John riggi dead

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Hailbritain
Full Patched

Re: John riggi dead

Post by Hailbritain »

Detroit r still a viably structured family though , u need more than the 10 your stating for that . Cleveland still have around 10 made guys and they r finished . I believe wot Scott burnstein says about Detroit over anyone else , no disrespect.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Hailbritain wrote:Detroit r still a viably structured family though , u need more than the 10 your stating for that . Cleveland still have around 10 made guys and they r finished . I believe wot Scott burnstein says about Detroit over anyone else , no disrespect.
Cleveland doesn't appear to have even 5 made guys at this point. And Scott's Detroit charts have continually changed over the years, showing anywhere from 30 to nearly 60 members.
All roads lead to New York.
AustraliaSteve
Straightened out

Post by AustraliaSteve »

Rocco wrote:
MickeyMeatballs wrote:Awesome links Antiliar, especially the first one. Much appreciated. Was unaware that Nigro had been identified as consigliere, I still have The Truck Driver down. This guy Mann trying to fuck over Tino Fiamura, calling him a dumb fuck is a gross understatement.

I've been out of the loop for a while, so there may be something I'm missing. By my last inquiries, Majuri was a captain, and Guarraci acting as boss for the imprisoned Riggi. I understand that the Majuri's go way back in the DeCavalcante Family, does this suggest that Charles is a viable candidate, as Rocco postulated? I've searched the Federal, NJ and NY Inmate Locator's, and I cant see Guarraci anywhere. Unless there's an obscure obituary I'm missing? Though 65 is pretty young as far as wiseguys go. Why wouldn't Guarraci be next in line?
The article on the Mann murder says Ray Tango was released in 2005..this is incorrect. Ray Tango is still in State prison doing life for this murder. Also it's my opinion that Majuri will make a play for Boss. He is close to the Genovese and Luchese crews in NJ and will look for their support. But who really knows. Majuri is getting up there in age.

Fair enough. Thanks Rocco.
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

Wiseguy wrote:
Hailbritain wrote:Detroit r still a viably structured family though , u need more than the 10 your stating for that . Cleveland still have around 10 made guys and they r finished . I believe wot Scott burnstein says about Detroit over anyone else , no disrespect.
Cleveland doesn't appear to have even 5 made guys at this point. And Scott's Detroit charts have continually changed over the years, showing anywhere from 30 to nearly 60 members.
Yeah I thiught Cleveland had only like 3 made guys left with 2 being retired. Carmine agnello is probably way more active in Cleveland than any of those guys are. Heard there gonna make him the boss
I agree with phat,I love those old fucks and he's right.we all got some cosa nostra in us.I personnely love the life.I think we on the forum would be the ultimate crew! - camerono
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

bobbybats wrote:No shit, I did not think of them as that large. Hell that makes them bigger than Chicago. Has there been a lot of attrition since 2004.

By my count at least 24 made members have died since 1998 (cunting Riggi) plus 3 others have flipped. However it was reported that from 2000/1-2006 they made 12 new members. it was also reported that they recently (around 2014) held another making ceremony were at least 1 new member was made (probably more). There

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
scagghiuni
Full Patched

Post by scagghiuni »

[quote="bobbybats"No shit, I did not think of them as that large. Hell that makes them bigger than Chicago. Has there been a lot of attrition since 2004.[/quote]

the decavalcantes are in new jersey where 25% of population is italian they probably have a bigger recruitment pool than chicago
bobbybats
Straightened out

Post by bobbybats »

Pogo The Clown wrote:
bobbybats wrote:No shit, I did not think of them as that large. Hell that makes them bigger than Chicago. Has there been a lot of attrition since 2004.

By my count at least 24 made members have died since 1998 (cunting Riggi) plus 3 others have flipped. However it was reported that from 2000/1-2006 they made 12 new members. it was also reported that they recently (around 2014) held another making ceremony were at least 1 new member was made (probably more). There

Pogo
Well you know I don't really follow any family other than KC and their history. All this time I thought the DeCavs were small like 10 or 15 made guys plus Admin. Just wasn't really aware that they were much larger than I thought.
In 14 years the bitch will be a real money earner, yes sir........
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

bobbybats wrote:
Pogo The Clown wrote:

Pogo
Well you know I don't really follow any family other than KC and their history. All this time I thought the DeCavs were small like 10 or 15 made guys plus Admin. Just wasn't really aware that they were much larger than I thought.
The latest estimates for the DeCavalcantes are 40-50 total members. I've read their max was 60 members years ago. That makes them comparable in membership to New England or Philadelphia but they have a smaller number of associates.
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Let's NOT debate family size and spit out "theories"
On who's active and who's not. John Riggi is dead, it is truly the end of an era in North Jetsey. The guy was in the chair for a long time and did his prison time like a man. Old school.
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

Wiseguy wrote:
bobbybats wrote:
Pogo The Clown wrote:

Pogo
The latest estimates for the DeCavalcantes are 40-50 total members. I've read their max was 60 members years ago. That makes them comparable in membership to New England or Philadelphia but they have a smaller number of associates.
Fact: we have no idea if its 40-59 members or 50-70members today. All the released info is very very old on this family. There is nothing but speculation at this point.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

The info is pretty recent and gives the best barometer (along with the recent indctments) of the size and scope of the family.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

The DeCavs have always been a small, close-knit family, so their size isn't really an indication of their influence or power.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Pogo The Clown wrote:The info is pretty recent and gives the best barometer (along with the recent indctments) of the size and scope of the family.

Pogo
Yeah, the 40-50 estimate is both the 2004 New Jersey OC report and Capeci in 2005.
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

Wiseguy wrote:
Pogo The Clown wrote:The info is pretty recent and gives the best barometer (along with the recent indctments) of the size and scope of the family.

Pogo
Yeah, the 40-50 estimate is both the 2004 New Jersey OC report and Capeci in 2005.
that's 11 and 10yrs old ! lol
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

My info which is not official and from a street source says 7 crews with 7 captains and 70-80 members. Majuri is boss and he has his 2 most trusted NYC crew members as acting underboss and acting consigliere since the Nigro bust. This same source had Nigro as Underboss and did not have Stango as a captain prior to them being labeled as such by the fbi, he insists they are mis-identified in the indictment. He says Nigro has since been knocked down to soldier and will more then likely be shelved if he beats this case. Make of it what you will.