Current Chicago Players 2020

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Snakes
Full Patched

Re: Current Chicago Players 2020

Post by Snakes »

Patrickgold wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:58 am
Villain wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:20 am Thanks a 1000 times for all of the additional names Cavita and PolackTony and ill add them to the list, but you have to tell me which crews they belong to right?

@Polack, i already have one Tony Buttitta...any relations? Also do you have any good evidence that Nick wasnt related to the Roti clan? Dont get me wrong but many of their members from the past were never caught doing something illegal, except for being labeled in newspapers...

I also believe that Barbara and Daddono Jr are completely retired....what about that DiCaro fella? Any relations to the old DiCaros from the south side?
If he’s related it’s very distant. He grew up in mt Greenwood which is coptown south in Chicago. No outfit corruption with him. Roti is common italian name

Not sure if if Tony Buttita is related to Blackjack’s Buttita. I will have to go through that list and put there crews
I don't think Nick is closely related to Fred, either. There was a big Sun-Times expose on the Roti-Caruso Family Tree in the early 2000s that listed all of the publicly employed people in the family. Nick was in law enforcement at the time and was not listed.
Last edited by Snakes on Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

funkster wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:59 am
PolackTony wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:17 am
funkster wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:27 am I was always under the impression that Nick Roti had a direct familial link to Fred. Could swear he was a nephew or something, thought I read that somewhere.

Villain, what do you mean by that note on Nick Saraceno? "Selling owner signs down Grand Avenue"?
I've heard it that he was related to Fred also, but I don't know if peolle say that because they know it for a fact or because his name is Roti. He coukd be related to to Grand Ave or the Chinatown Roti (which are two branches of the same family from Simbario).

Saraceno I believe is in real estate and also has a company that sells commercial signs.
I think there is some confusion. I live in the area and Ive seen the Saraceno signs all over, but I'm fairly certain that Nick Saraceno is Dominick Saraceno who seems to be a real estate agent in the area. The Nick Saraceno who was indicted in the Rocky Infelise case was Natale Saraceno. Two different guys, unless someone has more information that I don't know about.
Thanks for pointing this out. The Saraceno with the sign business should be the Dominic in real estate. No public association with any dirty stuff that I can see. Also, if this Nick were Natale Saraceno wouldn't it make more sense to have him with Cicero?
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Snakes wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:58 am
Villain wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:20 am Thanks a 1000 times for all of the additional names Cavita and PolackTony and ill add them to the list, but you have to tell me which crews they belong to right?

@Polack, i already have one Tony Buttitta...any relations? Also do you have any good evidence that Nick wasnt related to the Roti clan? Dont get me wrong but many of their members from the past were never caught doing something illegal, except for being labeled in newspapers...

I also believe that Barbara and Daddono Jr are completely retired....what about that DiCaro fella? Any relations to the old DiCaros from the south side?
If he’s related it’s very distant. He grew up in mt Greenwood which is coptown south in Chicago. No outfit corruption with him. Roti is common italian name

Not sure if if Tony Buttita is related to Blackjack’s Buttita. I will have to go through that list and put there crews
I don't think Nick is closely related to Fred, either. There was a big Sun-Times expose on the Runo-Caruso Family Tree in the early 2000s that listed all of the publicly employed people in the family. Nick was in law enforcement at the time and was not listed.
Good to know, thanks. I'd bet money they're related , but the question is how closely. If it were the case that Nick Roti was from the Grand Ave Roti then he'd be a cousin of Andriacchi and Spina.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

PolackTony wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:43 pm
funkster wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:27 am I was always under the impression that Nick Roti had a direct familial link to Fred. Could swear he was a nephew or something, thought I read that somewhere.

Villain, what do you mean by that note on Nick Saraceno? "Selling owner signs down Grand Avenue"?
I've heard it that he was related to Fred also, but I don't know if peolle say that because they know it for a fact or because his name is Roti. He coukd be related to to Grand Ave or the Chinatown Roti (which are two branches of the same family from Simbario).

Saraceno I believe is in real estate and also has a company that sells commercial signs.
I think there is some confusion. I live in the area and Ive seen the Saraceno signs all over, but I'm fairly certain that Nick Saraceno is Dominick Saraceno who seems to be a real estate agent in the area. The Nick Saraceno who was indicted in the Rocky Infelise case was Natale Saraceno. Two different guys, unless someone has more information that I don't know about.
Thanks for pointing this out. The Saraceno with the sign business should be the Dominic in real estate. No public association with any dirty stuff that I can see. Also, if this Nick were Natale Saraceno wouldn't it make more sense to have him with Cicero?
Agreed. Would be interested to know what happened to him, good chance he is still alive as a lot of the Cicero/Infelise faction of guys who were busted for gambling rings were between the ages of 30-60 in the late 90s and 2000s. Saraceno and a few others from these crews seem to have fallen off the radar.

Random question for anyone who may know, any idea what Paul Koruluk's middle name is?
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

funkster wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:53 pm
PolackTony wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:43 pm

Agreed. Would be interested to know what happened to him, good chance he is still alive as a lot of the Cicero/Infelise faction of guys who were busted for gambling rings were between the ages of 30-60 in the late 90s and 2000s. Saraceno and a few others from these crews seem to have fallen off the radar.

Random question for anyone who may know, any idea what Paul Koruluk's middle name is?
I've only seen Big Paul's middle name as the initial M. Little Paulie his son appears in the records with no initial or middle name from what I've seen.

Since you live in the neighborhood, I recall that Big Paul used to own the video store on Chicago Ave just east of Damen (across from the old Hub theater). I used to go there all the time as a kid. The story I've heard was that Paul and other C-Notes were robbing trains and stuff and reselling the VHS tapes out of the store. A lot of those guys were involved with train and truck robberies as well as burglaries etc.
SolarSolano
Full Patched

Post by SolarSolano »

cavita wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:17 am What's Vito Salamone been up to lately? Haven't heard anymore since the Rosemont gambling debacle.
Vito and his brother are both with Cicero.
SolarSolano
Full Patched

Post by SolarSolano »

The Cassano brothers (Angelo, Gino, Dom, Vito) should be on the list under Cicero. Angelo may have passed away recently, but was a very violent guy.

Spina's younger brothers Anthony and Johnny should also be on the list if they are still around.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Anyone know the current status of Louie Capuzi and Frankie Obrochta? C-Notes and career burglars who were also part of Panozzo and Koroluk's crew. They got popped on a burglary charge in 2012, not sure what's going on with them since.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

SolarSolano wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:43 pm The Cassano brothers (Angelo, Gino, Dom, Vito) should be on the list under Cicero. Angelo may have passed away recently, but was a very violent guy.

Spina's younger brothers Anthony and Johnny should also be on the list if they are still around.
Angelo and Vito are both deceased.
cavita
Full Patched

Post by cavita »

Almost forgot about higher level associate Nick Boscarino who was caught up in that Rosemont/Donald Stephens thing too... interestingly Boscarino owned some land and a restaurant in Rockford bat one time.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Patrickgold wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:45 am Also forgot to say to add:

Donald "Captain D" DiFazio: Chinatown

Fred Barbara: Chinatown

Robert Di Diana: Taylor street associate and connected to SD gang. Owns baci pizza chain
Di Diana from Baci's is connected to the SDs? SDs from 21 and Oakley?
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

PolackTony wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:39 pm

Robert Di Diana: Taylor street associate and connected to SD gang. Owns baci pizza chain
Yes. He went to school with them. He paid them to burn down one of his restaurants on on Western and Taylor area in early 2000s. He was arrested and eventually plead guilty to arson.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

mlm0047 wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:35 am
Villain wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:39 pm
mlm0047 wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:30 pm any chance you have the ages of the active guys?
Pogo already gave you the ages of the old made guys and so ill try to gather the ages regarding the rest of the guys on both lists, and im also waiting for some rare photos
A great list! Thought there’d be some younger guys in there
I think large number of the associates are younger guys
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Thanks man.

First i want to say that these are top notch convos guys that are presented by all of you. Kudos and keep it up

Pls dont forget that after we make all of the conclusions, ill re-edit the whole list by adding and removing names.
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

PolackTony wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:39 pm

I made a mistake. I meant Traveling Vice Lords from that area. He went to school with some of the leaders and hired them to burn down one of his pizza places to collect the insurance money. He got four years for it.