Frank DiMatteo

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Camo
Straightened out

Frank DiMatteo

Post by Camo »

Just saw this guy doing an AMA on Reddit - https://www.reddit.com/r/Mafia/comments ... and_spent/

I vaguely heard about the Persico book before but never looked into it. Is anything this guy is saying true? He's claiming is uncle Joe Schepani was in Albert Anastasia's inner circle and his father Ricky DiMatteo was a hitman for the "Gallo Crime Family". And that he escaped the life after many of his crew flipped during the Gallo/Profaci War.

Sounds like another bullshitter but just thought it should ask after it popped up in my feed, sometimes these guys have tangential links to the mafia that they embellish.
Hired_Goonz
Straightened out

Re: Frank DiMatteo

Post by Hired_Goonz »

I couldn't even finish the Persico book because of how annoying this fuckin guy was. Constantly touting his "mafia survivor" pedigree upon which his whole brand rests throughout the book. He claims that his very first memory was of a mob hit he witnessed (the first of several, as he says), he says that his dad beat up Henry Hill, he even said that his mom was breaking into homes and businesses while everyone was glued to their TVs watching the first moon landing. The book was filled with shit like that. I don't doubt that his dad was a gangster with the Gallos or whatever but this guy himself is a clown.
Bklyn21
Full Patched

Post by Bklyn21 »

If it smells like shit it's usually shit !
Bklyn21
Full Patched

Post by Bklyn21 »

Then he was almost inducted into the Decalvalcante family ? One extreme to the next
Bklyn21
Full Patched

Post by Bklyn21 »

He's affiliated with the Arrow linen guys , Johnny Arrow
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

He turned growing up near the Gallos into him being a know it all on them and the mob. He knows how to make money off it, I'll give him that. He has a photo of himself in the 1970's that he posted online, he looked like the Mook from Mean Streets.
Bklyn21
Full Patched

Post by Bklyn21 »

Everytime this guy flaps his gums nothing but pure BULLSHIT comes out ! The Q&A was ridiculous , He shot 4 pple left the life , Was about to be inducted in NJ , Was involved in the 2nd war , His name never comes up or appears anywhere in any reports or indictments or cases EVER !! This guy is like Jeff from Canarsie , He's all over the Map but Nowhere at all and pple believe this load of steaming hot stinking horse shit . Guy did nothing bit smoke pot and do drugs and daydream high up in the clouds , Nobody mentions his name or his father , Not Scarpa not anybody !! Walks around with his pinky ring smoking cigars and acting like I don't know what ? Guy seriously needs a good Psychiatrist and some Anti Psych meds
Bklyn21
Full Patched

Post by Bklyn21 »

The life was ruined so he left lmfao , He was never there to begin with ! His father knocking out Emile Griffith. SMH πŸ˜‚πŸ˜±πŸ€”πŸ™„πŸ€₯πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ™ŠπŸ™‰πŸ™ˆ I spit out my coffee for that one
Bklyn21
Full Patched

Post by Bklyn21 »

He was so low level he was 100 stories beneath the basement floor
Bklyn21
Full Patched

Post by Bklyn21 »

Next he'll be claiming he was going to be sent to New Orleans to revive the family and almost installed as the Boss
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

He wrote the book Growing Up Mafia right? And also mob candy magazine.

He made his not real dad, Ricky, seem like he was the biggest guy ever and he basically was biggest and best gallo soldier ever. Then u find he doesn't even get made.
"But was supposed to"
Lol he even gives advice to DeCavs capo
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

JeremyTheJew wrote: ↑Wed May 27, 2020 9:12 am He wrote the book Growing Up Mafia right? And also mob candy magazine.

He made his not real dad, Ricky, seem like he was the biggest guy ever and he basically was biggest and best gallo soldier ever. Then u find he doesn't even get made.
"But was supposed to"
You are right, he did publish Mob Candy.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

bert wrote: ↑Wed May 27, 2020 9:15 am
JeremyTheJew wrote: ↑Wed May 27, 2020 9:12 am He wrote the book Growing Up Mafia right? And also mob candy magazine.

"But was supposed to"
Did u read the book???
I read the book at a real hard time in my life where I had lots of free time. So I remmember wanted to even read part 2
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

JeremyTheJew wrote: ↑Wed May 27, 2020 10:09 am

"But was supposed to"
Did u read the book???
I read the book at a real hard time in my life where I had lots of free time. So I remmember wanted to even read part 2
No, I figured him as a faker, not a bad one though. He's looking to make money. His book on Persico, which I think was his third, seemed to sound like it came from a guy who knew little or nothing. I'm going by excerpts and reviews, plus a few interviews he did and comments he made about things.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

bert wrote: ↑Wed May 27, 2020 10:11 am
JeremyTheJew wrote: ↑Wed May 27, 2020 10:09 am

"But was supposed to"
Did u read the book???
No, I figured him as a faker, not a bad one though. He's looking to make money. His book on Persico, which I think was his third, seemed to sound like it came from a guy who knew little or nothing. I'm going by excerpts and reviews, plus a few interviews he did and comments he made about things.
Ya I never even tried that one

What was his second book?? I'm assuming growing up mafia was his first..

He wasn't the one that wrote The Mad Ones was he?? About Gallo gang.