Marco D’Amico died

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Pete
Full Patched

Re: Marco D’Amico died

Post by Pete »

Ivan wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:17 pm
Pete wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:08 pm
Patrickgold wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:49 pm
Pete wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:22 pm Also I wanna add yes the list of confirmed made members are almost all very old and while I still feel the outfit is on its last legs it has many younger guys like nick ferriola, John rainone, Anthony giannone, Andy rovito, carparelli, I could name many more. Are any of them made? Nothing says they are but we won’t really know unless indictments or someone flips. A lot of the younger guys are involved in credit card stuff and drugs as well as the usual staples. Doesn’t mean they aren’t dying but the made list can be a bit misleading
I agree with you on this. From the names you mentioned above, I would take off John Rainone bc I belief he did cooperate with authorities. Anthony Giannone is a jack of all trades and even though he did cooperate with authorities in the early 2000s, it was against John Santucci, from Crime Story and Thief fame, who himself was a CI for 30 plus years and set him up.
I get what your saying I’m just giving examples the outfit isn’t all geriatrics there’s younger guys out there.
What's Carparelli up to these days? He's out already right? Everything that guy said was funny, he should have been a comedian instead of a gangster.
Looks like he became a biker all his recent pictures are on motorcycles. The higher ups like solly d were probably non too happy their names picked up on wiretaps plus sollys guy Mickey Davis went down too. He’s prob out for all intents and purposes
I agree with phat,I love those old fucks and he's right.we all got some cosa nostra in us.I personnely love the life.I think we on the forum would be the ultimate crew! - camerono
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

What about the spirizzi or bonavolante bros. I think one of the bonavolantes did like double digit time for dealing. Is there even another set of brothers didomencos i think who were busted for bookmaking?
Just because we havent heard anything from law enforcement does not mean they are not operating. Idk what it means I just know that there is always more guys around then gets discussed
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Tonyd621 wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:40 pm What about the spirizzi or bonavolante bros. I think one of the bonavolantes did like double digit time for dealing. Is there even another set of brothers didomencos i think who were busted for bookmaking?
Just because we havent heard anything from law enforcement does not mean they are not operating. Idk what it means I just know that there is always more guys around then gets discussed
Not sure about the current status of them. The Spirizzi bros are old. I believe they are still alive but am unsure if they are still active. What you say is true. You look at indictments over the years and official charts, you names on there and nobody talks about them or list them. And they are still alive. Are they active? That’s the question.
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

Patrickgold wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:12 am
Tonyd621 wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:40 pm What about the spirizzi or bonavolante bros. I think one of the bonavolantes did like double digit time for dealing. Is there even another set of brothers didomencos i think who were busted for bookmaking?
Not sure about the current status of them. The Spirizzi bros are old. I believe they are still alive but am unsure if they are still active. What you say is true. You look at indictments over the years and official charts, you names on there and nobody talks about them or list them. And they are still alive. Are they active? That’s the question.
I believe John spizziri is dead he lived in norridge and there was an obituary back in 14. Richard if he’s still alive he old. Haven’t heard anything about either of them for 20 years. One of the spizziris was involved in a trucking company with Anthony chiaramonti and magnafichi.
I agree with phat,I love those old fucks and he's right.we all got some cosa nostra in us.I personnely love the life.I think we on the forum would be the ultimate crew! - camerono
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

I know the names have been brought up before, but what about guys like Mike Raguso, Jimmy Diguilio, Tony Levato etc...all were relatively young in the early 90s and had featured in prominent Tribune articles about big bookmaking busts. Always interesting to find the names you dont hear much about.
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

funkster wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:00 am I know the names have been brought up before, but what about guys like Mike Raguso, Jimmy Diguilio, Tony Levato etc...all were relatively young in the early 90s and had featured in prominent Tribune articles about big bookmaking busts. Always interesting to find the names you dont hear much about.
Not sure about any of them anyone heard anything about a1 mike zitello? Also haven’t heard anything about him since the early 90’s
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Pete wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:21 am
funkster wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:00 am I know the names have been brought up before, but what about guys like Mike Raguso, Jimmy Diguilio, Tony Levato etc...all were relatively young in the early 90s and had featured in prominent Tribune articles about big bookmaking busts. Always interesting to find the names you dont hear much about.
Not sure about any of them anyone heard anything about a1 mike zitello? Also haven’t heard anything about him since the early 90’s
He is apparently in Florida. I've seen a recent picture of him posted.
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

Side note anyone who wants to read about Marco read bob cooleys book when corruption was king. Him and Marco were close and there’s a lot of info about him in there
FriendofFamily
Full Patched

Post by FriendofFamily »

Pete wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:38 pm
Wiseguy wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:08 am Also, are we saying Nicholas Cautadella isn't made and Jerry Scalise is?
Nick cataudella is almost certainly made. He had been identified as such for many years now. Scalise surprises me
Are we talking Diamond Jerry Scalise?
Know which Game to Play
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Back in 2011, Fosco mentioned that the board of members for the Central Grocers included alleged organized crime figures such as Dominick Gambino, Tony Ingraffia and Paul Butera Sr., who were allegedly tied to the Outfit and were about to sell the company for much lesser price. Do you know or ever heard anything regarding these fellas?

In 2017 Foscos allegations came true since the Central Grocers was purchased by a Minnesota-based grocery company for $61,000,000; a price which according to the sellers was well below the appraised value. The interesting thing was that all of the previously mentioned individuals declined to comment on anything at the time.

I found something on Butera Sr and he is possibly connected to some old time Northsiders but i still need few confirmations, although i dont have a clue about Gambino or Ingraffia. There was one John Ingraffia fella who worked for one time boss of the North Ross Prio back in the days, so maybe he is related to this Tony?

Even though the gov never opened this case, still im very interested in that situation since the food biz was always one of the Outfits main rackets (especially the former Northsiders) and this happened like only 3 years ago. They also did similar things back in 2012 with the 99.4 million O’Hare Airport janitorial contract and in 2014 we still have Daddono Jr obtaining contracts in MP but the gov allegedly didnt have enough evidences to go after him and so they only placed the info in the newspapers, although thats an "old" case...just saying...we need to investigate these "recent" stuff on who was who in these same situations and try to make one list regarding all of these alleged "associates"...obviously if we are able to find some info...
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Villain wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 9:49 am
Back in 2011, Fosco mentioned that the board of members for the Central Grocers included alleged organized crime figures such as Dominick Gambino, Tony Ingraffia and Paul Butera Sr., who were allegedly tied to the Outfit and were about to sell the company for much lesser price. Do you know or ever heard anything regarding these fellas?

In 2017 Foscos allegations came true since the Central Grocers was purchased by a Minnesota-based grocery company for $61,000,000; a price which according to the sellers was well below the appraised value. The interesting thing was that all of the previously mentioned individuals declined to comment on anything at the time.

I found something on Butera Sr and he is possibly connected to some old time Northsiders but i still need few confirmations, although i dont have a clue about Gambino or Ingraffia. There was one John Ingraffia fella who worked for one time boss of the North Ross Prio back in the days, so maybe he is related to this Tony?

Even though the gov never opened this case, still im very interested in that situation since the food biz was always one of the Outfits main rackets (especially the former Northsiders) and this happened like only 3 years ago. They also did similar things back in 2012 with the 99.4 million O’Hare Airport janitorial contract and in 2014 we still have Daddono Jr obtaining contracts in MP but the gov allegedly didnt have enough evidences to go after him and so they only placed the info in the newspapers, although thats an "old" case...just saying...we need to investigate these "recent" stuff on who was who in these same situations and try to make one list regarding all of these alleged "associates"...obviously if we are able to find some info...
I vaguely remember that story, good memory. I find this new lawsuit, only mentions Ingraffia though.

https://progressivegrocer.com/central-g ... -directors
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Appears that Dominick Gambino and his newphew Tony Ingraffia are the founders of Tony's Finer Foods, which is a mid sized grocery story around here. Same, obviously for those in the area, with Butera.
FriendofFamily
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: Marco D’Amico died

Post by FriendofFamily »

funkster wrote:Appears that Dominick Gambino and his newphew Tony Ingraffia are the founders of Tony's Finer Foods, which is a mid sized grocery story around here. Same, obviously for those in the area, with Butera.
I saw Dominic (born Domenico) I think in February he's a nice guy.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Know which Game to Play
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

funkster wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 2:40 pm
Villain wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 9:49 am

I vaguely remember that story, good memory. I find this new lawsuit, only mentions Ingraffia though.

https://progressivegrocer.com/central-g ... -directors
Thanks a lot for both answers, since that clears the question regarding their connection and Ingraffia was obviously dirty.

As for Butera, some Chicago locals told me that he used to be associated with DiVarco and Solano, and possibly some West Side guys, but as I already said I need some solid evidence for those claims. It also possible that his father Giovanni previously knew some Outfit guys.

Giovanni landed straight from Palermo, Sicily in 1948, and worked in a bakery on W Grand Av, the home for many Sicilian members at the time. In 1950, the old man later went back to Sicily and again brought his hole family sometime around 1956 and opened up shop on the west side. Giovannis 1948 arrival is coincidential with the finishing of the conflict that occurred with Sicilian members from the North Side at the time.

Paul Butera first worked for Dominick DiMatteos food chain and later opened up shop in 63, on Chicagos northwest side, and years later all around the west and southwest parts.

It seems that Butera was associated with Victor Cacciatore Sr who was a known fraudster in the real estate and building development business, but he was always backed by Chicagos politicians because he allegedly donated a lot of cash for their campaigns through the years.

Cacciatore had a nephew Frank Cacciatore who during the 70s was involved in a huge car-theft ring, coincidentally the same time when the Outfit ruled that same racket. Frank worked with Gerald Ferraro, brother of Richie Ferraro and associate of Jimmy Catuara. So the question is, was Cacciatore Sr an Outfit guy?

There was also one Eugene Lefty Cacciatore who worked with Jimmy Legs, Mike LaJoy and them fellas, but im not sure if they were related.

In 1992, Butera leased his store space on the Northwest or W Division St to Vic Cacciatore Sr, "unknowingly" that Cacciatore was going to transformed it into business offices, which in fact was violation of state purchasing laws, but story goes that both were protected by politicians, since some of those same fellas constantly awarded Cacciatore with leases.

Barbara did similar stuff, followed by the DiFronzos and Daddono Jr, meaning often giving donations and in return, they constantly received state and city contracts, which in fact is a legal "corruption".

I dont know much about fellas like Cacciatore so maybe you, Snakes, Pete or Electricslim can tell me something about it?

Btw is Barbara still alive?
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

I presume you mean Fred Barbara, who as far as I know is still alive. Another interesting connection, it appears that Gambino is heavily involved in the Casa Italia club out in Stone Park (we know that area well). One of the board members is Pete Volpe.