General Mob Questions

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Hired_Goonz
Straightened out

Re: General Mob Questions

Post by Hired_Goonz »

I've never stepped foot in South Philly, but I was looking at it on street view or whatever, on Google maps. And it made me understand why a blocker car would be so important on a hit in that area. The streets are so damn tight and narrow, only room for one vehicle. All it would take to screw up your getaway would be someone idling on the street waiting for someone, or somebody having a hard time parallel parking or something along those lines. It's absolutely crucial that you have a blocker vehicle (maybe even several) strategically placed so that no other vehicles can impede your getaway route.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:05 pm I know there is many threads that have discussed this but;

-why is Luciano credited w the commission started by him?

-who really did start the commission??

-is it believed Luciano was poisoned bc of his book/movie deal that was in the works that the "little man" supposedly shut down..... While him himself was writing a book with someone else.,
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
SantoClaus
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by SantoClaus »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 8:10 pm
JeremyTheJew wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:05 pm I know there is many threads that have discussed this but;

-is it believed Luciano was poisoned bc of his book/movie deal that was in the works that the "little man" supposedly shut down..... While him himself was writing a book with someone else.,
Heard the poisoning was also related to some Cammorristo who slapped Luciano in Naples. In response, Luciano had him killed, for that as well as the book, they killed Luciano.
“To know and not to do, is not to know”
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

SantoClaus wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 9:10 pm

Heard the poisoning was also related to some Cammorristo who slapped Luciano in Naples. In response, Luciano had him killed, for that as well as the book, they killed Luciano.
Yes iv heard the story about him getting slapped didn't realize that it had anything to do with his death tho. Interesting.
SlapDatCorn2
Prospect

Post by SlapDatCorn2 »

How did the numbers game/lottery work? Like they'd buy a ticket and just hope they got a number or would there be additional payments to the tickets?
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

SlapDatCorn2 wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 7:21 pm How did the numbers game/lottery work? Like they'd buy a ticket and just hope they got a number or would there be additional payments to the tickets?
There were no tickets, you bet a 3 digit number and they used to go by the last 3 digits of the total made at a racetrack in the city where the game was played (Total Mutual Handle) So if the track had a total of $1,987,654 total it was listed in the paper at the bottom of the results from the racetrack. In the above example anyone who played 654 (the last 3 digits) won at 5 or 6 hundred to 1 odds. Since there are a thousand possible combinations that could come out, the numbers operators have a long term advantage. I don't know if they still go by the racetrack figure.

There are no tickets since that would be evidence. Runners had steady customers who always played the same number, they would know it by heart, for other times they would have a small list they could get rid of quickly in event of an arrest. This is bringing to mind the part of Mean Streets in the pool hall, where the runner won't pay the guy Joey and they go there to ask him to pay. The famous "Mook" scene.
Peppermint
Full Patched

Post by Peppermint »

I asked this question on my thread in the general forum, but considering it pertains to the mafia. I figured I would at least ask in this thread as well.

The question I posted in my thread is as followed;

“Anyone have any thoughts on this book? Published on the cia.gov library, no less.

https://www.cia.gov/library/abbottabad- ... nati.R.pdf

Makes some pretty bold claims, other than the usual fuckery. It makes the claim that the mob, under the umbrella of the Illuminati carries out 30% of their dirty work, and in some cases acted as a cell within the inner hierarchy.

https://books.google.com/books?id=Wk4VA ... ns&f=false

The same book, but on google highlighting said claims.”

Lots of Freemasons are union guys, even today. Business owners, big and small of all kinds. Lots in fields like construction, grocery, real estate, docks, and stocks. Lots of them like my grandfather (not great grandfather) are of Italian descent. Origins of their foundry, traced all through out Europe, and the Mediterranean. The old worlds of England, Germany, Egypt, Greece, and Italy. The stone-men that built the Roman Empire. Those who like the mafia, were resented and feared by Mussolini. The CIA often recruited Mafia figures for assassinations, and may have played a hand in the assassination of both John Kennedy, and his brother Bobby. But this post isn’t intended to be a debate, just wondering what people think of this. If you wish to debate about it, you can do so on my thread in the general forum.

So why not? Thoughts? I personally think it’s possible, but obviously I’m not as knowledgeable about the Mafia as the rest of you are.
It’s Blood alone, that moves the wheels of history
Slumpy
Straightened out

Post by Slumpy »

Is Richard V Gotti still active?
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

Hired_Goonz wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 9:42 am I've never stepped foot in South Philly, but I was looking at it on street view or whatever, on Google maps. And it made me understand why a blocker car would be so important on a hit in that area. The streets are so damn tight and narrow, only room for one vehicle. All it would take to screw up your getaway would be someone idling on the street waiting for someone, or somebody having a hard time parallel parking or something along those lines. It's absolutely crucial that you have a blocker vehicle (maybe even several) strategically placed so that no other vehicles can impede your getaway route.
Well said.
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
crabby appleton
Straightened out

Post by crabby appleton »

I don't know whether this question should go here, but has anyone had any experience with or any knowledge about either of these two New York City restaurants?

I think Giando is in Williamsburg or at least its located on Kent Avenue near the Williamsburg bridge going into lower Manhattan. Angelo's is in Little Italy on Mulberry Street in Manhattan.

Giando on the Water
400 Kent Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11249
https://www.giandoonthewater.com/

Angelo's of Mulberry Street
146 Mulberry Street
New York, NY 10013
http://www.angelosofmulberryst.com/?fbc ... MoxkndlYqg
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

I wonder if there was an autopsy.?
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

bert wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 7:40 pm
SlapDatCorn2 wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 7:21 pm How did the numbers game/lottery work? Like they'd buy a ticket and just hope they got a number or would there be additional payments to the tickets?
There were no tickets, you bet a 3 digit number and they used to go by the last 3 digits of the total made at a racetrack in the city where the game was played (Total Mutual Handle) So if the track had a total of $1,987,654 total it was listed in the paper at the bottom of the results from the racetrack. In the above example anyone who played 654 (the last 3 digits) won at 5 or 6 hundred to 1 odds. Since there are a thousand possible combinations that could come out, the numbers operators have a long term advantage. I don't know if they still go by the racetrack figure.

There are no tickets since that would be evidence. Runners had steady customers who always played the same number, they would know it by heart, for other times they would have a small list they could get rid of quickly in event of an arrest. This is bringing to mind the part of Mean Streets in the pool hall, where the runner won't pay the guy Joey and they go there to ask him to pay. The famous "Mook" scene.

So this got me thinking about when I was in bed stuy at the corner of Bedford Ave and Greene st there was a laundry Matt who had a giant privacy fence around the side. Which I learned was the back which was a fully functional numbers operation.

Ud go thru a wood fence then walk down a step to a buzzed In door to another which led to a room that had a little window where they took #s bets ALL DAY.

They would actually have a big sheet that had cartoons w like drawings of "yesterday comon #" or "try this" etc etc.

So eventually that specific area went under gentrification and lost that club but would that area be mafia controlled #s operation u think??

Also- fun fact:
I learned that the guys at my work who actively play the #s EVERY day, we're not talking about the state lotto. Very surprised that #s in Detroit is active also
SantoClaus
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by SantoClaus »

Frank wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 10:11 am

I wonder if there was an autopsy.?
I’ve read yes, as well as no. With such a legendary figure like Luciano, who knows.

It seems that Vito Rizzuto didn’t have an autopsy done on him.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

SantoClaus wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 10:47 am It seems that Vito Rizzuto didn’t have an autopsy done on him.

He was most likely poisoned by his right hand man Declan Gardiner.

Pogo
Last edited by Pogo The Clown on Tue May 19, 2020 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
SantoClaus
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by SantoClaus »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 10:55 am
SantoClaus wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 10:47 am It seems that Vito Rizzuto didn’t have an autopsy done on him.

He was most likely posited by his right hand man Declan Gardiner.

Pogo
Lol that show was trash, IMO!!