Steven Crea and the Murder of Michael Meldish - PT 1-7

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

mafiastudent
Full Patched

Re: Steven Crea and the Murder of Michael Meldish - PT 1

Post by mafiastudent »

mafiastudent wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 10:52 am
Wiseguy wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 10:38 am Holy hell. First, Campos, and now Crea? What is it with this crusade of your's? And multiple threads on the same thing?
If you look at the tool of this post...Soliai gave me permission to post multiple threads because of the length. And yea Campos and Crea and whoever else I feel I want to talk about
In addition...I am on a crusade for the truth to shine through so people can weigh facts and accurate information - not misstatements and falsities
dack2001
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by dack2001 »

I'm not saying you're wrong here. In fact, I agree that Crea is wrongfully convicted and I hope he wins his appeal. All I'm saying is that sometimes the writing style is a bit on the strident side. You have to remember not everyone comes to the situation with the same attitudes that you have and you can end up turning off otherwise sympathetic people.
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

dack2001 wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 11:24 am I'm not saying you're wrong here. In fact, I agree that Crea is wrongfully convicted and I hope he wins his appeal. All I'm saying is that sometimes the writing style is a bit on the strident side. You have to remember not everyone comes to the situation with the same attitudes that you have and you can end up turning off otherwise sympathetic people.
I understand, but I wrote what I wrote and how I wrote it and despite whatever anyone feels about my snarky remarks and opinions...the facts are laid out. This has nothing to do with sympathy or seeking sympathy...it has to do with the truth.
Extortion
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Extortion »

dack2001 wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 11:24 am I'm not saying you're wrong here. In fact, I agree that Crea is wrongfully convicted and I hope he wins his appeal. All I'm saying is that sometimes the writing style is a bit on the strident side. You have to remember not everyone comes to the situation with the same attitudes that you have and you can end up turning off otherwise sympathetic people.
Right. Exactly my point. The government does not play fair with many of these OC figures because they KNOW they have done things in the past they cannot get them on through traditional means. Is it wrong? I don’t know but they either certainly felt they needed to lock these guys up or they are just on a witchhunt to put feathers in their caps. I appreciate the hard work and research but Hard to say but again the writing style is SO hard to sit through because it sympathizes with one side. These guys are not organized criminals because they don’t commit hanus crimes because many do. I mean in many making ceremonies the gun or knife is on the table. They might not be killing now but this organization killed hundreds and hundreds of people that also had families and loved ones. Not saying Crea did anything but he clearly wanted to be associated with LCN.

And I also think Creas were wrongly convicted but this is the life they chose. Crea was most certainly going to murder Carl U. And I think because of this attitude they can kill anyone who is disrespectful brings more heat.

But the jury convicted them anyways so thank god for the american jury system, an honest jury? If they did not have the evidence to convict, why did the jury convict them? The jury was sympathetic with prosecutors?
“In Italian, La Cosa Nostra is also known as ‘our headache.’” -Jerry Anguilo
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

Extortion wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 12:06 pm
Right. Exactly my point. The government does not play fair with many of these OC figures because they KNOW they have done things in the past they cannot get them on through traditional means. Is it wrong? I don’t know but they either certainly felt they needed to lock these guys up or they are just on a witchhunt to put feathers in their caps. I appreciate the hard work and research but Hard to say but again the writing style is SO hard to sit through because it sympathizes with one side. These guys are not organized criminals because they don’t commit hanus crimes because many do. I mean in many making ceremonies the gun or knife is on the table. They might not be killing now but this organization killed hundreds and hundreds of people that also had families and loved ones. Not saying Crea did anything but he clearly wanted to be associated with LCN.

And I also think Creas were wrongly convicted but this is the life they chose. Crea was most certainly going to murder Carl U. And I think because of this attitude they can kill anyone who is disrespectful brings more heat.

But the jury convicted them anyways so thank god for the american jury system, an honest jury? If they did not have the evidence to convict, why did the jury convict them? The jury was sympathetic with prosecutors?
Just to clear up a point...the Ulzheimer event never happened. Read Bruno's letter. Also Crea was acquitted on the Ulzheimer charge. The jury convicted because the judge added the Pinkerton rule to their instructions. The last page of the article explains what that is...and how it was used in the conviction.
Extortion
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Extortion »

mafiastudent wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 12:11 pm

Just to clear up a point...the Ulzheimer event never happened. Read Bruno's letter. Also Crea was acquitted on the Ulzheimer charge. The jury convicted because the judge added the Pinkerton rule to their instructions. The last page of the article explains what that is...and how it was used in the conviction.
Oh my bad. I didn’t read the whole thing its very long and I did not read about the Pinkerton rule. Ill check it out.
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

Extortion wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 12:13 pm
mafiastudent wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 12:11 pm

Oh my bad. I didn’t read the whole thing its very long and I did not read about the Pinkerton rule. Ill check it out.
It's in the thread Steven Crea and the Murder of Michael meldish -- with no part number....Soliai is going to fix up the thread titles for me later.

And I know it's long but that's the only way the story could be told. I wasn't taking a side, I was presenting the truth and offering both sides of the testimony and factual information about the informants. Did I have an opinion and share that opinion...yes.
Extortion
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Extortion »

yeah I mean I don’t think they had any real proof to get Crea as I said earlier. It does appear the case relied on lying government witnesses and informants but nothing is ever crystal clear.
Extortion
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Extortion »

The government witnesses were a joke I will certainly agree with you on that..
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

Extortion wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 12:23 pm yeah I mean I don’t think they had any real proof to get Crea as I said earlier. It does appear the case relied on lying government witnesses and informants but nothing is ever crystal clear.
And that's the point. you can't convict someone if the prosecution can't prove beyond a reasonable doubt that someone is guilty. They didn't prove that which is why they threw in Pinkerton to secure the conviction.
Extortion
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Extortion »

mafiastudent wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 12:25 pm
Extortion wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 12:23 pm yeah I mean I don’t think they had any real proof to get Crea as I said earlier. It does appear the case relied on lying government witnesses and informants but nothing is ever crystal clear.
And that's the point. you can't convict someone if the prosecution can't prove beyond a reasonable doubt that someone is guilty. They didn't prove that which is why they threw in Pinkerton to secure the conviction.
Why don’t you send your essay to the court then? Maybe they can see their flaws better this way...We don’t have much power to change anything online except portions of public opinion.
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

Extortion wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 12:45 pm
mafiastudent wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 12:25 pm
Why don’t you send your essay to the court then? Maybe they can see their flaws better this way...We don’t have much power to change anything online except portions of public opinion.
That's why I wrote the article to expose the truth because I was outraged. It's published online for the world to see. I just posted it here so everyone could read it without having to leave the forum.
Peppermint
Full Patched

Re: Steven Crea and the Murder of Michael Meldish Pt 8

Post by Peppermint »

Just a suggestion, you should include the links for part 1-7 in the thread, that way it’ll be easier for readers to keep track of instead of having to jump around the forum. You should as well do the same for the relevant threads.

1-2
1-3
1-4
1-5
1-6
1-7
And this one 1-8

Needless to say, it was some what of a hassle having to navigate to go from thread to thread to read the story with others and I’m sure other people had the same problem.

Otherwise, I really enjoyed the story and thank you for sharing it.
It’s Blood alone, that moves the wheels of history
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Re: Steven Crea and the Murder of Michael Meldish Pt 8

Post by mafiastudent »

Good idea. I'll take care of that in a bit. And thank you.
Extortion
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Steven Crea and the Murder of Michael Meldish - Pt 5

Post by Extortion »

“And some how this is an acceptable method of operation? From a guy who obviously has a vendetta who is more than willing to do the FBI’s bidding because they share a common goal of “getting” somebody.“

That’s exactly how it works though..