by pharion »

Ragusa is also a nephew of former East Harlem-based Lucchesse capo Big Sam Cavalieri.
UTC
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by UTC »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:29 pm Street/Acting Boss in the Westside basically = Messengaro.
He's not making any decisions, just a gofer for Barney.
or so they have you believing
UTC
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by UTC »

CTamg65 wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:16 pm
Philly d wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:07 pm
TommyGambino wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:41 pm
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:27 pm
JohnnyS wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:31 amIt came from a Gambino soldier it obviously holds merit
Does it?
Rooster was caught on a wire stating he only knew who the admin were when he was upped.
In, his own, family.
Yet run of the mill 'bino buttons know and Rooster doesnt? Additionally its a historical ploy routinely used by the Westside to deliberately lie to other families eg Salerno.
I give it little weight.

Being said it wouldnt surprisse as Ernie has sat on panels and is from 116th before so its a believable name. More-so than Ragusa as AB!
JohnnyS wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:31 amI say this all the time especially with West side. Don't read too much into titles. The only constant information we've got is Barney is boss everything else is put in the air with this family imo. They're cagey as fuck.
Yup.
Was Rooster always a Springfield guy, maybe that's why he was out of the loop,, whos to say the Gambinos from the bronx can't be closer to to a genovese member from that same area who they do business with
Was thinking the same thing.
If I remember correctly Rooster started of a Gambino guy as an associate,and ended up having a problem with another CT. Guy Nick Melia I think it was pretty serious too,I wish I had the article in front of me ,and then eventually got straightened out with the Westside sometime after. But I'm almost positive he's not a strictly Springfield guy ,he seems to be all over the place to be honest. From Mass. to NY. The drive up from East Haven\New Haven to Springfield isn't bad at all if it's not daily depending how you drive ,it can be done within a hour.
"Throughout the 1990s, O’Nofrio ran his rackets out of Café Roma in Port Chester, New York, a city resting on the Connecticut border, just east of Greenwich. At that time, he was a part of the Gambino regime and worked under capo Louis (Louie Bracciole) Ricco. His mob portfolio included bookmaking, loans sharking and drug operations and he paid both Ricco and the Gambino’s then-Connecticut territory chief Anthony (Tony the Genius) Megale a tribute.

In the early part of 1997, per sources and FBI records, O’Nofrio got into a heated altercation at Café Roma with Megale’s second-in-command, native Sicilian Nicola (Nick the Greaseball) Melia over a demand by Melia that O’Nofrio raise his tribute amount. According to people present at Café Roma that day, the pair had to be separated and Melia threw an ashtray at O’Nofrio in disgust when O’Nofrio balked at the order to increase tribute payments.

According to sources in the New York underworld, Melia told Gambino administrators that O’Nofrio, a known “hitter” and prospective mob initiate, shouldn’t get made into the Gambino clan. Shortly thereafter, Ricco and Megale arranged for O’Nofrio to be transferred to the Genovese crime family and placed in the crew of Matthew (Matty the Horse) Ianneillo, who sponsored him for induction at his making ceremony in March 2003, along with a half-dozen other mobsters, per federal documents."
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Great info UTC. Very interesting.
Any more info on Melia? Still around?
CTamg65
Straightened out

Post by CTamg65 »

I believe he's still alive he has a son that used to be with him a lot ,and that is well known in the area .