Current Colombo rackets

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Re: Current Colombo rackets

Post by JeremyTheJew »

I looked on Pogos chart and saw :

Thomas "Tommy Shots/Bop" Gioeli/67 (IP/9/9/2024)

He gets out in 2024???
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

slimshady_007 wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:29 am
JeremyTheJew wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:51 am I forgot that Colombos had a few crews in LI.
They have mostly been a Bk Family with that being there base.

I wonder how exactly that msg was passed. Lol, did persico even really fully understand what he was asking even??

I re read the borello interview and he basically laughed at the Colombo family. But, since he has flipped there has been like 3 influential capos that have came out i believe
I think the Colombos have been quietly rebuilding since 2011. Now i think the heat is back on and its only a matter of time until either andy russo or teddy jr get pinched.
Teddy Jr has to be one of the dumbest people in that family lol

Shocked he has been out this long
"I wanna hear some noise." "Tell Salvie to clean the boat, the whole boat top to bottom" -Nicodemo "Nicky" Scarfo Sr"
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

Fughedaboutit wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:54 pm
slimshady_007 wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:29 am
JeremyTheJew wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:51 am I forgot that Colombos had a few crews in LI.
They have mostly been a Bk Family with that being there base.

I wonder how exactly that msg was passed. Lol, did persico even really fully understand what he was asking even??

I re read the borello interview and he basically laughed at the Colombo family. But, since he has flipped there has been like 3 influential capos that have came out i believe
I think the Colombos have been quietly rebuilding since 2011. Now i think the heat is back on and its only a matter of time until either andy russo or teddy jr get pinched.
Teddy Jr has to be one of the dumbest people in that family lol

Shocked he has been out this long
Idk about dumb but he’s definitely a cowboy
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

Yeah he is in the top rank of idiots. But okay. lol
"I wanna hear some noise." "Tell Salvie to clean the boat, the whole boat top to bottom" -Nicodemo "Nicky" Scarfo Sr"
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

gohnjotti wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:04 pmThe control of Local 6A ended in 2011, after Ralph Scopo Jr. and Ralph Scopo III were booted out, although there's still links to the Gambino & Lucchese families
While the control of Local 6A may be gone, I'd hold off and that being a definite. The government brought a civil RICO suit to take over the Local back in the 1980's and yet the Colombos were still in control 25 years later.

Wikileaks reported the members of the Gambino and Lucchese families met to discuss taking control of the Local, which could suggest a power void at the time.
All roads lead to New York.
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

queensnyer wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:17 pm
gohnjotti wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:08 pm
queensnyer wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:36 pm please..the colombo family is weak?? mess with their rackets and find out
Good point, it's easy to call them weak but you have to remember that they're historically the most violent of the Five Families, and regularly hold their own against the Gambinos in Brooklyn. In 2010, Anthony Russo and his men pushed out a rival Gambino gambling parlor with force, and loaded themselves up with guns the following week, as they expected retribution (which never came). That whole debacle was tape-recorded by Tommy McLaughlin.
yes sir if the colombos are anything, its ready to handle their business...
"ready to go to jail" :lol:
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

queensnyer wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:17 pm
gohnjotti wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:08 pm
queensnyer wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:36 pm please..the colombo family is weak?? mess with their rackets and find out
Good point, it's easy to call them weak but you have to remember that they're historically the most violent of the Five Families, and regularly hold their own against the Gambinos in Brooklyn. In 2010, Anthony Russo and his men pushed out a rival Gambino gambling parlor with force, and loaded themselves up with guns the following week, as they expected retribution (which never came). That whole debacle was tape-recorded by Tommy McLaughlin.
Spot on, the big-name old-timers (Persicos, Andy Russo, Franzese, Carna, Cacace, etc.) might have more clout than actual power, but they’ve somehow managed to bring in a whole new era of young Brooklynite/SI hoodlums who are probably dumb enough to kill someone, similar to Teddy Persico in ‘05, who was ready to kill indiscriminately over a perceived slight.

When I say the old-timers have more clout than actual power, I am mostly referring to Sonny Franzese, and the end of his life. The man’s financial racketeering empire was all but gone, which is why he was shaking down titty bars in Manhattan, but he had dozens upon dozens of Italian and Eastern European enforcers like Chris Curanovic doing his dirty work, as well as other, wayward Franzese associates like Kenny Gallo, who characterised Franzese in his book as an underworld celebrity of sorts.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
Chopper
Straightened out

Post by Chopper »

So gohnjotti, when can we see another Colombo write up amigo? It's long overdue.
"Do you think Ralph is a little weird about women?"

"I don't know Ton'… I mean, he beat one to death"
Uncle Pete
Straightened out

Post by Uncle Pete »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:30 pm
Uncle Pete wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:12 pm
queensnyer wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:36 pm the colombo family is not as strong as it once was, but neither are the other families including the Genovese family who is touted as the strongest. i wouldnt believe a word gene Borello ever spoke. hes a dolt and a legend in his own mind. he didnt even know his own crew (jack boneventre} had business dealings with charlie fish micelli. please..the colombo family is weak?? mess with their rackets and find out
I agree. That Colombo regime busted in 2011 didn’t seem like a regime to laugh about. It consisted of a well respected old school administration who was building the family back up at the time.

I doubt many were laughing at them going back even further to the Tommy Shots regime who had one of the most dangerous and violent crews on the street before they were all arrested.
Who was said to be the admin jn 2011?? Thst was Russo as AB??

also, since Borello has gotten out, how many capos have gotten out? Bc ik there was at least three?
In 2011, it was Andy Mush as acting boss, Benji the claw as acting underboss and Richie Fusco as official consigliere.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

So is Tommy shots getting in 2024??
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

Chopper wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:29 pm So gohnjotti, when can we see another Colombo write up amigo? It's long overdue.
Lockdown was great for me in terms of research but since then I’ve been slammed with work. All I have time to do nowadays is hop on the forums once a day or so to interact with you fellas and chime in with my two cents. I’ve got plenty of ideas though, and (in terms of court papers) I have plenty to work with, as well as sources who have reached out to me from my articles. Some people still active today who want to set the record straight, some former wiseguys and informants.

Hopefully I can delve further into things in the coming months but, for now, I don’t have any new articles on the way. I’ve probably missed a lot of important Mafia news too which I need to catch up on.

JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

gohnjotti wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:31 am
Chopper wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:29 pm So gohnjotti, when can we see another Colombo write up amigo? It's long overdue.
Lockdown was great for me in terms of research but since then I’ve been slammed with work. All I have time to do nowadays is hop on the forums once a day or so to interact with you fellas and chime in with my two cents. I’ve got plenty of ideas though, and (in terms of court papers) I have plenty to work with, as well as sources who have reached out to me from my articles. Some people still active today who want to set the record straight, some former wiseguys and informants.

Hopefully I can delve further into things in the coming months but, for now, I don’t have any new articles on the way. I’ve probably missed a lot of important Mafia news too which I need to catch up on.
Looking forward to hearing about the new sources. Itd be nice for us to have someone that has already proved there worth come out with some "putting the record straight. "

Deff sounds good bud. Keep up the awesome work
queensnyer
Straightened out

Post by queensnyer »

[

[/quote]

"ready to go to jail" :lol:
[/quote]

yeah and they dont care....stupid? maybe. they are all stupid these days to get involved, but at least the colombos arent pretend gangsters..
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

Uncle Pete wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:15 pm
queensnyer wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:36 pm the colombo family is not as strong as it once was, but neither are the other families including the Genovese family who is touted as the strongest. i wouldnt believe a word gene Borello ever spoke. hes a dolt and a legend in his own mind. he didnt even know his own crew (jack boneventre} had business dealings with charlie fish micelli. please..the colombo family is weak?? mess with their rackets and find out
I agree. That Colombo regime busted in 2011 didn’t seem like a regime to laugh about. It consisted of a well respected old school administration who was building the family back up at the time.

I doubt many were laughing at them going back even further to the Tommy Shots regime who had one of the most dangerous and violent crews on the street before they were all arrested.

also, since Borello has gotten out, how many capos have gotten out? Bc ik there was at least three?
In 2011, it was Andy Mush as acting boss, Benji the claw as acting underboss and Richie Fusco as official consigliere.
After the busts, there was a proposed ruling panel consisting of Ralph Lombardo, Reynold Maragni and Richard Fusco. For a culmination of reasons, this didn’t end up happening. Maragni was an informant, for starters, and Fusco died.

In late 2011, from prison, Andy Russo directed that longtime LA soldier and Persico ally Donnie Montemarano, and longtime Florida captain and Persico in-law Tom Farese relocate to New York in order to run the family over the holiday season until the various Mafia Takedown Day cases were resolved. Due to Farese’s indictment, this never came to fruition either, and I have no knowledge one way or the other of Montemarano coming to New York himself.

One thing that separates the Mafia Takedown Day busts from other large admin busts is that most of the crimes were penny-ante, so there were no sweeping calls to change the core administration. There was no need for any dramatic restructure since many top figures were on bail, and others would be out within a few years. In fact, in that proposed ruling panel I mentioned earlier, two of the members on the panel - capo Reynold Maragni and consigliere Richie Fusco - were indicted on Mafia Takedown Day and received lenient bail conditions. Similar scenario with captain Joseph Carna, who continued to serve as a captain while on bail.

My point is that “Mafia Takedown Day,” as Jerry Capeci and others call it, was not as dramatic or life-changing for the Colombo family as, say, the 2017 Lucchese takedown. In that Lucchese bust, all of the top leadership were incapacitated, and it’s reasonable to assume the gravity of their charges meant they had little-to-no contact with the streets. Obviously we know there were messages passed back and forth, but the security conditions would’ve made it far harder for Stevie Crea to relay a message than Andy Russo. Most of the people busted on Mafia Takedown Day are out by now. Top figures in the case (like those two aforementioned captains and the consigliere) were released on bail, and other figures like street boss Andy Russo served their sentence right there in the Brooklyn MDC, where Russo - using emissaries from NY to Florida - was able to run the family with relative ease and lax security. After all, if Carmine Persico waged a war from a prison cell in California, you have to assume that the Colombo family has their prison communications on point.

JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

gohnjotti wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:24 pm
Uncle Pete wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:15 pm

After the busts, there was a proposed ruling panel consisting of Ralph Lombardo, Reynold Maragni and Richard Fusco. For a culmination of reasons, this didn’t end up happening. Maragni was an informant, for starters, and Fusco died.

In late 2011, from prison, Andy Russo directed that longtime LA soldier and Persico ally Donnie Montemarano, and longtime Florida captain and Persico in-law Tom Farese relocate to New York in order to run the family over the holiday season until the various Mafia Takedown Day cases were resolved. Due to Farese’s indictment, this never came to fruition either, and I have no knowledge one way or the other of Montemarano coming to New York himself.

One thing that separates the Mafia Takedown Day busts from other large admin busts is that most of the crimes were penny-ante, so there were no sweeping calls to change the core administration. There was no need for any dramatic restructure since many top figures were on bail, and others would be out within a few years. In fact, in that proposed ruling panel I mentioned earlier, two of the members on the panel - capo Reynold Maragni and consigliere Richie Fusco - were indicted on Mafia Takedown Day and received lenient bail conditions. Similar scenario with captain Joseph Carna, who continued to serve as a captain while on bail.

My point is that “Mafia Takedown Day,” as Jerry Capeci and others call it, was not as dramatic or life-changing for the Colombo family as, say, the 2017 Lucchese takedown. In that Lucchese bust, all of the top leadership were incapacitated, and it’s reasonable to assume the gravity of their charges meant they had little-to-no contact with the streets. Obviously we know there were messages passed back and forth, but the security conditions would’ve made it far harder for Stevie Crea to relay a message than Andy Russo. Most of the people busted on Mafia Takedown Day are out by now. Top figures in the case (like those two aforementioned captains and the consigliere) were released on bail, and other figures like street boss Andy Russo served their sentence right there in the Brooklyn MDC, where Russo - using emissaries from NY to Florida - was able to run the family with relative ease and lax security. After all, if Carmine Persico waged a war from a prison cell in California, you have to assume that the Colombo family has their prison communications on point.
Why does pogos chart say Tommy shots gets out in 2024