Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

BobbyBacala
On Record

Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by BobbyBacala »

CabriniGreen wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:41 pm Also, it was really fascinating to see Cece Luppinos name come up in a wiretapped convo between Siderno group mobsters in Italy.

This whole thing has SO many layers and angles...
Do you have a link to that?
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Antimafia posted it in the Modern Sicilian Bonnano ties thread....
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

BobbyBacala wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:13 pm
CabriniGreen wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:41 pm Also, it was really fascinating to see Cece Luppinos name come up in a wiretapped convo between Siderno group mobsters in Italy.

From article written by Rocco Muscari that was published August 12, 2019 in the Gazzetta del Sud in various print editions that day (I've typed what you see below, which is para. 2; italics are as found in the article):

Dentro le carte dell'operazione "Canadian 'ndrangheta connection"
«Toronto? Ormai è peggio di Siderno»
Le slot nei bar scatenarono la guerra

Nel corso della conversazione intercettata dagli investigatori della Polizia, confluita in un'informativa del luglio scorso, alcuni soggetti monitorati affrontavano questioni legate agli equilibri di 'ndrangheta, anche con riferimento a recenti, gravi sussulti registrati in Canada. Dapprima, infatti, si porgevano le condoglianze dei Muià all'amico Macrì per la morte di suo nipote Luppino, ucciso il 30 gennaio 2019, ad Hamilton in Ontario: «Condoglianze per... ma tuo nipote è? Minchia io ti giuro non sono andato da...[segue nome incomprensibile] a trovarlo perché; me l'ha detto mio padre, io non me ne ero reso conto... Povero... il figlio... questo era sposato con la figlia di Gisella? E io non lo sapevo...». Quindi, si parlava con preoccupazione per la sanguinosa deriva che stava affliggendo i "gruppi criminali" canadesi: «Ma che c..zo sta successo... Sono andati dentro ad ucriderlo?».
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

*ucciderlo?».
scagghiuni
Full Patched

Post by scagghiuni »

johnny_scootch wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:36 pm
BobbyBacala wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:27 pm
antimafia wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:24 pm
BobbyBacala wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:13 pm I find it very weird pat couldn't be made into the ndrangheta that is probably bs
As weird as Domenico Violi not becoming a made member till January 2015 allegedly?
Into la cosa nostra or the ndrangheta?
Cosa Nostra via the Todaro family.

I'd like to hear one plausible reason why the Musitano's couldn't be initiated into the Ndrangheta, just one.
probably why in that territory cosa nostra is more rooted, the same reason sicilians can't form families in the united states because of the local cosa nostra, anyway calabrians in italy were accused to make people outside their territories so they sometimes do it breaking the rules
SantoClaus
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by SantoClaus »

CabriniGreen wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:28 pm Question here...

Why would Buffalo sanction Papalias murder? Actually forget that... I got better questions..

Why would Buffalo authorize the Musitanos to take over a lucrative gambling territory, under thier long time lieutenant, let them kill the lieutenant, then allow them, to kick up to the Rizzutos, therefore ceding the territory?

Why did the Violi- Luppinos go for it? Why did Buffalo go for it? Shouldn't they have been seething that the Rizzutos again stepped on their toes? Just like during Maggadinos time? Hamilton rackets should have went to them it seems to me.
The underworld in 1997, is very different from today. The Hells and Rizzuto had a blossoming relationship in Montreal, with Mom Boucher and the Nomad Charter. The biker war between HA and Rock Machine was in full swing, and those guys were making so much coke money.

In Hamilton where Papalia is from, was an Outlaw city, rivals of the HA. The only two HA in Ontario? may have been more, but only two were able to live in Hamilton, Stadnik and Stockford, both part of the Nomads with Boucher.

Papalia also seemed to despise the Hells Angels, and seemed to have a life of influence over the bikers.

Killing Papalia would get him out of the way for the Angels to come to Ontario, which they did 4 or 5 years after his death. I believe the thoughts were the bikers would be intimidated like they were of Papalia and respectful like Boucher and co. in Montreal with the Rizzutos.

Lastly, it seems Papalia was looking to wind down his business, and solely focus on his gambling book, which I would assume would be massive, considering how he family was in Ontario, even before CN in NYC in 1931. That being said his seniority must of entitled him to a massive cut of profits.

Get rid of him, hire someone younger and pay them less, it’s common practice in legitimate business. If both Montreal, Buffalo and NYC could of predicted the future, I don’t think they would of killed Papalia or at least killed Ken Murdock prior to rattling out the Musitanos, because the mob had lost so much ground to the biker/cops and their allies, since.
“To know and not to do, is not to know”
SantoClaus
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by SantoClaus »

Also, I don’t think the schism between NYC and Rizzuto had occurred yet, so killing Papalia minus all of that would of obviously made sense.

Especially when it always comes down to money, power, respect and the life that comes with it.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

antimafia wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:52 am
BobbyBacala wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:13 pm

From article written by Rocco Muscari that was published August 12, 2019 in the Gazzetta del Sud in various print editions that day (I've typed what you see below, which is para. 2; italics are as found in the article):

Dentro le carte dell'operazione "Canadian 'ndrangheta connection"
«Toronto? Ormai è peggio di Siderno»
Le slot nei bar scatenarono la guerra

Nel corso della conversazione intercettata dagli investigatori della Polizia, confluita in un'informativa del luglio scorso, alcuni soggetti monitorati affrontavano questioni legate agli equilibri di 'ndrangheta, anche con riferimento a recenti, gravi sussulti registrati in Canada. Dapprima, infatti, si porgevano le condoglianze dei Muià all'amico Macrì per la morte di suo nipote Luppino, ucciso il 30 gennaio 2019, ad Hamilton in Ontario: «Condoglianze per... ma tuo nipote è? Minchia io ti giuro non sono andato da...[segue nome incomprensibile] a trovarlo perché; me l'ha detto mio padre, io non me ne ero reso conto... Povero... il figlio... questo era sposato con la figlia di Gisella? E io non lo sapevo...». Quindi, si parlava con preoccupazione per la sanguinosa deriva che stava affliggendo i "gruppi criminali" canadesi: «Ma che c..zo sta successo... Sono andati dentro ad ucriderlo?».
Aaah, print only huh? That sucks....
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Sorry, just did this as a trial, didnt know I could translate text inside a post.....

Inside the cards of the operation "Canadian 'ndrangheta connection"
«Toronto? It is now worse than Siderno »
The slots in the bars sparked the war

During the conversation intercepted by police investigators, which flowed into a report last July, some monitored subjects addressed issues related to the balance of 'ndrangheta, also with reference to recent, serious jolts recorded in Canada. At first, in fact, the condolences of the Muià were offered to his friend Macrì for the death of his nephew Luppino, killed on January 30, 2019, in Hamilton in Ontario: «Condolences for ... but is your nephew? Shit I swear I didn't go to ... [follows incomprehensible name] to find it because; my father told me, I didn't realize it ... Poor ... the son ... was this married to Gisella's daughter? And I didn't know ... ". So, there was talk with concern about the bloody drift that was afflicting the Canadian "criminal groups": "What the hell is going on ... Did they go inside to kill him?" .
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Anymore to the article@ antimafia?

I dont know anything about the biker politics, so that angle is interesting...

What's this about Papalia ripping off Rizzuto? It sounds familiar....
SantoClaus
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by SantoClaus »

CabriniGreen wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:01 am I dont know anything about the biker politics, so that angle is interesting...

The bikers were just bikers, prior to Montreal. Mom getting around Vito, guys in the Nomad Charter like Norman Robatialle we’re constantly meeting with Nicolo Jr. That’s where the real relationship was built, the bikers learned business from associating with the mob.

Stadnik was traveling Canada patching everyone into Hells Angels except for Ontario, reasoning being Papalia and an alliance of bikers against having HA in Ontario, I think they referred to it as the wall put up around Ontario. Satan’s Choice dominated from Oakville and North, while Outlaws South of Oakville.

Stadnik would fly into the city like the Don, expensive suits, expected everything from women and food to be provide. Then, he would split the city into to teams, and have them fight to become Hells Angels.

Kinda what happened to Musitano vs Luppino but they ain’t bikers. Also look how the HA in Canada, come off as business, they are just trying to be the mob, except they openly love the cops. Include Desjardins and you have a sociological experiment ran by a bunch of crooks, who wanna be Italian gangsters.

A great book on the biker politics of Ontario is They Showdown’ by Jerry Langton if anyone is interested.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/7960555-showdown
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

CabriniGreen wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:01 am Anymore to the article@ antimafia?

On the day the article was published, I purchased the digital copy via PayPal. The price was in euros, but PayPal makes paying in another currency very easy.

Although the article was published in the newspaper's various print editions that day, essentially all newspapers make digitally available their daily editions -- and it's up to the newspapers as to what content is free and what is for sale. Sometimes digital articles are in the form of a PDF in which you can drag against the copy and then copy-paste elsewhere; many times, they're not.

I'm not going to type the entire article because I don't have the time. Nor do I have time to translate the article and provide the translation here.

When I provide links to newspaper articles via Evernote, I do so because Evernote allows me to stop sharing the links anytime -- and when I do stop sharing them, you won't be able to view the articles again unless you contact me to ask for another shareable link.

I don't copy-paste entire articles by newspaper corporations because I don't want to violate copyright. I pay for behind-the-paywall articles published by the Star (Toronto) and the Spectator (Hamilton). I have a yearly paid subscription to Evernote that I've been renewing for years.

When you pay for stuff, you get what you pay for. When you don't pay for stuff, you also get what you pay for.

The Mafia inc. co-authors wrote about Enio Mora borrowing $7.2 million from Vito Rizzuto, giving a lion's share of the loaned money to Papalia and Carm Barillaro, and not repaying the loan -- if this is all true, then it may or may not be in direct contrast to the information that Paul Manning provided here on TBHF about Papalia kicking up money to Rizzuto.

The book's co-authors would have received those details from Peter Edwards and Antonio Nicaso, who -- apart from being the two people that André Cédilot was originally going to partner with to write the book that eventually became Mafia inc. -- have long maintained that the failure to repay the loan ultimately led to the murders of Mora and Papalia. And in the case of the latter's murder, led to Rizzuto becoming friendly with Pat Musitano before and after.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

antimafia wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:47 am

On the day the article was published, I purchased the digital copy via PayPal. The price was in euros, but PayPal makes paying in another currency very easy.

Although the article was published in the newspaper's various print editions that day, essentially all newspapers make digitally available their daily editions -- and it's up to the newspapers as to what content is free and what is for sale. Sometimes digital articles are in the form of a PDF in which you can drag against the copy and then copy-paste elsewhere; many times, they're not.

I'm not going to type the entire article because I don't have the time. Nor do I have time to translate the article and provide the translation here.

When I provide links to newspaper articles via Evernote, I do so because Evernote allows me to stop sharing the links anytime -- and when I do stop sharing them, you won't be able to view the articles again unless you contact me to ask for another shareable link.

I don't copy-paste entire articles by newspaper corporations because I don't want to violate copyright. I pay for behind-the-paywall articles published by the Star (Toronto) and the Spectator (Hamilton). I have a yearly paid subscription to Evernote that I've been renewing for years.

When you pay for stuff, you get what you pay for. When you don't pay for stuff, you also get what you pay for.

The Mafia inc. co-authors wrote about Enio Mora borrowing $7.2 million from Vito Rizzuto, giving a lion's share of the loaned money to Papalia and Carm Barillaro, and not repaying the loan -- if this is all true, then it may or may not be in direct contrast to the information that Paul Manning provided here on TBHF about Papalia kicking up money to Rizzuto.

The book's co-authors would have received those details from Peter Edwards and Antonio Nicaso, who -- apart from being the two people that André Cédilot was originally going to partner with to write the book that eventually became Mafia inc. -- have long maintained that the failure to repay the loan ultimately led to the murders of Mora and Papalia. And in the case of the latter's murder, led to Rizzuto becoming friendly with Pat Musitano before and after.
Ok, good stuff....

You think the Musitanos kept the...... wait, okay a couple questions...

• DID the Musitanos keep the Papalia turf while locked up?
2 part question....
• If so, did they keep it on the Rizzutos behalf, or did they run it independently?

Furthermore, If so, was this the repayment/restitution for the loan?

• Did the Musitanos have any other signifigant connection to any other TOC groups in Hamilton? Which Biker factions, ( if any) were they connected to?

Is there a Bonnano Hamilton crew? Or would any such crew be answerable to the Montreal contingent?
The Violis were on that Canadian Montreal chart, which was odd....

The Musitanos are a strange outfit.... Halfway between Ndrangheta and Cosa Nostra, somehow not formally belonging to either....

What does it mean if Vito made Pat? The Rizzutos at that time had to have still been firmly with New York....Pat wouldnt be made into any Sicilian cosca, or is that wrong?

So are the Musitanos Bonnano guys? Why would the New York York Bonnanos want them dead NOW?

If not Bonnanos, not Sicilian mafia, not ndrangheta, not any American LCN, not Buffalo..... hold up...

Is it possible Pat was made by Buffalo? But kicked up to Rizzuto?

Please forgive my rant... my barber cancelled so I'm stuck with a free morning...
BobbyBacala
On Record

Post by BobbyBacala »

Rizzuto is the reason why papalia was wacked papalia borrowed 7 million from rizzuto and never paid him back
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

Earlier today, Anna Sergi posted a series of tweets in Italian and then posted a series of the translation of the tweets. She also posted Thread Reader App links.

Here's the Thread Reader App link to the tweets in English:

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1286 ... 33025.html

Below are the tweets that may be relevant to a number of recent discussions on this board about all things Canadian organized crime. She had two tweets that were numbered 11 -- she simply forgot to renumber the second tweet.

10/ #Nagara region is seeing a blood shed because of #Hamilton #mafia war, apparently between the Sicilian-friendly #Musitano and the #Buffalo, #LaCosaNostra friendly Luppino-Violi. See summary by @AD_Humphreys https://www.cochranetimespost.ca/news/c ... bbb21f0067

11/ The #Ontario mafia groups are the most hybrid of mafia organisations today and they pay the price of hybridsation. Even if one family seems to be down, war might not be over, as it goes beyond direct interested parties https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2020/0 ... -says.html

11/ The Calabrian roots of all Hamilton mafia families count to forge new alliances - the #SidernoGroup is strong #Toronto; it might support relatives in #Hamilton independently from their past 'identity' to 1) show off their power 2) expand their business https://www.academia.edu/33604360/Tale_ ... ern_Canada

12/ in #Toronto, however the #SidernoGroup - in the hybridisation that characterises mafias in #Canada - has established independency from Calabria - connections are alive, but clans in Calabria respond to #Toronto more than the other way around https://nationalpost.com/news/italian-p ... -authority