Understanding Chicago

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

funkster
Full Patched

Re: Understanding Chicago

Post by funkster »

This is great stuff, thanks Villain.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Would love to know who the informant was that the Espositos were shaking down, even if it's a low level unknown.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

funkster wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 11:04 am Would love to know who the informant was that the Espositos were shaking down, even if it's a low level unknown.
You are welcome.

Yeah I wonder about the same thing, and its also interesting on how deeply Alex got involved in the situation and said a lot of stuff to a "stranger", considering Alex was always careful and very paranoid. Although this very much confirms that Tornabene worked for Alex and Ferraro. Another interesting thing is that Bertucci was under Caruso but still, they didnt mention Skids in this venture...it seems everyone was placed under direct questioning by Alex and Ferraro
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Heres another quite interesting situation, but the thing which caught my eye at the time was Humphreys' reference to the commission, meaning he was quite aware regarding some specific problems that should be placed only on the round table, especially if the problem involves another family...

Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
FriendofFamily
Full Patched

Post by FriendofFamily »

Louis P. Brady real name was:

Luigi Pietro Coliachin
Know which Game to Play
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

FriendofFamily wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 12:50 pm Louis P. Brady real name was:

Luigi Pietro Coliachin
Thanks i thought it was Coticchia or something like that...
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

Villain wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 2:51 am Heres one small but quite deadly chat between Accardo and Alex...Ricca is also present...

Looks like Alex wasn't asked to leave the room because he was Greek.
" Everything Woke turns to shit".
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Confederate wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 12:49 am
Villain wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 2:51 am Heres one small but quite deadly chat between Accardo and Alex...Ricca is also present...

Looks like Alex wasn't asked to leave the room because he was Greek.
You are damn right.

Heres the whole convo....

First Alex talked about some type of call which Accardo should receive, but Ricca corrected him that he, meaning Alex should take those same types of calls.

Then they talked about one contract/murder and Alex informed Accardo that he received the contract and it was perfectly executed. This means that Alex received the contract from the underboss and spread it to the needed crew for the job. They were talking about the 1962 murder of Virgil Summers.

Second, they talked about some other target which they refered to as the "little guy" and that he should be found fast, possibly Summers' brother known as "Little Monk".

After that Accardo says that he wants to go on vacation and told Alex that he was going to receive the rest of the contracts after Accardo comes back.

In the end, Alex asked Ricca about his relatives in Italy and that he is planning to go there. Accardo thought that he was going on vacation but Alex corrected him that he was going on "skiing", which in fact was a slang for Alex's special travels around Europe regarding large dirty money transfers to some Swiss banks for example, and also some money laundering operations.

Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:29 pm
B. wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:45 pm Milwaukee member CI Augie Maniaci described Capone as a Camorrista who was being abused by Aiello, so Capone began paying tribute to Masseria for protection. Following further abuse from Aiello, Maniaci says Capone was inducted into the Masseria family and promoted to capodecina to protect him further and ordered him to kill Aiello.

Nick Gentile confirms a similar story. He says Capone was paying tribute to Masseria and Lombardo told him to stop paying. When Masseria learned of Lombardo's meddling, he inducted Capone as a member, promoted him to capodecina, and ordered him to kill Lombardo and Aiello.

Interesting. I hadn't heard some of this before. Paying tribute to Masseria makes since Capone was close to that group from his NY days and I'm sure having at top Boss like that on his side had its benefits.

Though I find it hard to believe that he was being abused by Aiello and needed protection from Masseria. By the time Aiello became a Boss Capone was for all intents the power in Chicago and led a huge army compared to Aiello's small group. Also didn't Capone have the two previous LCN bosses (Patsy Lolardo and Joseph Giunta) before Aiello killed? If had the power to have 2 Bosses killed within a year why would he allow himself to be abused by their replacement in Aiello?

I don't recall but did Capone have the Bosses of the Chicago Heights family killed as well or dId that come from someone else?

Pogo
Aiello was allied with Bugs Moran to try & destroy Capone. In the Castellammare War, Aiello purportedly supported forces AGAINST Masseria. Aiello was killed in 1930 by Capone gunman. Capone didn't need anybody's protection or anybody's permission to do anything in Chicago.
Dwalin2014
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dwalin2014 »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:29 pm Also didn't Capone have the two previous LCN bosses (Patsy Lolardo and Joseph Giunta) before Aiello killed?
Was Lolordo also killed by Capone? Not by Aiello and Moran?
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

Dwalin2014 wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 5:11 pm
Pogo The Clown wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:29 pm Also didn't Capone have the two previous LCN bosses (Patsy Lolardo and Joseph Giunta) before Aiello killed?
Lolordo was killed by Moran gunmen in 1929. Lolordo was an ally of Capone & head of the Unione Siciliana. After his murder, the St. Valentine's Day Massacre plan started to be formulated by Capone.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Confederate wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 5:54 pm
Lolordo was killed by Moran gunmen in 1929. Lolordo was an ally of Capone & head of the Unione Siciliana. After his murder, the St. Valentine's Day Massacre plan started to be formulated by Capone.
If Lolordo was recognized as the head of the Chi family, and Capone was a capodecina at the time, I wonder who was Lolordos underboss? Bacino? I doubt it was Aiello...
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

I think I was remembering the St. Valentine's Day Massacre movie. If I remember right in the movie Lolardo and Moran were allies and they killed Tony Lombardo who was Capone's close friend. So in retaliation Capone killed Lolardo and ordered the massacre.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 7:47 pm

I think I was remembering the St. Valentine's Day Massacre movie. If I remember right in the movie Lolardo and Moran were allies and they killed Tony Lombardo who was Capone's close friend. So in retaliation Capone killed Lolardo and ordered the massacre.

Pogo
Everytime I read about early Chicago, some type of Italian opera is playing in the back of my mind lol

The reality was that Aiello ordered the hit on Lolordo and I personally believe that the Moran gang worked either for him or with him. Aiello obviously had the backing from the "opposition" in NY
Dwalin2014
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dwalin2014 »

Villain wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 9:48 pm The reality was that Aiello ordered the hit on Lolordo and I personally believe that the Moran gang worked either for him or with him.
It might be slightly off-topic in this case, but in your opinion, in the Angelo Genna murder in 1925, was the North Side gang working for Aiello too or was it their own initiative?