5 Family Indictments 1990-Present)

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

gohnjotti
Full Patched

Re: 5 Family Indictments 1990-Present)

Post by gohnjotti »

queensnyer wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:34 pm the 80s-90s and early 2000s were 15 years ago.
True, but the Colombos still had control over certain unions in the early 2000s, as well an ironclad grip over a concrete local until 2011. Colombo captain Dennis DeLucia’s son is the president of a small Local somewhere, and Gambino soldier Joseph Scopo is currently a treasurer or something for one of the concrete Locals.

So there’s still sporadic control or influence over certain unions in the Colombo family, even if the money-making opportunities for those unions are slim.

And while you’re correct that any evidence of Local 1 control goes back to the 1990/early 2000s, we know that crew members and associates relating to Jackie DeRoss’ control of the union are still active in the plumbing industry today.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
queensnyer
Straightened out

Post by queensnyer »

gohnjotti wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:57 pm
queensnyer wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:34 pm the 80s-90s and early 2000s were 15 years ago.
True, but the Colombos still had control over certain unions in the early 2000s, as well an ironclad grip over a concrete local until 2011. Colombo captain Dennis DeLucia’s son is the president of a small Local somewhere, and Gambino soldier Joseph Scopo is currently a treasurer or something for one of the concrete Locals.

So there’s still sporadic control or influence over certain unions in the Colombo family, even if the money-making opportunities for those unions are slim.

And while you’re correct that any evidence of Local 1 control goes back to the 1990/early 2000s, we know that crew members and associates relating to Jackie DeRoss’ control of the union are still active in the plumbing industry today.
the plumbing industry isn't necessarily local 1.... and concrete forget about it. that's mob almost 100% blatently. as those guys work hard its not considered a "skilled trade" union. and a lot of those unions you refer to are what we call" rogue" they are not part of the building trades and do not have the power to get into jobsites that require building trades workers such as schools and any major job in nyc receiving funds from tax payers. they can sneak on but will get tossed if found. that is the reason for what is called "open shop" or non union being allowed to work onsite with union workers. its a push by private developers and the mob controlled businesses to gain sway on these projects. construction will always have the boys around but they are weak with legitimate building trades locals in nyc.
queensnyer
Straightened out

Post by queensnyer »

most of the guys who were eradicated from the unions for mob ties and shady business just moved over to non un ion open shop companies
queensnyer
Straightened out

Post by queensnyer »

perfect example is the gurinos. arc plumbing. they are still in the construction business just not on big union projects. private developments under completely different name Tahoe.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

queensnyer wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:25 pm perfect example is the gurinos. arc plumbing. they are still in the construction business just not on big union projects. private developments under completely different name Tahoe.
Good point.

Bklyn21
Full Patched

Post by Bklyn21 »

queensnyer wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:30 pm That union has always been corrupted to the hilt and on the middle of Howard Beach . Steam fitters local 638 is Controlled by the Gambinos . I'm not sure who has Local 1 today but if I was getting i'd go with the Gambinos and work farmed out to other families and crews getting a piece
local 1 hasn't been in howard beach for 10+ years. 638 is not controlled by gambinos...nor is local 1. the building trades have eradicated 95% of mob influence over their locals in nyc. the mob is involved in the non union sector where they have a lot more control and less eyes watching. they are also starting "ROGUE" locals like 295 operating engineers and 355 which does plumbing/hvac. in direct competition to building trades locals. they abuse their members. pay low wages and cut corners. pilfer jobsites and basically have free reign. the building trades biggest mistake was washing the mob out.
[/quote]
I'm pretty sure 638 is Gambino Or was up until a few years ago . There was a certain person who I'm not gonna put they're name on here since they've never been indicted or arrested and was going into retirement a few years back and was the Head of the Union who dropped the position due to investigation and ended up taking on another position with more freedom and less oversight . You would know who it is ! I didn't even know Local 1 wasn't in HB anymore , That's how much I pay attention to this stuff
Bklyn21
Full Patched

Post by Bklyn21 »

Another Gambino crew based in Bensonhurst also had some heavy dealings and influence in 638 as well and was operating on the ports and was heavy into the steamfitters and the Building/Commercial/residential Heating oil industry . They were overlapping with Sonny Ciccone and Vinny oil
Bklyn21
Full Patched

Post by Bklyn21 »

People would say I'm crazy but the Carpenters union is also still under control to a nice extent as well as the Javits center which they say is cleaned up
queensnyer
Straightened out

Post by queensnyer »

Bklyn21 wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:27 pm Another Gambino crew based in Bensonhurst also had some heavy dealings and influence in 638 as well and was operating on the ports and was heavy into the steamfitters and the Building/Commercial/residential Heating oil industry . They were overlapping with Sonny Ciccone and Vinny oil
638 was mobbed up. I know who your talking about I also know the current leadership as well as the regime before. no longer im telling you. the carpenters and the javitz id be lying if I said I knew completely but the carpenters aren't even considered a union really in nyc they have been stripped so much their is no respect for them. non union is absolutely hammering them since the boss was outed and split. id bet $ any mob guys connected to carpenters are paper tigers. I know this industry like the back of my hand. as far as skilled trade unions in nyc the mob is done. the industry is not condusive to them profiting anymore period. not illegally anyway
queensnyer
Straightened out

Post by queensnyer »

638b is a separate local that does service work. not considered or recognized as building trades and its basically a joke union
Bklyn21
Full Patched

Post by Bklyn21 »

queensnyer wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:50 pm 638b is a separate local that does service work. not considered or recognized as building trades and its basically a joke union
I know you knew who I was talking about ! I'll take your word for it since Its been at least 6 years since ive been in the Unions . 638b is the service side, The B side is where they send guys who screw up who they don't want to fire , Like a punishment lol , Or sometimea when guys get in and maybe start there and work they're way into the A side where they make much more money etc.. And yes the Mob is no longer outright controlling. And dominating Union locals and DC's . I think you know who the Genovese guy from that part of Queens is as well who was placed in the Carpenters to Inform . It's been a considerable amount of time since I've been in the trades
queensnyer
Straightened out

Post by queensnyer »

yeah im not up on the carpenters. but I will tell you their marketshare and hours are down ridiculously and that's where the mob maid money. they cant pilfer funds if the manhours aren't their to put money in. that's the number 1 tell the mob is no longer powerful within the skilled trades. laborers/concrete etc still a stronghold though
Bklyn21
Full Patched

Post by Bklyn21 »

queensnyer wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:08 pm yeah im not up on the carpenters. but I will tell you their marketshare and hours are down ridiculously and that's where the mob maid money. they cant pilfer funds if the manhours aren't their to put money in. that's the number 1 tell the mob is no longer powerful within the skilled trades. laborers/concrete etc still a stronghold though
I agree , Concrete is still a big money maker etc.. Local 20 is still under control I'm pretty sure by the Luccheses along with a few other big conctee locals . They're parent Council DC16 I'm not sure if the entire Council is corrupted and controlled ? I doubt it , But that Council is huge and has numerous different locals under they're command and represent a very diverse amount of industries and workers . DC16 was one of the most corrupted councils since its beginnings and was at one time totally controlled and run by the Colombos with wild Bill at the top . That was his council lock stock and barrel
queensnyer
Straightened out

Post by queensnyer »

yeah concrete/laborers and still 282 teamster trucking are still very much mobbed up. 580 ironworkers are rumored but i doubt its enough to have a real impact if so. 46 metal lathers.rebar
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

Colombo Soldier Daniel Capaldo was charged with loansharking in Dec. 2009.