Fosco's Mafia Report: DiFronzo and Outfit schism

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

PolackTony
Filthy Few

Fosco's Mafia Report: DiFronzo and Outfit schism

Post by PolackTony »

https://www.americannewspost.com/joseph ... m-three-3/

In Fosco's latest ANP Mafia Report "addendum" post, he claims that the effect of DiFronzo's purported cooperation with the Feds led to the Outfit splitting into two distinct organizations under Cicero and Elmwood Park.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Villain
Filthy Few

Re: Fosco's Mafia Report: DiFronzo and Outfit schism

Post by Villain »

Thats true...even today we only have two separate groups with no top administration and we dont know if they are still connected to each other. Although i dont believe that DiFronzo was the "prime architect" but instead it was more of a natural process, meaning if DiFronzo didnt back off...thats something interesting to think about
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Joe Andriacchi, who was left out of Fosco's piece, somehow managed to stay involved, at least until the Tony Zizzo murder. At the time it seemed as if he was the consigliere or top boss based on the limited information that we have. Around 2007 it was noted that Mike Sarno was kicking up to John DiFronzo, and a few years later Pete was said to be the "street boss of the entire Outfit." Fosco also didn't mention Albie Vena and the Grand Avenue crew (who was also said to be running Elmwood Park). Chinatown wasn't mentioned either, and it survived until at least the 1990s. It's possible that it's still around. So I think there's truth in Fosco's article, but there's also a lot left out.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Antiliar wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:26 am Joe Andriacchi, who was left out of Fosco's piece, somehow managed to stay involved, at least until the Tony Zizzo murder. At the time it seemed as if he was the consigliere or top boss based on the limited information that we have. Around 2007 it was noted that Mike Sarno was kicking up to John DiFronzo, and a few years later Pete was said to be the "street boss of the entire Outfit." Fosco also didn't mention Albie Vena and the Grand Avenue crew (who was also said to be running Elmwood Park). Chinatown wasn't mentioned either, and it survived until at least the 1990s. It's possible that it's still around. So I think there's truth in Fosco's article, but there's also a lot left out.
Yes these were my questions as well. No mention of D'Amico or Andriacchi, nor of Grand Ave under Cozzo, Chiaramonte, Vena. And your point about Sarno still kicking up to DiFronzo really contradicts the notion that the current "South" and "North" factions were distinct and completely separate entities.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

PolackTony wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:21 pm
Antiliar wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:26 am Joe Andriacchi, who was left out of Fosco's piece, somehow managed to stay involved, at least until the Tony Zizzo murder. At the time it seemed as if he was the consigliere or top boss based on the limited information that we have. Around 2007 it was noted that Mike Sarno was kicking up to John DiFronzo, and a few years later Pete was said to be the "street boss of the entire Outfit." Fosco also didn't mention Albie Vena and the Grand Avenue crew (who was also said to be running Elmwood Park). Chinatown wasn't mentioned either, and it survived until at least the 1990s. It's possible that it's still around. So I think there's truth in Fosco's article, but there's also a lot left out.
Yes these were my questions as well. No mention of D'Amico or Andriacchi, nor of Grand Ave under Cozzo, Chiaramonte, Vena. And your point about Sarno still kicking up to DiFronzo really contradicts the notion that the current "South" and "North" factions were distinct and completely separate entities.
I agree...if the information regarding Sarno kicking up at least few dollars to DiFronzo is true, than that might change a lot of stuff regarding the top hierarchy at the time and possibly the following years, but i think that same info doesnt affect much on todays situation...
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

This Fosco guy's article was interesting. His story about Carlisi & DiFronzo not being able to get along together & the reasons why did made sense. The one thing that didn't make sense was him saying that DiFronzo was conveniently missing from the indictment of Carlisi's crew at the end on 1992.
First off, DiFronzo would have had nothing to do with being indicted with Carlisi's gambling crew. Secondly, The problem is the timing. Carlisi's Crew was indicted in late 1992. The Feds would have begun investigating Carlisi's Crew at least a couple years "before" 1992. DiFronzo would not have been a CI back in 1990 or 1991 because if true, then he would have never gone to prison in 1993 on that Rincon deal. DiFronzo supplying info to the Feds before 1993 doesn't fit the time line IMO.
" Everything Woke turns to shit".
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

Chiaramonte was with Carlisi, Melrose Park.
" Everything Woke turns to shit".
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Confederate wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:23 pm
Yeah I just realized I wrote Chiaramonte, I had meant to write Tony Centracchio. Thanks.
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

“The Cicero Outfit went on to have a number of successors to Apes, and remains an extremely functional crime faction to this day.”

That’s quite a statement. I don’t think I would describe Philly as having an “extremely functional crime faction” and the general vibe seems to be that Philly has more going on than Chicago—activity wise.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

As I said in another thread, Fosco's political discussion regarding Difronzo and Carlisi seems certainly possible..but the speculation on a grand scheme outlined that he attributes to what JD was able to accomplish through dry snitching seems far fetched.
outfit guy
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by outfit guy »

I don't know Chicago that well, but not Nick C. cooperating was solely due to the glove. The glove dropped at Big John's murder was provided by the nephew; that information alone is what flipped Nick. C. So with that, I don't by it; too complicated and makes no sense. He need not dissolve anything; just distance himself from the Outfit or better, be pushed out.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Confederate wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:33 pm
This Fosco guy's article was interesting. His story about Carlisi & DiFronzo not being able to get along together & the reasons why did made sense. The one thing that didn't make sense was him saying that DiFronzo was conveniently missing from the indictment of Carlisi's crew at the end on 1992.
First off, DiFronzo would have had nothing to do with being indicted with Carlisi's gambling crew. Secondly, The problem is the timing. Carlisi's Crew was indicted in late 1992. The Feds would have begun investigating Carlisi's Crew at least a couple years "before" 1992. DiFronzo would not have been a CI back in 1990 or 1991 because if true, then he would have never gone to prison in 1993 on that Rincon deal. DiFronzo supplying info to the Feds before 1993 doesn't fit the time line IMO.
I agree with all you said. These articles by Fosco and the Red Willmette saying he saw info that DiFronzo was a CI is interesting. But are they true?? I thinkthe Fosco articles explain some things about what was going on back then. But again where would he have gotten the info that DiFronzo was a CI? I think his articles are based on truth and also his own personal theory.
SolarSolano
Full Patched

Post by SolarSolano »

I think Fosco is spot on with what happened to the modern day Outfit - Cicero swallowed up all the remaining crews and Elmwood Park became a few guys like Rudy Fratto fucking around independently.

His post last week on Rudy Fratto was a good one too. DiFRonzo was really a greedy bastard - but I was always told his crew was very wealthy. I am astounded so many fell on hard times over the last 20 years - but I'm not sure whether or not that's on DiFronzo. Still not sold on him being a CI.
https://www.americannewspost.com/joseph ... ndum-four/
SolarSolano
Full Patched

Post by SolarSolano »

PolackTony wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:31 pm
Confederate wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:23 pm
Yeah I just realized I wrote Chiaramonte, I had meant to write Tony Centracchio. Thanks.
Centracchio was also a Melrose Park guy under Grand Avenue (he was in Louie Eboli's original crew). There haven't been many indictments linked directly to Elmwood Park guys in a long long time beyond Fratto, who Fosco says (and I agree) was just independent. I believe Cicero swallowed what was left in Chicago Heights, Chinatown, Grand Avenue, Northside and likely some of the younger Elmwood Park guys.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Frank Calabrese who definitely was hard core mobster praised DiFronzo as being smart for encouraging his guys to get into legit business.