Marco D’Amico died

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Snakes
Full Patched

Re: Marco D’Amico died

Post by Snakes »

I've never seen "consigliere" used by an informant or any other source. The only time I have ever seen it used in contemporary FBI documents was to describe Accardo's position in the eighties. This was probably just to generalize his position in terms familiar to the FBI.
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

Snakes wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:52 pm I've never seen "consigliere" used by an informant or any other source. The only time I have ever seen it used in contemporary FBI documents was to describe Accardo's position in the eighties. This was probably just to generalize his position in terms familiar to the FBI.
Exactly! It was le trying to fit them in a box of what they say is lcn. At the end of the day though it doesn’t and has never existed
I agree with phat,I love those old fucks and he's right.we all got some cosa nostra in us.I personnely love the life.I think we on the forum would be the ultimate crew! - camerono
Mustangsally
Straightened out

Post by Mustangsally »

Pete wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:55 pm
Snakes wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:52 pm I've never seen "consigliere" used by an informant or any other source. The only time I have ever seen it used in contemporary FBI documents was to describe Accardo's position in the eighties. This was probably just to generalize his position in terms familiar to the FBI.
Exactly! It was le trying to fit them in a box of what they say is lcn. At the end of the day though it doesn’t and has never existed
Doesnt exist in Chicago? Or do you mean anywhere?
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

Mustangsally wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:57 pm
Pete wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:55 pm
Doesnt exist in Chicago? Or do you mean anywhere?
Talking about Chicago specifically although some other smaller families might not have either. I feel like I remember reading Tampa never had that position as example or New Orleans. Obviously it’s a real position in all the ny families and others
I agree with phat,I love those old fucks and he's right.we all got some cosa nostra in us.I personnely love the life.I think we on the forum would be the ultimate crew! - camerono
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

The outfit is more loose. For instance there’s not many people that could tell Marco D’Amico what to do based on his experience and status. Same thing for solly d but that doesn’t mean they have an official title. And beyond that many guys didn’t call their superior capos for a long time. When Lombardo first became a “capo” is crew didn’t call him that they called him the boss as in the boss Of that crew of guys. The outfit doesn’t fit in a perfect organized box like ny. Never has never will and especially because they might not be regarded as viable within the next 10 years or so unless there’s some crazy amount of young made members to carry it on that no one knows about which is doubtful.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Pete wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:50 pm
Confederate wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:47 pm
Pete wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:35 pm
Patrickgold wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:05 pm
Moscone65 wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:22 am
Ivan wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:16 am
joerock wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:33 am Wonder who'll take over as consigliere now
I would bet even money that no one will take over as consigliere. The position (assuming D'Amico actually held it) will disappear, as part of the Outfit's general ongoing fadeout.
Dont forget how resiliant these guys are, just when you think they are down for the count, they almost always bounce back.
Peter Difronzo, Joe the builder are already advisors so they will easily fit in. But with my guess, those are No Nose’s old guard. Change of guard means new leadership. I’m thinking Solly D will become the official consigliere if he is not already
The outfit has never had an official consigliere position that was a le media creation
100% Correct.
Thank you for helping restore sanity. I don’t meant to be a stickler but I see all these posts talking about who had a position that never existed. It gets annoying. Im sure villain and snakes who are well researched on Chicago would agree with us but I don’t wanna speak for anyone else
Pete, I agree that the Outfit never used the term consigliere or even advisor as an official position but they always had one, going back to Torrio. At no part of Outfit history did they not have a former boss or other high ranking member that advised the boss and in many cases told the boss what to do. From Torrio, to Ricca, to Accardo, to DiFronzo and so on. Most of these guys that became advisors were bosses at one time and stepped aside. It’s debatable if they held more power than the actual boss and that might differ for each advisor. In regards to the builder and greedy Pete, that was the wrong statement for me to say that one of them would take that spot because they never left it. They both have been advisors of the Outfit for years.
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

Pete wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:35 pm And Pete and Joey A are old as hell and basically have nothing to do with the life they count their millions and wonder which day they’ll die
I would completely agree with you from a common sense point of view. Those two guys would need whatever is left of the Outfit like they would need a hole in their heads. Besides, in the video of DiFronzo having lunching in 2009, the only guys there with him were deactivated Elmwood Park Guys. There was nobody else there. It all coincides with the statement from that F.B.I. guy Jeff Sallet who said "the Outfit is running on Fumes".
" Everything Woke turns to shit".
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Guys I honest to god did not know that the Outfit had no consigliere, thanks for cluing me in.

Even Jerry Capeci spoke of a "Chicago Consigliere" who was the "final word" on things.
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

At the beginning or from 1931 until 1946, the Outfit had very similar top admin like the ones on the east coast. For example, they had a boss and his number two guy or underboss, and the the thrid guy was some type of advisor or a treasurer and main bookkeeper. This spot was first taken by Jake Guzik who in turn held it until the mid 1950s.

The multiple senior member positions were "born" during the late 1940s, while the top boss position was created during the mid 50s. The problem was that in 1947, there were too many top guys on the streets at the same time, including the recently released Ricca and Campagna, followed by the guys who ruled the Outfit while the bosses were in prison, Fischetti, Accardo and Guzik.

So thats 6 guys if we also include the rising Giancana and the younger generation. By the early 50s Accardo didnt want to step down for Ricca and so they made a deal and the result was by 1955 or 56, Ricca was the top boss, Accardo was the boss and Giancana the underboss. Now, by 51 Fischetti was one those senior advisers, followed by Campagna until 55, and Guzik until 56.

As I already said in one of my previous posts, there couldve been two or three advisors at the same time, but this guys can also change places. For example, Accardo was the senior advisor until Riccas death, and then became the top boss. Or in 73 and 74 Cerone was the senior adviser together with Giancana and Alex, but in 75 Giancana was dead, Alex remained in that position while Cerone became the underboss.
Last edited by Villain on Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:09 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

Ivan wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:34 pm Guys I honest to god did not know that the Outfit had no consigliere, thanks for cluing me in.

Even Jerry Capeci spoke of a "Chicago Consigliere" who was the "final word" on things.
I apologize but I’ve been trying to set this straight for years and I only got a handful of guys that have done the research and know the truth and agree with me
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

Pete wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:06 pm The outfit is more loose. For instance there’s not many people that could tell Marco D’Amico what to do based on his experience and status. Same thing for solly d but that doesn’t mean they have an official title. And beyond that many guys didn’t call their superior capos for a long time. When Lombardo first became a “capo” is crew didn’t call him that they called him the boss as in the boss Of that crew of guys. The outfit doesn’t fit in a perfect organized box like ny. Never has never will and especially because they might not be regarded as viable within the next 10 years or so unless there’s some crazy amount of young made members to carry it on that no one knows about which is doubtful.
This is also spot on IMO.
" Everything Woke turns to shit".
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

Confederate wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:21 pm
Pete wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:35 pm And Pete and Joey A are old as hell and basically have nothing to do with the life they count their millions and wonder which day they’ll die
I would completely agree with you from a common sense point of view. Those two guys would need whatever is left of the Outfit like they would need a hole in their heads. Besides, in the video of DiFronzo having lunching in 2009, the only guys there with him were deactivated Elmwood Park Guys. There was nobody else there. It all coincides with the statement from that F.B.I. guy Jeff Sallet who said "the Outfit is running on Fumes".
I’ve said in these forums before I lived in elmwood Park many years and would see Joey A all they time because he lives in river first and they border each other. He lives in a mansion and I haven’t seen him even at the Pancake house in many years. Same thing Pete difronzo while I didn’t live by him I know his family through John difronzo III. Pete lives in a house that puts Joey A to shame. These guys are ancient is it possible they still talk to outfit guys and give their opinion? Maybe but saying they are active is completely not true. I’ve also said for the last year I’ve lived in lake county and see solly d around you don’t have to look hard. He’s at his business all day then goes out a little at night. I’ve never seen him with anyone but his wife who is at least 30 years younger or his kids or grandkids. Yes maybe I’m wrong but he don’t seem like a mob boss.genuinely nice easy going guy. I heard his son solly jr was the icing on the cake and he’s almost completely out of the life now. Maybe I’m wrong but all the articles online Saying Dino Marino is his chauffeur etc I’ve never seen that. Dino lives by my son which is almost an hour away from where solly lives I’ve never seen them together. On the other hand in elm wood park I would seee Tony dote and Nick cataudella all the tine. You wouldn’t believe how people treat dote he’s like a king when he comes in the bar. Nice guy very respectful but people fall all over themselves when he parks his Escalade on the sidewalk at the bar. Anyways......
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Pete wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:05 pm
Ivan wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:34 pm Guys I honest to god did not know that the Outfit had no consigliere, thanks for cluing me in.

I apologize but I’ve been trying to set this straight for years and I only got a handful of guys that have done the research and know the truth and agree with me
No need to apologize Pete, I was thanking you. :lol:
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Pete wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:16 pm
Confederate wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:21 pm
I’ve said in these forums before I lived in elmwood Park many years and would see Joey A all they time because he lives in river first and they border each other. He lives in a mansion and I haven’t seen him even at the Pancake house in many years. Same thing Pete difronzo while I didn’t live by him I know his family through John difronzo III. Pete lives in a house that puts Joey A to shame. These guys are ancient is it possible they still talk to outfit guys and give their opinion? Maybe but saying they are active is completely not true. I’ve also said for the last year I’ve lived in lake county and see solly d around you don’t have to look hard. He’s at his business all day then goes out a little at night. I’ve never seen him with anyone but his wife who is at least 30 years younger or his kids or grandkids. Yes maybe I’m wrong but he don’t seem like a mob boss.genuinely nice easy going guy. I heard his son solly jr was the icing on the cake and he’s almost completely out of the life now. Maybe I’m wrong but all the articles online Saying Dino Marino is his chauffeur etc I’ve never seen that. Dino lives by my son which is almost an hour away from where solly lives I’ve never seen them together. On the other hand in elm wood park I would seee Tony dote and Nick cataudella all the tine. You wouldn’t believe how people treat dote he’s like a king when he comes in the bar. Nice guy very respectful but people fall all over themselves when he parks his Escalade on the sidewalk at the bar. Anyways......
Pete, I live right across the border from elmwood in Chicago. After the loon, these guys all started meeting at the place off of Mannheim close to the cemetery. Not sure if they will after D’Amico died. Pete has the construction in Melrose that employs a lot of the guys. Pete gave my friends dad a job there after he got out of the joint and he also had a scrap metal place in the city. Guy is a millionaire like you said. I agree he would never get involved enough to go to jail. I never seen Dote out in elmwood park but use to see Carl Dote at Danny’s and at his restaurant in Des Plaines before it closed. Do you ever go to Jimmy I’s place in elmwood?

Solly D’s son died in a motorcycle ancient, right? I know he has successful businesses in mchenry county. Where in Lake County do you see him?
FriendofFamily
Full Patched

Post by FriendofFamily »

Bosses and Captains

and

Everybody else

or just say connected on some of them
Know which Game to Play