Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by johnny_scootch »

Clary was identified in FBI records from the 2000s as being the Musitano crime family’s go-between with the Buffalo mafia across the border in the United States.

Another gem. I'd love to see what these files say or even have Scott fill us in a little better if he sees this!
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

^^^^
Someone on Gangster BB posted the following this past January:
Uncle_Pauly_Walnut wrote:Do you remember the man outside Musitano home who drove head on into the vehicle from Quebec? That man was John Clary(I know breaking news), he was apart of Carmen Barillaro's crew in Niagara Falls. Musitano took over in Niagara Falls, & all the gambling profits.
The post was the only one the poster ever made over there.

On Twitter, a few accounts seemed to have intimate knowledge of Pat Musitano’s involvement in Havana Group Supplies. When he was shot in the face outside his laywer’s office in April 2019, Musitano was presumably seeing the lawyer about the HGS case in which Musitano was a defendant. This lawyer was not Dean Paquette, who has also represented Domenico Violi in the past.
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

johnny_scootch:

Thanks for posting Scott Burnstein's article. I tweeted a link to it, as well as those excerpts you posted, and I then ended up in an exchange with Paul Manning (I tagged Scott; then I tagged Dan Herbeck of the Buffalo News).

John Clary's name was under our nose the whole time -- we'll all recall the following image found below at https://twitter.com/jdsnowdy/status/929 ... 40/photo/1.

I used Derrick Snowdy's tweet back then to post here on TBHF.

Here is most of my exchange with Manning on Twitter:

Canadian OrgCrime @CdnOrgC
Also from @burneystweets’s article, which I linked to two tweets ago: “[John] Clary was reportedly tight with Barillaro and tried to broker a peace in the wake of the Johnny Pops hit to no avail. Barillaro was murdered weeks later.”
7:33 PM · Jul 20, 2020

𝙿𝚊𝚞𝚕 𝙼𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐 @mobinfiltrator
Replying to @CdnOrgC and @burneystweets
Clary works as a go between Buffalo/ Golden Horseshoe and always has.
7:36 PM · Jul 20, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

Replying to @mobinfiltrator and @burneystweets
Paul, a John Clary (age 48 at the time) was mentioned in a Dec 18, 1991 article in the _Hamilton Spectator_ in relation to a cocaine-trafficking investigation by the Niagara Combined Forces Drug Section. He was charged along with a Domenic Vaccaro, a Nick Bruzzese, and others...
9:26 PM · Jul 20, 2020

Replying to @CdnOrgC and @burneystweets
That’s Johnny. In 2010 I was about about 5 mins behind him and his crew of tough guys robbing the Scout Bar on Centennial. Tip came in, I shot down there by myself just missing them. Nobody would talk or report.
9:30 PM · Jul 20, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

Replying to @mobinfiltrator and @burneystweets
On Sep 7–8 1990, @dherbecknews reported that Carm Barillaro, Domenic Vaccaro, and Nick Bruzzese were made members, citing Special Agent Robert Ulmer, at the time the chief of the Organized Crime and Narcotics section of the FBI Field Office. Are Vaccaro and Bruzzese "active"?
9:36 PM · Jul 20, 2020

Replying to @CdnOrgC @burneystweets and @dherbecknews
Both names cane up in Project Expiate (Papalia homicide) and I know still active in 2006. After that?

What I will say with made men as a matter of rule - if they’re still alive & not in jail, then they’re still active.

Anyone who says different, just don’t know wiseguys!
9:42 PM · Jul 20, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

NB: If still alive, Vaccaro would be 73 or 74 years old (likely 74), and Bruzzese would be 69 or 70 (likely 70).
Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

This Joseph Papalia, is he the son of Johnny Pops?
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

Lupara wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:39 pm This Joseph Papalia, is he the son of Johnny Pops?
John Papalia didn’t have any children.

His paternal grandfather, his mother’s first husband, and a half-brother all had the first name “Giuseppe.” I can’t place this Joseph Papalia born in 1967 — definitely not a son to Pops’s brothers Frank and Rocco; maybe a son to brother Domenic? to half-brothers Arcangelo and Giuseppe?
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by Lupara »

antimafia wrote:
Lupara wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:39 pm This Joseph Papalia, is he the son of Johnny Pops?

His paternal grandfather, his mother’s first husband, and a half-brother all had the first name “Giuseppe.” I can’t place this Joseph Papalia born in 1967 — definitely not a son to Pops’s brothers Frank and Rocco; maybe a son to brother Domenic? to half-brothers Arcangelo and Giuseppe?
Is there a particular reason he didn't have any children? These guys usually have plenty of wives and girlfriends.
SantoClaus
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by SantoClaus »

Lupara wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:51 pm
SantoClaus wrote:
Lupara wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:42 am
SantoClaus wrote:Did anyone else hear right after the Violi brothers were sentenced, that Rocco Luppino was essentially made Caesar of sorts in Hamilton? I’ve heard stuff like that from hard core Southern Italians, but not the typical Italo you find in Canada.

It was December 2018, I personally didn’t know about the Violis, but found it confusing then, more interesting now.

Basically, the group of people that could do that, were also looking to put a body in the street, couple weeks later Tony Magi, was dead.

Could be part of the reason Vincenzo Luppino was killed. I think a Jew from Toronto names Harold, tied with HA in Toronto, has the connection via the stock market to Magi, also close to the Haitian killed in August 2014 the one tied to Magi, Desjardins and murder of Nico Rizzuto Jr.

I was in Montreal, during World Cup 2014, I didn’t know Vito was dead, the city was messed up, went asking around about Mom Boucher, the Algerians went nuts, with the Muslims in the Wahhabi Mosque in Montreal and the HAs. I couldn’t figure out why?

But now I am able to see the cop/biker front they use, like they have in Hamilton with the Poole family.

The murderer of CeCe Luppino looks like the guys that were flexing in Montreal, when I was down there in 2014.

They may have used this network to abduct and kill Paola Renda, who really knows the advantages you have when you can have members of both gangs bikers and cops working together in the same family or club?
Vincenzo Luppino died of natural causes afaik.
Sorry, I thought CeCe Luppino’s real name was Vincenzo.
Could be, but you later did write Cece so I presumed you referred to the elder Vincenzo Luppino who died a few years ago.
My bad, CeCe seems to be short for Vincenzo. That who I was referring to.
Mi Dispiace
“To know and not to do, is not to know”
SantoClaus
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by SantoClaus »

Stroccos wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:23 pm
SantoClaus wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:04 pm I listened to a couple different people tell me about meetings they have had with the National President of HA in Canada, named Truck, and the guy just threatens people with cops. Says he’ll just drop a dime on you, when did that become the HA policy nationally in Canada? Lol 😝

Ask any gangster where that’s allowed lol, imagine a wiseguy bragging about that, he’d be dead.
if you rat out your enemies would your club care ? I think that's par the course for the Mexicans
Fair enough, in a Narco state like Mexico, it would seem to be an acceptable business practice. I didn’t think Canada was like that, assuming having opening relationships with the cops, would be a death sentence.

I guess the bikers, are really that good up in Canada.
“To know and not to do, is not to know”
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by Lupara »

SantoClaus wrote:
Lupara wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:51 pm
SantoClaus wrote:
Lupara wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:42 am
SantoClaus wrote:Did anyone else hear right after the Violi brothers were sentenced, that Rocco Luppino was essentially made Caesar of sorts in Hamilton? I’ve heard stuff like that from hard core Southern Italians, but not the typical Italo you find in Canada.

It was December 2018, I personally didn’t know about the Violis, but found it confusing then, more interesting now.

Basically, the group of people that could do that, were also looking to put a body in the street, couple weeks later Tony Magi, was dead.

Could be part of the reason Vincenzo Luppino was killed. I think a Jew from Toronto names Harold, tied with HA in Toronto, has the connection via the stock market to Magi, also close to the Haitian killed in August 2014 the one tied to Magi, Desjardins and murder of Nico Rizzuto Jr.

I was in Montreal, during World Cup 2014, I didn’t know Vito was dead, the city was messed up, went asking around about Mom Boucher, the Algerians went nuts, with the Muslims in the Wahhabi Mosque in Montreal and the HAs. I couldn’t figure out why?

But now I am able to see the cop/biker front they use, like they have in Hamilton with the Poole family.

The murderer of CeCe Luppino looks like the guys that were flexing in Montreal, when I was down there in 2014.

They may have used this network to abduct and kill Paola Renda, who really knows the advantages you have when you can have members of both gangs bikers and cops working together in the same family or club?
Vincenzo Luppino died of natural causes afaik.
Sorry, I thought CeCe Luppino’s real name was Vincenzo.
Could be, but you later did write Cece so I presumed you referred to the elder Vincenzo Luppino who died a few years ago.
My bad, CeCe seems to be short for Vincenzo. That who I was referring to.
Mi Dispiace
I think the news outlets specifically differentiated the name in order to avoid the confusion you just caused. [emoji14]
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

Warning to Musitano family member means more Mafia crime coming to Hamilton: experts

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton ... -1.5654868
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

antimafia wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:18 pm johnny_scootch:

Thanks for posting Scott Burnstein's article. I tweeted a link to it, as well as those excerpts you posted, and I then ended up in an exchange with Paul Manning (I tagged Scott; then I tagged Dan Herbeck of the Buffalo News).
Anti you’re very welcome. Hopefully you can pick Manning’s brain from time to time when we need it.
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

^^^^
Manning is very accessible on Twitter. You and others should feel free to ask him a question by either tagging him in a tweet or in a reply to one of his tweets.

Later I'll copy-paste in this thread more of my Twitter exchange with him from last night.
BeatiPaoli
Straightened out

Post by BeatiPaoli »

To Johnny_Scootch and Antimafia: I may be using the wrong terminology, since I am not fascile with computers, but where was the original Scott Deitche article (which you posted) located on the internet? Does he have a website I can access? I have all his books (save one), and find him to be a compelling author and researcher. Any help or guidance would be appreciated.

Regards,
BeatiPaoli
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

BeatiPaoli wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:28 pm To Johnny_Scootch and Antimafia: I may be using the wrong terminology, since I am not fascile with computers, but where was the original Scott Deitche article (which you posted) located on the internet? Does he have a website I can access? I have all his books (save one), and find him to be a compelling author and researcher. Any help or guidance would be appreciated.

Regards,
BeatiPaoli
The article was written by Scott Burnstein. I assume that johnny_scootch found it at the same URL I did:

https://gangsterreport.com/rcmp-probing ... itano-hit/
antimafia
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by antimafia »

Lupara wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:15 pm
antimafia wrote:

Is there a particular reason he didn't have any children? These guys usually have plenty of wives and girlfriends.
Adrian Humphreys's The Enforcer, as a biography of John Papalia, has a good number of details about Pops's personal life.

Papalia did marry but not till he was 57 years old. In January 1981, he married a woman Humphreys identified as Pops's longtime on-again, off-again girlfriend -- this would be Papalia's only marriage, and it ended in 1983.

Papalia did have some serious relationships before and after 1981, but he also dated a lot of showgirls, cocktail waitresses, and the like. Some of the reasons cited by Humphreys as to why Papalia never really settled down are that Pops had been a bachelor for such a long time he found living with a woman difficult; that Papalia didn't like having to tell anyone where he was going, whom he was seeing, what time he'd be back, etc.; and that Papalia was very messy and dirty around the house, keeping his residences over the years very unkempt. I have read elsewhere that Pops was a legendary slob.