General Mob Questions

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

pharion
Straightened out

Re: General Mob Questions

Post by pharion »

TallGuy19 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:03 pm
TommyShots wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:54 pm Did consiglieris and Underbosses have their own personal crews of earners that only reported to them?
When Bobby Manna was consigliere of the Genovese family, he oversaw their Jersey faction.

In the Lucchese family the consigliere was allowed to have one soldier report directly to him and act as kind of an executive aide. Anthony Casso held this position under Christopher Furnari before becoming underboss.

The Colombos have a long history of underbosses having crews under them. Bill Cutolo retained his crew after becoming underboss. Even Joe Colombo, as boss, had a crew of soldiers reporting directly to him.

Each family and each administration of each family does things slightly different. For example, I don't know if the consigliere having a soldier under them was standard practice across the mob, or if it was even standard practice within the Lucchese family. It's possible the boss simply allowed Furnari to have Casso directly with him because of their close relationship.
Manna had a large crew (relatively speaking) of associates in Hudson County directly under him while he was Consigliere. He had Motts Casella. He had some of DiGilio's guys. He had at least 2 large gambling/betting operations in Hudson County. He had control of Laborers Local 21 through John Pasquale, Orlando Cusimano, Rocco Napoli, and others. And he had capable shooters like DeSciscio and Rotolo. After Manna got put away, some of his guys/operations went to Larry Dentico, Sally Dogs Lombardi, Michael "Tona" Borelli, and probably others.
Super
Straightened out

Post by Super »

Im sure neil had two or three crews manna had five crews and soldiers plus associate's most of the underbosses and consiglieres had a few people around them drivers bodyguards second in commands gofers soldiers etc Different for every family.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

TallGuy19 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:03 pm
TommyShots wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:54 pm Did consiglieris and Underbosses have their own personal crews of earners that only reported to them?
The Colombos have a long history of underbosses having crews under them. Bill Cutolo retained his crew after becoming underboss. Even Joe Colombo, as boss, had a crew of soldiers reporting directly to him.
In a weird, informal kind of way. John DeRoss was the official captain from 1996-1999 but as you said, the crew still reported to Cutolo.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
TallGuy19
Full Patched

Post by TallGuy19 »

Super wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:41 pm Im sure neil had two or three crews manna had five crews and soldiers plus associate's most of the underbosses and consiglieres had a few people around them drivers bodyguards second in commands gofers soldiers etc Different for every family.
I forgot about Neil Dellacroce, Castellano gave him control over three or four crews in the Gambino family.
"A thug changes, and love changes, and best friends become strangers. Word up."
Orcus
Prospect

Post by Orcus »

Any information on induction ceremonies nowadays? There's an article about a 2015 ceremony held in Canada by a Bonanno captain. It was taped as the inductee was an informant but its details described nothing about finger pricking or speaking an oath, nor card burning. It sounded dumbed down and basic. Of course this could also be because not all information/details were publicised.

Is there any evidence to prove ceremonies have changed at all over the years? I know it depends on the family and the reigning boss, too.
TallGuy19
Full Patched

Post by TallGuy19 »

Orcus wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:14 am Any information on induction ceremonies nowadays? There's an article about a 2015 ceremony held in Canada by a Bonanno captain. It was taped as the inductee was an informant but its details described nothing about finger pricking or speaking an oath, nor card burning. It sounded dumbed down and basic. Of course this could also be because not all information/details were publicised.

Is there any evidence to prove ceremonies have changed at all over the years? I know it depends on the family and the reigning boss, too.
The Bonannos have not used the traditional ceremony for quite awhile. When Joe Massino was conducting a ceremony in the 1980s, he said they weren't going to use a gun or a knife because many of the people in the room (himself included) were convicted felons, and he didn't want to get busted with weapons.

As far as I know, the other families are still using the traditional ceremony in most cases. Occasionally, they might forego the finger pricking or other aspects for the sake of convenience or security.
"A thug changes, and love changes, and best friends become strangers. Word up."
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

This is corny as hell but I’m legit curious to see what the answers are.

Did anyone ever play the jellybean game as a kid? Where a teacher held up a big ass jar full of jellybeans and had each student guess how many jellybeans were in the jar?

Here’s my jellybean question for this forum.....in the 20th century, how many murders were connected to la Cosa Nostra?
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Why was Miami open territory??
How many families operated there?? Was more crews we're in Miami then NJ even??

Did they pay tribute to trafficante at all??
And iv allways thought Santo to be a very influenctial boss - but is that even true??
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:15 pm Why was Miami open territory??

And iv allways thought Santo to be a very influenctial boss - but is that even true??
Trafficante and the family were mostly based in Tampa, IIRC. It was Steve Raffa and his crew who were big in Miami. Someone correct me if I’m wrong.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

How many families operated there??
Most of the five fams operated down there (Genovese, Gambino, Lucchese), including Chicago. I dont know about the rest but I assume some of them also had their own ops going on. Same thing was in AZ i think
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

After the Pennisi revelations, new crew structures etc Joey Giampa (previous Capo) seems to have dropped off the map. I dont recall Pennisi even mentioning him.
What is the last certified info we have on him?
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

gohnjotti wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:43 pm

Trafficante and the family were mostly based in Tampa, IIRC. It was Steve Raffa and his crew who were big in Miami. Someone correct me if I’m wrong.
Yes trafficante was Tampa.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

In alites latest interviews he claims he killed Louie dibono....

Is that common knowledge?
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:07 am In alites latest interviews he claims he killed Louie dibono....

Don't remember hearing that before. Patsy Conte, Charles Carneglia, Francisco Graziano, and Anthony Viancullo were all charged with the murder.
All roads lead to New York.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Wiseguy wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:19 am
JeremyTheJew wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:07 am In alites latest interviews he claims he killed Louie dibono....

Don't remember hearing that before. Patsy Conte, Charles Carneglia, Francisco Graziano, and Anthony Viancullo were all charged with the murder.
I'm trying to find the interview. It popped up on my you tube highlights.

And it was young guys trying to find out how a hit (that John Gotti snr) ordered went down.... So he discussed how the Louie dibono hit went out to jnr so he did it....
... Never heard that ever