Marco D’Amico died

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Patrickgold
Full Patched

Re: Marco D’Amico died

Post by Patrickgold »

Antiliar wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:11 am
Confederate wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:43 am @Antiliar
I hear you when you say you are only relaying what you were told. However, let's say that Marco was really upset in 1989 when he heard that Matassa was going to get made & not him.. Well, that to me would mean that Marco would WANT to get made otherwise why would he be upset about something he turned down voluntarily at an earlier time.

Now, as far as verifying the 8 witnesses in the 1994 case who were going to testify that Marco was indeed a made man running a crew, it doesn't matter what we think. All that matters is that Marco THOUGHT they were credible & that's why he capitulated to the Feds.

In addition, there's also the strong possibility that John DiFronzo simply made Marco sometime between 1990 & say 1994. I mean, he could have made him with his brother Pete as a witness & that was it for all we know. IMO it was a 99% chance Marco was made in 1994 at that Trial. I could be wrong but Marco's high position & his action of backing down to the Government proving he was a made man suggest otherwise.
Marco could have been made later on, and if so maybe the FBI has info that we don't have. Michael told me that he last ran into D'Amico in the early 2000s and he still was not made then. I know D'Amico was sentenced to 12 years in prison in 1995, but if he did 50% he would have been out in 2001. It was Michael's opinion that he still was not made.
Marco got out in 2005 or 2006. If Mike M did see him in the early 2000s it would have been in prison.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Antiliar wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:18 am
Wiseguy wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:08 am Also, are we saying Nicholas Cautadella isn't made and Jerry Scalise is?
Gerald Scarpelli id'd Scalise as a made guy. I'll qualify it by saying that according to Scarpelli's 302 it appeared that he said that Scalise was a made member. I haven't seen evidence that Nicholas Cautadella was ever made. I'm not saying that he definitely isn't made, only that no evidence has been presented. Guilt by association isn't evidence. But if you have actual evidence such as testimony, please share it. So for now, I'm saying that he *probably* is not made (but I won't rule it out as a possibility).
No, you're right. We need to stick with the available info at hand, which holds more weight than guesswork.
All roads lead to New York.
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

Patrickgold wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:25 am
Antiliar wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:11 am
Confederate wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:43 am @Antiliar
I hear you when you say you are only relaying what you were told. However, let's say that Marco was really upset in 1989 when he heard that Matassa was going to get made & not him.. Well, that to me would mean that Marco would WANT to get made otherwise why would he be upset about something he turned down voluntarily at an earlier time.

Now, as far as verifying the 8 witnesses in the 1994 case who were going to testify that Marco was indeed a made man running a crew, it doesn't matter what we think. All that matters is that Marco THOUGHT they were credible & that's why he capitulated to the Feds.

In addition, there's also the strong possibility that John DiFronzo simply made Marco sometime between 1990 & say 1994. I mean, he could have made him with his brother Pete as a witness & that was it for all we know. IMO it was a 99% chance Marco was made in 1994 at that Trial. I could be wrong but Marco's high position & his action of backing down to the Government proving he was a made man suggest otherwise.
Marco could have been made later on, and if so maybe the FBI has info that we don't have. Michael told me that he last ran into D'Amico in the early 2000s and he still was not made then. I know D'Amico was sentenced to 12 years in prison in 1995, but if he did 50% he would have been out in 2001. It was Michael's opinion that he still was not made.
Marco got out in 2005 or 2006. If Mike M did see him in the early 2000s it would have been in prison.
Marco got released in July of 2005. Okay, here's the way I look at it. I believe Marco D'Amico was made sometime between 1990 & 1994 by John DiFronzo himself for the above stated reasons. Marco seemed to be his man in the same way Cerone was Accardo's man.
However, let's say Marco was never actually made, then the least scenario was that he was like an Italian (Gus Alex) or an Italian (Ralph Pierce), meaning that he was a high level "member" of the Outfit but simply not a member of the National LCN.
" Everything Woke turns to shit".
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Confederate wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:00 am What was the "source" of Sarno supposedly making a few guys?
Can't find it right now, but when I do I'll note it here.

I don't have reason to doubt that Mags saw D'Amico, but obviously the dates are wrong. That's not unusual. If I talk to him again I'll try to clarify.
I didn't look up the release date before my previous post, but for all who are interested, here it is from the BOP inmate locator:
Name: MARCO DAMICO
Register Number: 95847-004
Race: White
Sex: Male
Released On: 07/21/2005
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Antiliar wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:38 am
Confederate wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:00 am What was the "source" of Sarno supposedly making a few guys?
Can't find it right now, but when I do I'll note it here.

I don't have reason to doubt that Mags saw D'Amico, but obviously the dates are wrong. That's not unusual. If I talk to him again I'll try to clarify.
I didn't look up the release date before my previous post, but for all who are interested, here it is from the BOP inmate locator:
Name: MARCO DAMICO
Register Number: 95847-004
Race: White
Sex: Male
Released On: 07/21/2005
He probably just got the dates mixed up. Mags has a big pill and alcohol problem and got it mixed up.

Since you talk to him, does he still talk with Outfit guys since he has been shelved and basically disowned by the Outfit? This guy probably would have been a boss if he didn’t get shelved. You look at guys like him and Mario Rainone And wonder where they would be if they didn’t fuck up. They were being groomed at an early age
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Patrickgold wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:00 pm
He probably just got the dates mixed up. Mags has a big pill and alcohol problem and got it mixed up.

Since you talk to him, does he still talk with Outfit guys since he has been shelved and basically disowned by the Outfit? This guy probably would have been a boss if he didn’t get shelved. You look at guys like him and Mario Rainone And wonder where they would be if they didn’t fuck up. They were being groomed at an early age
As far as I know he has no Outfit connection at all. He's more interested in golfing than anything else.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Jerry Scalise wasn't ID'd by Scarpelli as made in his 302. He acknowledged him as a member of a crew but didn't specify that he was made, if I remember correctly. I've never seen him mentioned as anything but an associate.

I have an FBI document somewhere that lists Rocco Lombardo as made. Talarico was listed as made in a Tribune article that cited an FBI agent as the source. Bruno Caruso was listed as a "made member" in hearings to oust Toots. Leo was listed as an associate in that same hearing. This was using FBI source material.

Some other guys were listed as made by the Chicago Crime Commission, although I'm not sure if they got that information from the FBI or not. Unless there are a ton of sleepers we don't know about, that list of 28 members I compiled around the time of the FBI's statement is a pretty accurate representation of the individuals most likely to be on that list.

If the FBI never got info from Magnafichi that a guy was or was not made then they probably didn't use that in their own reports. I've seen several instances where one source says a guy isn't made and in that same report another states that he is, and vice versa. For example, I've seen a report with a CI stating that Lew Farrell wasn't made. Later on, Farrell came out and admitted that he was in his communications with the FBI. With that said, Magnafichi probably knows best about Gagliano or Pettit since he worked in that same crew but I struggled to find other people to put on that list in place of them.
Last edited by Snakes on Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

For reference purposes, the article with the "28 members" quote from the FBI was from September, 2007. This was the best list I could put together with the amount of people who were alive at that point:

Joseph Andriacchi
Robert Bellavia
Frank Calabrese, Sr.
Bruno Caruso
Frank Caruso
Nicholas Cataudella
Salvatore Cataudella
James Cerone
Marco D'Amico
Salvatore DeLaurentis
John DiFronzo
Peter DiFronzo
Rudolph Fratto
Gary Gagliano
Joseph Grieco
Nicholas Guzzino
James Inendino
Joseph Lombardo
Rocco Lombardo
Michael Magnafichi
James Marcello
Louis Marino
John Matassa, Jr.
Lawrence Pettit
Michael Sarno
Michael Spano, Sr.
Michael Talarico
Alfonso Tornabene
Albert Vena
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Great lists.

Are Don Scalise, Joe Cullotta and William Galioto made? They were listed as Lieutenants in that 1997 chart. Though it also listed Michael Marcello as one and we know he wasn't a member at the time.

What about the other guys listed as Lieutenants that died before 2007 like Roger Riccio, Al Rosetti, Al Rovario and Jim DiForti? I believe I read that DiForit was made but my memory is hazy.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:45 pm Great lists.

Are Don Scalise, Joe Cullotta and William Galioto made? They were listed as Lieutenants in that 1997 chart. Though it also listed Michael Marcello as one and we know he wasn't a member at the time.

What about the other guys listed as Lieutenants that died before 2007 like Roger Riccio, Al Rosetti, Al Rovario and Jim DiForti? I believe I read that DiForit was made but my memory is hazy.

Pogo
If you're talking about the chart below, I think there's a lot of questionable stuff on it. I'm not sure accuracy was their main focus.

http://www.ipsn.org/OutfitChart.html
All roads lead to New York.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Yes that is the one. Strange they don't use the rank of Soldier and instead just lump made members and non-made members together as Associates.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Pogo
DiForti was definitely made, per Nick C's testimony. Roviaro and Rosetti were both made from what I can gather. Again, it's hard to find confirmations but looking at their stature and position in comparison to others who were made they can be logically suspected as being so. I haven't seen a ton of evidence that the others were made although I believe Fosco stated that Scalise was made shortly before his death. Not sure about Cullotta/Calato as there are two individuals that are typically confused with each other with those names and I don't know much about either one, except one both were associated with North Side/Grand Avenue crew and one was nicknamed "Joe Kong" and owned a lot of video gambling machines in his area. Calato for sure was busted back in the 80s with DiVarco and worked in his bookmaking operation but he may be different than Joe Kong. Galioto was listed as an associate in one of those laborers hearings. Mickey Marcello was probably never made. Hopefully in the future we can start getting our hands on more information that may sort some of this out. Unfortunately, FOIA requests will probably be slower than ever for the next little while.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Thanks for the info. When did Don Scalise die?

Pogo
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:58 pm Thanks for the info. When did Don Scalise die?

Pogo
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Snakes wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:54 pm

Pogo
DiForti was definitely made, per Nick C's testimony. Roviaro and Rosetti were both made from what I can gather. Again, it's hard to find confirmations but looking at their stature and position in comparison to others who were made they can be logically suspected as being so. I haven't seen a ton of evidence that the others were made although I believe Fosco stated that Scalise was made shortly before his death. Not sure about Cullotta/Calato as there are two individuals that are typically confused with each other with those names and I don't know much about either one, except one both were associated with North Side/Grand Avenue crew and one was nicknamed "Joe Kong" and owned a lot of video gambling machines in his area. Calato for sure was busted back in the 80s with DiVarco and worked in his bookmaking operation but he may be different than Joe Kong. Galioto was listed as an associate in one of those laborers hearings. Mickey Marcello was probably never made. Hopefully in the future we can start getting our hands on more information that may sort some of this out. Unfortunately, FOIA requests will probably be slower than ever for the next little while.
Joe Kong is Frank Cullotta’s brother. Frank claims he is completely legit and Outfit guys just hung out at his barber shop. He says the FBI is completely wrong. I doubt he’s a lieutenant like the chart says but is definitely associate bc like snakes said, he controlled a lot of gambling machines and had them in different bars