Heroin using made men

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

chubby
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Heroin using made men

Post by chubby »

Amershire_Ed wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:49 am How is weed use viewed by wiseguys in 2020? Like if a captain saw a soldier and a couple associates sharing a joint at a backyard BBQ—would that merit some type of admonishment? Or is Cosa Nostra kinda like the rest of America where it’s just not seen as a big deal anymore?
Honestly I think lcn views it just like most of America.. and I’m sure probably 75 percent of the made guys 50 and below smoke weed, who doesn’t??? (I don’t, but almost everyone I know does, including my dad)..
Anthony Rotondo (decav skipper) admitted to smoking weed daily when he flipped in 2002..

I’m sure when larca had that big ass multi family weed ring, from the west side to the Bronx Luke’s, to the basciano brothers.... I’m sure most of them were smoking good for free as long as selling weight...
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

Amershire_Ed wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:49 am How is weed use viewed by wiseguys in 2020? Like if a captain saw a soldier and a couple associates sharing a joint at a backyard BBQ—would that merit some type of admonishment? Or is Cosa Nostra kinda like the rest of America where it’s just not seen as a big deal anymore?

You cant lump 100's of guys together and say they all feel the same way about drugs or anything for that matter. There are guys like Nick Corozzo who absolutely abhor drug usage of any kind and wont have it anywhere near him and other side of the coin is there are made guys who shoot junk. Just like society in general in the mob you'll find guys who are cool with it and some who aren't.

I went to a wake in 05-06 for a guy everyone called the Cricket at Guarino funeral home in Canarsie. There was a guy who was a high level associate of a guy named Brother who was with Nicky. This guy decided it was a good idea to smoke a joint in his car before he came inside and like the high bastard he was he didn't realize he fucking stunk. He makes what turns out to be a terrible move and heads right to Nicky who is sitting with Brother and Vinny Dragonetti to say hello. Well Nickys face turns red cause he views this as a direct insult to himself and he takes the guy into the bathroom and rips into him bad he embarrassed the shit out of this guy who basically wimpered away. Nicky simply would not tolerate that shit whereas there are plenty of other wiseguys who wouldn't have batted an eye.
Extortion
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Extortion »

Villain wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:32 am Rocco DeGrazia old time capo for the Outfit
Explain..
“In Italian, La Cosa Nostra is also known as ‘our headache.’” -Jerry Anguilo
Mason_dixon
Straightened out

Post by Mason_dixon »

Wonder where the philly family is at with drug usage with it basically being the biggest open air market and heroin capitol of the US I think Merlinos wife likes blow I’d say he might too. But I’d say most guys who are made can prove get whatever they want from docs
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

chubby wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:58 pm
Honestly I think lcn views it just like most of America.. and I’m sure probably 75 percent of the made guys 50 and below smoke weed, who doesn’t??? (I don’t, but almost everyone I know does, including my dad)..
Anthony Rotondo (decav skipper) admitted to smoking weed daily when he flipped in 2002..

I’m sure when larca had that big ass multi family weed ring, from the west side to the Bronx Luke’s, to the basciano brothers.... I’m sure most of them were smoking good for free as long as selling weight...
I imagine the old timers aren’t big on it, but many Colombo turncoats admitted to smoking pot. Off the top of my head you’ve got Dino Calabro, Anthony Russo, Francis Guerra, etc.
Teddy Persico Jr. allegedly smokes weed as well, or at least he did. And he’s the heir apparent, or so they say.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Extortion wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:37 pm
Villain wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:32 am Rocco DeGrazia old time capo for the Outfit
Explain..
Heavy opium user...his brother Andrew was also a user and a member of the Outfit....Rocco was capo for the MP crew from the early 30s possibly until the early 50s or until his crew was absorbed by Battaglia
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

WILLIAM ANGELSECO out of Boston was A heroin junkie
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
Jimmy Napoli
Straightened out

Post by Jimmy Napoli »

Every Philly guy,look like big user of whatevea is there.
chubby
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by chubby »

johnny_scootch wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:21 pm

You cant lump 100's of guys together and say they all feel the same way about drugs or anything for that matter. There are guys like Nick Corozzo who absolutely abhor drug usage of any kind and wont have it anywhere near him and other side of the coin is there are made guys who shoot junk. Just like society in general in the mob you'll find guys who are cool with it and some who aren't.

I went to a wake in 05-06 for a guy everyone called the Cricket at Guarino funeral home in Canarsie. There was a guy who was a high level associate of a guy named Brother who was with Nicky. This guy decided it was a good idea to smoke a joint in his car before he came inside and like the high bastard he was he didn't realize he fucking stunk. He makes what turns out to be a terrible move and heads right to Nicky who is sitting with Brother and Vinny Dragonetti to say hello. Well Nickys face turns red cause he views this as a direct insult to himself and he takes the guy into the bathroom and rips into him bad he embarrassed the shit out of this guy who basically wimpered away. Nicky simply would not tolerate that shit whereas there are plenty of other wiseguys who wouldn't have batted an eye.
I heard the same about lil Nicky... heard that him and Barney are like the 2 most strict guys out there when it comes to guys fucking around and partying... Nicky ran a tight ship in Canarsie.. it’s too bad that kid flipped over that coke deal, no wonder Nicky hates drugs haha.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

gohnjotti wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:09 pm
chubby wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:58 pm

I imagine the old timers aren’t big on it, but many Colombo turncoats admitted to smoking pot. Off the top of my head you’ve got Dino Calabro, Anthony Russo, Francis Guerra, etc.
Teddy Persico Jr. allegedly smokes weed as well, or at least he did. And he’s the heir apparent, or so they say.
As well as Gallo crew was big pot smokers...
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

But i honestly see there being three classes of drug users....

Heroin (or downers/opiates) - who get PHYSICALLY addicted meaning they cannot stop even when they want to... huge prob concerning made man id think compared to the other 2 classes...

Coke (which is SEPERATE from a crack user who sells there souls) users who at periods it was absoultly fine to do coke at discos etc

Then theres pot heads... who could actuslly be almost looked at as bad bc hippies and gangbangers smoke weed and bla bla. Not really a mafioso drug....

Remmember in sopranos furio partied w chris a few times even.

As for VINNY asaro... r we sure he was the one who was a heroin adict?? Thought it was jerry???

Btw.... NYC subcultures are BASED outta heroin chic.... but thats NYC....
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
chubby
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by chubby »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:44 pm But i honestly see there being three classes of drug users....

Heroin (or downers/opiates) - who get PHYSICALLY addicted meaning they cannot stop even when they want to... huge prob concerning made man id think compared to the other 2 classes...

Coke (which is SEPERATE from a crack user who sells there souls) users who at periods it was absoultly fine to do coke at discos etc

Then theres pot heads... who could actuslly be almost looked at as bad bc hippies and gangbangers smoke weed and bla bla. Not really a mafioso drug....

As for VINNY asaro... r we sure he was the one who was a heroin adict?? Thought it was jerry???

Crazy the stories out there about Billy Angelesco when it comes to drugs, yet he’s still held in high regard by the old timers.. I give him serious props though to man up and not rat, especially while he’s dopesick and the feds are probably offering him all sorts of deals while he’s fully kicking hahaha . I heard even in prison he was out of control ... heard on commissary day he would have his minions carry Angelescos like 20 bags of commissary to the blacks to trade it for heroin and crack... no joke heard he was in prison smoking crack out of a fucking chicken bone as a pipe...
Bklyn21
Full Patched

Post by Bklyn21 »

johnny_scootch wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:21 pm

Is thst Brother from OZP ?
Camo
Straightened out

Post by Camo »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:44 pm But i honestly see there being three classes of drug users....

Did Furio party with Chris? I remember another dude in Naples took heroin with Chris but i don't remember Furio doing so. Probably just not remembering it as i haven't seen the show in a few years.
CTamg65
Straightened out

Post by CTamg65 »

Chris ,Adriana,and Furio before Tonys moms wake of I remember right