Marco D’Amico died

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Antiliar
Full Patched

Re: Marco D’Amico died

Post by Antiliar »

Wiseguy wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:56 am
Good breakdown. Another way to examine it is to look at the list of members/possible members who have died since the FBI specified 28 members in 2007.

Frank Calabrese, Sr. (2012)
James Cerone (2012)
James Vincent Cozzo (2007)
Marco D'Amico (2020)
Charles DiCaro (2011)
John DiFronzo (2018)
Joseph Grieco (2013)
Joseph Lombardo (2019)
Louis Marino (2017)
Bernard Morgano (2010)
Alfonso Tornabene (2009)
Red Wemette says that Cozzo wasn't made, at least when he was around. He said he would have replaced Lombardo when he went to prison, but since he wasn't made it went to Eboli.
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

Antiliar wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:34 pm
Confederate wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:20 pm
Antiliar wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:18 am
Wiseguy wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:08 am Also, are we saying Nicholas Cautadella isn't made and Jerry Scalise is?
Gerald Scarpelli id'd Scalise as a made guy. I'll qualify it by saying that according to Scarpelli's 302 it appeared that he said that Scalise was a made member. I haven't seen evidence that Nicholas Cautadella was ever made. I'm not saying that he definitely isn't made, only that no evidence has been presented. Guilt by association isn't evidence. But if you have actual evidence such as testimony, please share it. So for now, I'm saying that he *probably* is not made (but I won't rule it out as a possibility).
What do you think of Frank Cullotta? Have you seen any of his videos? On one of his videos, he said that he "turned down" being a made man BEFORE he went to Las Vegas but AFTER he was sent there, he became a made man because Tony Spilotro was the only made man out there from Chicago at that time. I don't know, some of his stories are entertaining but I get the impression from listening to him that he doesn't let the truth get in the way of a good story if you know what I mean. lol
I saw that episode of Coffee with Cullotta. He said he was made by Spilotro in Las Vegas without any kind of ceremony. I doubt it carried any weight except inside of their group. As for his honesty, I think he honestly reports what he remembers. I don't see any indication of deception. He's basically reporting what he believes to be true. To me, it seems as if these videos are a kind of final confession before dying. He wants to set the record straight as he sees it. If he says that Spilotro told him he was made, then I believe that Spilotro probably told him that. He also said that Joe Ferriola was the boss after Aiuppa went to prison, although Bill Jahoda, Lenny Patrick, Gerry Scarpelli and Nick Calabrese all said Carlisi was. He's mistaken, but I believe he's sincerely mistaken.
He also said that in Chicago Spilotro was of higher stature than Lombardo. Again, in "his" perception. I think Cullotta is a good example of at least some of these CI'S who are not lying, but instead giving their "perception" of what they see in this secret society, since not everything is always spelled out for them on a flow chart like in a legitimate Enterprise. That's why we often get "conflicting" statements. Also, often times their statements are completely prejudiced like the way Cullotta talked about Andriacchi. Bottom line is that I agree with you 100%.
" Everything Woke turns to shit".
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

This is where Scott wrote that Anthony Calabrese was made, based on law enforcement sources.
https://gangsterreport.com/white-house- ... in-prison/

Regarding Sarno making guys, Scott wrote: "According to underworld and law enforcement sources, Sarno brought into the fold and possibly inducted a group of Cicero-based hoodlums..."
https://gangsterreport.com/high-ranking ... eacemaker/

Scott does rely on the Chicago Crime Commission, current and former law enforcement officials (including Jim Wagner), and "underworld sources." Not all of those sources are necessarily correct, so he does qualify.

It's usually written that the last ceremonies were in the 1980s. Quoting an old comment from Snakes:

From the information that is available, DeLaurentis, Fratto, and Matassa were all made at different times. DeLaurentis was made at the Como Inn in the summer of 1989. Fratto was made in the summer of 1988. Matassa was originally listed as having been made with DeLaurentis in 1989 but it appears that that information is erroneous. According to Nick Calabrese's testimony, Matassa was made with him in the fall of 1983.

The guys made with Fratto were Gerald Scarpelli, Peter DiFronzo, James DiForti and Anthony Chiaramonti.

Those made with Matassa were Nicholas Calabrese, Frank Calabrese, Sr., Rocky Infelise, James Marcello, Anthony Zizzo, Albert Tocco, Nicholas Guzzino, and Frank Belmonte.

DiFronzo allegedly discontinued making new members throughout the 1990s, but this leaves us with a question: When was Mike Sarno made? If he headed the Cicero crew and was allegedly the acting boss of the Outfit in the 2000s and 2010s, he must have been made before he went to prison in 1993 or after his release in 1999. And although he won't discuss it, Mike Mags was probably made in the 1990s as well. I suspect that Sam Carlisi had making ceremonies before he went to prison in 1996.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

It is interesting that Sarno allegedly brought only Cicero members, which adds more fuel to the theory that by that time the Outfit was divided on two groups, one being Vena, Spina, Dote and whats left of EP, and the other was Cicero and what was left of Chinatown.

Maybe Sarno only sponsored those guys but if DiFronzo stopped making people than its obvious that the Cicero crew or South Side faction were doing things on their own as a separate group. Btw they killed two high level west side guys right? Zizzo and Chiaramonti? So thats that.

Btw wasnt Carlisi kept in custody all the time before being officially sentenced?
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

I always thought it was funny jimmy marcello prison videos he said we got some capable young guys Mutt and Jeff which was sarno and cataudella they were both in their 40’s. Also speaking to sarno quick rise marcello asked what they make every month and at that time they supposedly made a flat 4 grand a month. Within a few years sarno was was boss of the outfit
I agree with phat,I love those old fucks and he's right.we all got some cosa nostra in us.I personnely love the life.I think we on the forum would be the ultimate crew! - camerono
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Carlisi was arrested in January 1992 for the Rincon Indian reservation trial in San Diego, but don't see that he was kept in jail. He was kept in the Cook County jail in December 1992 and remained in jail until his death in 1997. But I was referring to his term as boss. I think he was official top boss until his death. DiFronzo was sentenced to 37 months in May 1993 and released in July 1994. Joe Andriacchi reportedly assumed the day-to-day boss role while DiFronzo was in prison, then after he got out put John Monteleone in as the day-to-day boss until his death in 2001. Al Tornabene was reportedly Monteleone's underboss. Anyways, Sarno and Magnifichi had to have gotten made sometime in the 1990s. It could have been the early 90s.
JIGGS
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by JIGGS »

Antiliar wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:44 am Maybe we can update the list and notate it:
1. Joseph Andriacchi / 87 [former boss of Elmwood Park crew]
2. Robert Bellavia / 79 [Cicero crew, uncertain if made]
3. Bruno Caruso / 74 [uncertain if made]
4. Frank Caruso / 73 ["Toots" Caruso, alleged boss of Chinatown crew, possibly inactive]
5. Nicholas Cataudella / 58 [Cicero associate, current status unknown]
6. Salvatore Cataudella / 66 [former underboss to Mike Sarno]
7. Salvatore DeLaurentis / 80 [alleged high ranking member]
8. Peter DiFronzo / 85 ["street boss of the whole outfit" in 2010s]
9. Rudolph Fratto / 76 [Elmwood Park crew, probably shelved or inactive]
10. Gary Gagliano / 76 [Elmwood Pard associate, probably not made]
11. Nicholas Guzzino / 77 [former Chicago Heights crew, possibly inactive]
12. James Inendino / 78 [Cicero crew capo]
13. Rocco Lombardo / 83 [probably not made]
14. Michael Magnafichi / 57 [Elmwood Park, shelved]
15. James Marcello / 77 [Outfit boss, in prison]
16. John Matassa, Jr./68 [former alleged North Side capo, in prison]
17. Lawrence Pettit / 90 [probably not made]
18. Michael Sarno / 61 [Cicero crew capo and Outfit boss, in prison]
19. Michael Spano, Sr./78 [former Cicero crew capo]
20. Michael Talarico / 67 [Chinatown crew associate, probably not made]
21. Albert Vena / 71 [Grand Avenue crew capo]
Additional names:
22. Joseph Jerome (Jerry) Scalise / 82 [Cicero soldier, only surviving member of Wild Bunch, probably inactive]
23. Michael (Mickey) Marcello / 69 [half-brother of Outfit boss James Marcello, was not made in 1980s/90s, but could be now]
24. Anthony Calabrese / [In prison, made status unknown]
25. Robert Panozzo / 60 [allegedly Albie Vena's no 3 man, in prison]
26. Christie Spina / [allegedly Albie Vena's top lieutenant]

This list is incomplete. Sarno allegedly made some new members, but how many and who they are is unknown. We also don't know if any were made since then. Whatever the case, the total number of active made members is probably around 10 to 15, but probably closer to 10. The total number of all made members, including inactive and imprisoned members, is probably around 20.
When it comes to the Outfit I dont know if being made = viable family. They always had plenty a guys that wasnt made but was significant. If the total amount of associates that the Wiseguy mentioned is anywhere close today to what it was in 2007 (over 100) thats not bad at all. Its as much as or about the same as the Philly mob, no? Again I dont really think it matters how many made guys there are in Chicago. The 65 million dollar question for me is everyone who does bookmaking, shy, runs girls, marijuana, burglaries and the rest necesarily "outfit" guys? Or are they just part a the independence movement? In the end I gotta believe theres young kids that are out there who believe in this shit and in their minds view themselves as part a the outfit. Made or not. What say you ant?

JIGGS
JIGGS
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by JIGGS »

Patrickgold wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:49 am Jiggs, also Jimmy Marcello is the one in prison. Mickey is out but he is not really anybody. Once Jimmy was put away for life, Mickey’s influence became non existent. He was just a gofer for Jimmy. Jimmy is doing life in Supermax in Florence Colorando and has no influence now. He is basically in lockdown and couldn’t do anything if he wanted to.
Sorry about that. Jimmy was who I was talking about. Not the Micky. Thanks pal.

JIGGS
JIGGS
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by JIGGS »

Antiliar wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:53 am
Nick Rada is active in Facebook Outfit-related groups.
Say wha??? The Face book?? This is real?

JIGGS
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Antiliar wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:54 pm Carlisi was arrested in January 1992 for the Rincon Indian reservation trial in San Diego, but don't see that he was kept in jail. He was kept in the Cook County jail in December 1992 and remained in jail until his death in 1997. But I was referring to his term as boss. I think he was official top boss until his death. DiFronzo was sentenced to 37 months in May 1993 and released in July 1994. Joe Andriacchi reportedly assumed the day-to-day boss role while DiFronzo was in prison, then after he got out put John Monteleone in as the day-to-day boss until his death in 2001. Al Tornabene was reportedly Monteleone's underboss. Anyways, Sarno and Magnifichi had to have gotten made sometime in the 1990s. It could have been the early 90s.
I agree about Carlisi but i think that the boss position during DiFronzos sentence is quite questionable, meaning some say that Andriacchi and Monteleone shared the position and that there was allegedly some tension between the two, and so when DiFronzo got cleared, he kept the peace by making Monteleone the underboss and later the boss, while Andriacchi controlled the West Side and later also became some type of advisor. Is there any truth to this?
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: Marco D’Amico died

Post by Lupara »

Wiseguy wrote:
Snakes wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:02 pm
FriendofFamily wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:31 pm Yeah I called a friend of mine and he said that he died and that he's been on oxygen for quite a while. He didn't give me much details and he gave me another guys name also but Unfortunately I forgot already - he said he died also from the Old Guard.
Check the charts list, one of those names may job your memory. Larry Pettit was ancient, too; I haven't heard anything about him in years.
1. Joseph Andriacchi / 87
2. Robert Bellavia / 79
3. Bruno Caruso / 74
4. Frank Caruso / 73
5. Nicholas Cataudella / 58
6. Salvatore Cataudella / 66
7. Salvatore DeLaurentis / 80
8. Peter DiFronzo / 85
9. Rudolph Fratto / 76
10. Gary Gagliano / 76
11. Nicholas Guzzino / 77
12. James Inendino / 78
13. Rocco Lombardo / 83
14. Michael Magnafichi / 57
15. James Marcello / 77
16. John Matassa, Jr./68
17. Lawrence Pettit / 90
18. Michael Sarno / 61
19. Michael Spano, Sr./78
20. Michael Talarico / 67
21. Albert Vena / 71
Clearly a dead family.
Villain
Filthy Few

Re: RE: Re: Marco D’Amico died

Post by Villain »

Lupara wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:16 am
Wiseguy wrote:
Snakes wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:02 pm
FriendofFamily wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:31 pm Yeah I called a friend of mine and he said that he died and that he's been on oxygen for quite a while. He didn't give me much details and he gave me another guys name also but Unfortunately I forgot already - he said he died also from the Old Guard.
Check the charts list, one of those names may job your memory. Larry Pettit was ancient, too; I haven't heard anything about him in years.
1. Joseph Andriacchi / 87
2. Robert Bellavia / 79
3. Bruno Caruso / 74
4. Frank Caruso / 73
5. Nicholas Cataudella / 58
6. Salvatore Cataudella / 66
7. Salvatore DeLaurentis / 80
8. Peter DiFronzo / 85
9. Rudolph Fratto / 76
10. Gary Gagliano / 76
11. Nicholas Guzzino / 77
12. James Inendino / 78
13. Rocco Lombardo / 83
14. Michael Magnafichi / 57
15. James Marcello / 77
16. John Matassa, Jr./68
17. Lawrence Pettit / 90
18. Michael Sarno / 61
19. Michael Spano, Sr./78
20. Michael Talarico / 67
21. Albert Vena / 71
Clearly a dead family.
Go and tell that to my 76 year old dad...you are going to wake up in a hole while being buried alive by 5 or 6 elderly gentlemen with plastic bags connected to their butt holes :mrgreen:
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

Antiliar wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:54 pm Carlisi was arrested in January 1992 for the Rincon Indian reservation trial in San Diego, but don't see that he was kept in jail. He was kept in the Cook County jail in December 1992 and remained in jail until his death in 1997. But I was referring to his term as boss. I think he was official top boss until his death. DiFronzo was sentenced to 37 months in May 1993 and released in July 1994. Joe Andriacchi reportedly assumed the day-to-day boss role while DiFronzo was in prison, then after he got out put John Monteleone in as the day-to-day boss until his death in 2001. Al Tornabene was reportedly Monteleone's underboss. Anyways, Sarno and Magnifichi had to have gotten made sometime in the 1990s. It could have been the early 90s.
I thought you knew exactly agents mags was made antillar?
I agree with phat,I love those old fucks and he's right.we all got some cosa nostra in us.I personnely love the life.I think we on the forum would be the ultimate crew! - camerono
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

One thing I always found interesting was how clannish the outfit was on where they lived. Marco lived in westchester IL which is a small middle class town of 16,000 people. D’Amico, Jimmy diforti, Mike sarno, Salvatore cataudella, Nick ferriola, Louis Marino and Dino Marino all also lived there.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Pete wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:31 am One thing I always found interesting was how clannish the outfit was on where they lived. Marco lived in westchester IL which is a small middle class town of 16,000 people. D’Amico, Jimmy diforti, Mike sarno, Salvatore cataudella, Nick ferriola, Louis Marino and Dino Marino all also lived there.
They were always territorial and Chi fellas who were born during the late 30s and 40s and are still alive today, they are all telling the same story.