40 years since John Favara disappeared

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

JMAN723
Straightened out

40 years since John Favara disappeared

Post by JMAN723 »

This incident has always disturbed me along with the Dominick Ragucci incident since it was two people with no involvement in organized crime that all of sudden got caught in the crossfire with no escape. I remember reading an article about 10 years ago with Favara’s son, Scott who explained that they had no grave to Visit of Father’s Day and how good of a man he was despite the badmouthing from the Gotti Family. Also Favara’s wife Janet suffered sort of a mental breakdown after his disappearance before passing away in 2001. Also it shows how powerful the mob was back then. They could beat/shoot/abduct somebody in broad daylight by a diner in front of witnesses and get away with it. Even the diner owner sold his place after three presumed members of the Bergin crew came in and intimidated him
Rocco
Full Patched

Re: 40 years since John Favara disappeared

Post by Rocco »

I saw him working at a Chik Fila in Tamp Fl last yr. He is fine...
Ozgoz
Straightened out

Post by Ozgoz »

I think Gravano (maybe DiLeonardo, but I think Gravano) said that he was warned and told to get out of town.

If he was warned and he didn't run, then you're asking to be killed. If I were him I would've stayed in the car and driven to the other side of the country, so not much sympathy for him.

Terrible for the family, both families, horrible tragedy.

As for John Gotti's moral compass - what do you expect.
WHHAAT MUUUYDAAAAH???????
NYNighthawk
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by NYNighthawk »

This case is an example of why the mafia/mob should never be glorified. A bunch of punk scumbags, - Willie Boy johnson - Anthony Rampino and another abducted him. An accident was an accident. Favara was not drunk and I'm sure he carried a lot of guilt.
You have assholes on here feeling bad for the scumbag Frankie Locs Locascio. He drove dead bodies in his car for disposals. He never felt for the families of these victims who also never had a grave to visit.
Rocco- your humor sucks. Do you have kids? Where do they live or work if they are not in your house. Just curious to see how you'll react if they go missing. I'll tell you which McDonalds I saw him or her working in Baltimore, Maryland. fair enough?
axx
Straightened out

Post by axx »

Ozgoz wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:03 am If he was warned and he didn't run, then you're asking to be killed. If I were him I would've stayed in the car and driven to the other side of the country, so not much sympathy for him.
Gravano does talk about it, he did want to move but was probably not fully aware of what sort of people he was dealing with.
JMAN723
Straightened out

Post by JMAN723 »

Ozgoz wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:03 am I think Gravano (maybe DiLeonardo, but I think Gravano) said that he was warned and told to get out of town.

If he was warned and he didn't run, then you're asking to be killed. If I were him I would've stayed in the car and driven to the other side of the country, so not much sympathy for him.

He did put his house up for sale and was nearly out of town so your post doesn’t really make sense. He had a family. You can’t just get up and run like that. You see it in the movies but this is real life. He had kids, a job, and needed to find a new place to live...it takes a little time So you don’t have sympathy for him just because he didn’t drop everything and run?
JMAN723
Straightened out

Post by JMAN723 »

Richard “Red Bird” Gomes was one of the guys who was involved. Gotti has a strong relationship with the RI mobsters. Also Wilkie Boy and Angelo was surely involved
JMAN723
Straightened out

Post by JMAN723 »

NYNighthawk wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:18 am This case is an example of why the mafia/mob should never be glorified. A bunch of punk scumbags, - Willie Boy johnson - Anthony Rampino and another abducted him. An accident was an accident. Favara was not drunk and I'm sure he carried a lot of guilt.
You have assholes on here feeling bad for the scumbag Frankie Locs Locascio. He drove dead bodies in his car for disposals. He never felt for the families of these victims who also never had a grave to visit.
Rocco- your humor sucks. Do you have kids? Where do they live or work if they are not in your house. Just curious to see how you'll react if they go missing. I'll tell you which McDonalds I saw him or her working in Baltimore, Maryland. fair enough?

Agreed. Well Said 👏
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Really it was the Gotti family who was most at fault for the accident. Who lets a 12 year old ride a motorcycle through the streets of NY? He shouldn't have been on it to begin with but on top of it he was unsupervised and not wearing a helmet.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:04 pm Really it was the Gotti family who was most at fault for the accident. Who lets a 12 year old ride a motorcycle through the streets of NY? He shouldn't have been on it to begin with but on top of it he was unsupervised and not wearing a helmet.

Pogo
Agreed.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
Ozgoz
Straightened out

Post by Ozgoz »

JMAN723 wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:21 am
Ozgoz wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:03 am I think Gravano (maybe DiLeonardo, but I think Gravano) said that he was warned and told to get out of town.

He did put his house up for sale and was nearly out of town so your post doesn’t really make sense. He had a family. You can’t just get up and run like that. You see it in the movies but this is real life. He had kids, a job, and needed to find a new place to live...it takes a little time So you don’t have sympathy for him just because he didn’t drop everything and run?
That’s my view yes. And it’s proved correct because he’s dead.
WHHAAT MUUUYDAAAAH???????
JMAN723
Straightened out

Post by JMAN723 »

Ozgoz wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:58 pm
JMAN723 wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:21 am

That’s my view yes. And it’s proved correct because he’s dead.

Well it’s not as cut and dry as that. But anyway thank You for the dark weird take 😂
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Lol at not feeling sympathy for Favra. So if someone shows up at your house, asks for all of your money, you resist and they kill you, I shouldn't feel sorry for you? That's one of the dumbest answers I've ever read on this board and that is saying a lot.
JMAN723
Straightened out

Post by JMAN723 »

Snakes wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:31 pm Lol, at not feeling sympathy for Favra. So if someone shows up at your house, asks for all of your money, you resist and they kill you, I should feel sorry for you? That's one of the dumbest answers I've ever read on this board and that is saying a lot.

Yeah I don’t get it. Not sure if he was just Trying to be funny
Boston+matt14
Honorary Member

Post by Boston+matt14 »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:04 pm Really it was the Gotti family who was most at fault for the accident. Who lets a 12 year old ride a motorcycle through the streets of NY? He shouldn't have been on it to begin with but on top of it he was unsupervised and not wearing a helmet.

Pogo
To be fair, the Gotti family didn't get him the motorcyle. He borrowed it from Kevin McMahon, the street urchin that John Carneglia adopted, while he was out playing one day. Gotti Sr. never liked seeing McMahon around from that point forward, as you might imagine.
"Where's our Al Sharpton?" -Anthony Borgesi