Steven Crea and the Murder of Michael Meldish - PT 1-7

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Peppermint
Full Patched

Re: Steven Crea and the Murder of Michael Meldish - PT 1

Post by Peppermint »

Extortion wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 12:45 pm
mafiastudent wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 12:25 pm
Extortion wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 12:23 pm yeah I mean I don’t think they had any real proof to get Crea as I said earlier. It does appear the case relied on lying government witnesses and informants but nothing is ever crystal clear.
And that's the point. you can't convict someone if the prosecution can't prove beyond a reasonable doubt that someone is guilty. They didn't prove that which is why they threw in Pinkerton to secure the conviction.
Why don’t you send your essay to the court then? Maybe they can see their flaws better this way...We don’t have much power to change anything online except portions of public opinion.
The courts will never recognize such a thing. Anytime the courts happen to convict someone who is actually innocent. It takes twice the evidence needed to even convict in the first place, or the actually perpetrator of the crime to come forward and confess (personally I would never lol) in order for the court to acknowledge it’s incompetence in that sentencing, and annual the originally accused as innocent.

Why does it take so much effort? Money.
Money > Justice
It’s Blood alone, that moves the wheels of history
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Re: Steven Crea and the Murder of Michael Meldish - Pt 5

Post by mafiastudent »

Extortion wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 1:49 pm “And some how this is an acceptable method of operation? From a guy who obviously has a vendetta who is more than willing to do the FBI’s bidding because they share a common goal of “getting” somebody.“

That’s exactly how it works though..
I was expressing my opinion. And that's exactly how it works isn't acceptable which is also my opinion. It's not constitutional and is wrong in every which way. And my taxpayer dollars are being spent on this kind of bullshit and paying for guys like spinelli to do whatever they want - he's an employee of the government and still committing crimes and padding his pocket with that as well.

I can go into a whole diatribe about how the government has money for this BS and not other more valid things...but I won't.
Extortion
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Steven Crea and the Murder of Michael Meldish - Pt 5

Post by Extortion »

Extortion wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 1:49 pm “And some how this is an acceptable method of operation? From a guy who obviously has a vendetta who is more than willing to do the FBI’s bidding because they share a common goal of “getting” somebody.“

That’s exactly how it works though..
However these subjects are probably more likely to lie, yes...
“In Italian, La Cosa Nostra is also known as ‘our headache.’” -Jerry Anguilo
Hired_Goonz
Straightened out

Post by Hired_Goonz »

I don't really buy in to your overall "Italian Inquisition" narrative, but I definitely think law enforcement and the government play dirty a lot of the time and this case always seemed pretty foul to me. I'll admit that I only followed the case through the media, but where was the evidence? And this agent Otto is always in the middle of some fuckery. Looking forward to reading the rest of this.
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

Hired_Goonz wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 5:04 pm I don't really buy in to your overall "Italian Inquisition" narrative, but I definitely think law enforcement and the government play dirty a lot of the time and this case always seemed pretty foul to me. I'll admit that I only followed the case through the media, but where was the evidence? And this agent Otto is always in the middle of some fuckery. Looking forward to reading the rest of this.
The evidence is shown throughout the article...I give background and then go into the testimony including sidebars that the jury didn't hear where a lot of truths were revealed.
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

Dwalin2014 wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 10:47 am
bert wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 9:34 am
Dwalin2014 wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 10:13 pm
Peppermint wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 10:10 pm
Dwalin2014 wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 10:04 pm
mafiastudent wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 9:47 pm And he's innocent. Period. End of story.
"Innocent" and "not enough evidence" is NOT the same thing. There is no way you can KNOW whether he is innocent. By that logic, you can say for example that most of the major gangsters before the 80s were innocent of murder.
What about innocent until PROVEN guilty? Or is that just not a thing anymore. They weren’t proven guilty, and therefore are assumed to be innocent.
We're not in a courtroom right now. There have always been plenty of gangsters who got away with murder. You don't have to personally believe they are innocent even if you acknowledge there wasn't enough evidence to convict.

You have problems. Seriously.
So by your "logic", even guys like Carlo Gambino or Tommy Lucchese were completely innocent of any wrongdoing, since law enforcement never had evidence of them ordering any murders. For your information, reconstructions of facts made in a courtroom don't always reflect reality. An acquittal can be as much "wrongful" as a conviction. You can't honestly say you KNOW 100% whether he did it or not, and neither can I.

And again: WE'RE NOT IN A COURTROOM RIGHT NOW. Everybody is entitled to their opinion.
If the government "knows" a person is guilty, they need to show it in court fairly, not frame people because they "know" they did other things or got away with something in the past. Show it with proof. None of the people saying that they are fine with the government prosectuors cheating to convict someone would want to be at the end of an accusing finger and wind up in a trail, with the government going after them and the public turning a blind eye to it because "We know" they must be guilty. That includes Lucchese, Gambino, and whatever other name you want to drudge up.
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

Wait how was there no evidence on londionio? I thought they had pictures of his car at the scene or near the scene?
I agree with phat,I love those old fucks and he's right.we all got some cosa nostra in us.I personnely love the life.I think we on the forum would be the ultimate crew! - camerono
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

Pete wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 7:55 pm Wait how was there no evidence on londionio? I thought they had pictures of his car at the scene or near the scene?
If you're asking me, I meant anyone in general, and Crea regarding the case. As for the car at the scene that's another issue.
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

bert wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 9:15 pm
Pete wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 7:55 pm Wait how was there no evidence on londionio? I thought they had pictures of his car at the scene or near the scene?
If you're asking me, I meant anyone in general, and Crea regarding the case. As for the car at the scene that's another issue.
I agree that Crea or Madonna should not have been convicted of murder based on that snitch but to say Londonio and Caldwell also shouldn’t have been convicted when it does sound like there’s other evidence as where you lose me on this topic
I agree with phat,I love those old fucks and he's right.we all got some cosa nostra in us.I personnely love the life.I think we on the forum would be the ultimate crew! - camerono
FriendofFamily
Full Patched

Post by FriendofFamily »

I merged All Seven (7) Parts into the First Post. There may be a few intermittant posts in between but Just keep scrolling down all of the Topic is in one post.
Know which Game to Play
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

FriendofFamily wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 12:20 pm I merged All Seven (7) Parts into the First Post. There may be a few intermittant posts in between but Just keep scrolling down all of the Topic is in one post.
Thank you.
Hired_Goonz
Straightened out

Re: Steven Crea and the Murder of Michael Meldish - PT 1-7

Post by Hired_Goonz »

I was legitimately shocked by the comment the judge made about the late Charles Carnesi. "Well Carnesi said something about it, but a lot of people say he's a criminal anyway. But uh, I don't believe he was. That has nothing to do with this!" As if anyone else brought the guy up. She had conflicts all over the place and should have recused herself to begin with.
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

Hired_Goonz wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 9:27 pm I was legitimately shocked by the comment the judge made about the late Charles Carnesi. "Well Carnesi said something about it, but a lot of people say he's a criminal anyway. But uh, I don't believe he was. That has nothing to do with this!" As if anyone else brought the guy up. She had conflicts all over the place and should have recused herself to begin with.
Exactly. Thank you.
Sol
Admin

Post by Sol »

Jeremy, enough with dumb post, you've been here long enough to know not to do it in here, knock it off.......Soliai
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

Took me 3 days to make my way through this, but it was great. Unbelievable the games they played here. There's so much fuckery to go thru that i dont know where to begin. It was actually the charges against Vincent Bruno and Paul Cassano and the way that was handled that seemed the most egregious.

Id be curious to see what happened if this whole thing ended up being simply a murder case against Londonio and Caldwell brought on by the Bronx DA. I'm sure it'd end up with the same result but the road to get there wouldn't have been nearly as awful.

I spoke to a lawyer i know (who's worked OC cases and has actually been a GangLand source on a couple occasions) who was non plussed about this whole thing. Basically said that's the whole game, especially when it comes to trying to get Discovery, they always fuck around apparently