General Mob Questions

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Re: General Mob Questions

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Buster123 wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:36 pm Does anyone who watched this last video think this kid is gonna be able to hold a 9-5? I give him a year before he’s in trouble again
Which video??

The recall movie??
He made 2 mill I hope that's hold him off for a little bit.

Another movie found:
a dubbed in English movie, The Ruthless, about a NDRANGHETTA boss. Watching now

Can I get anymore recommend Netflix movies?? First time Netflix here and loving it. Thinking about watching Gammora s2 and the rest. S1 was okay..
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
Buster123
Straightened out

Post by Buster123 »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:32 am
Buster123 wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:36 pm Does anyone who watched this last video think this kid is gonna be able to hold a 9-5? I give him a year before he’s in trouble again
Which video??

The recall movie??
He made 2 mill I hope that's hold him off for a little bit.

Another movie found:
a dubbed in English movie, The Ruthless, about a NDRANGHETTA boss. Watching now

Can I get anymore recommend Netflix movies?? First time Netflix here and loving it. Thinking about watching Gammora s2 and the rest. S1 was okay..
Sorry I now see I wrote this in wrong thread. Was meant to be in Gene Borrello thread. I was talking about his last interview where he’s talking about opening night club & book. If those things don’t workout, which probably won’t he doesn’t seem the type of guy to go to work everyday. So then what will he do?? My guess commit crimes & wind up locked up again.
Gabagool718
Straightened out

Post by Gabagool718 »

Peppermint wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:00 pm
Gabagool718 wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:55 pm
Peppermint wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:51 pm
crabby appleton wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:52 pm
Peppermint wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:45 pm
Cacuzza wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:22 pm
Peppermint wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:29 pm
Cacuzza wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:51 pm
Peppermint wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:58 pm Where does one go about researching members of the mob? Where could I access for instance a database of names of older members, among other things like that?

Trying to find information about another family member, on my mother’s side, while waiting until I am able to goto California to continue my research on my great grandfather on my father’s side. I made a thread about it requesting information but to no avail, I didn’t get any replies which is fine.

Mostly just trying to find out if this guy even exists, and if the story I was told about him is true. Long story short, there was a hit out on my grandfather, and my grandmother had her brother cancel the hit. But since no one is able to, or willing to help me I have to take it upon myself and I have no idea how. Unlike the rest of you, the mob has only been a mild interest of mine up until just a couple years ago so I am not nearly as knowledgeable as all of you clearly are.
Have you tried searching their name in genealogy web sites? Hire a private investigator or professional researcher. There is no guarantee what the result of their effort (if any) will be, but they will be more than happy to take your money.
I can’t even begin there, I’m not even sure if Gino is his real name, or if they even went by their legal last name, which was either Soldano or DiPalmero. Like for example, My great grandfather went by Louie Lombardi, but his real name was Luigi Laudiero. So I can’t really hire any genealogists, or use any ancestry websites without knowing for sure his name. So I figure if that is just an alias, I thought perhaps some one here would know of someone with that alias, who’s name is something that Gino is short for that has the same last name as either of those, and this forum could be a good start just like how I got a ton of great information about my great grandfather from here.
Peppermint if you ever get close to having a name and if your relative came into the U.S. through Ellis Island they have a search tool there to look up when people came in. It will also provide the date of entry and the name of the ship and from where it originated. That is if they did not use an alias at the time. Even then all of the other information will still be there but obviously under a different name.
He wouldn’t have been an immigrant, assuming he’s my Grandmother’s brother, and not her Uncle. Because she and her siblings were all born here, her parents were married in Italy and then migrated here and had a family. Can’t imagine he would be her Uncle, because there is no word about her extended relatives like, Aunts and Uncles leaving Italy like her parents had, by my family’s account.

See my dilemma? That’s why I figured I would start with this forum. The man was allegedly a captain within what ever family he was involved with, and that his last name is either DiPalmero or Soldano. So I figured someone here may know of someone by either or those last names, who’s first name was something that Gino was short for, those last names unlike my Great Grandfather using Lombardi as his wouldn’t have been aliases those would have been Gino’s genuine last names, where as my Great Grandfather’s was really Laudiero.

I can’t get that in-depth unless I have some idea as to whether or not he actually exists, and confirming someone with a similar name holding a similar rank within whatever family’s hierarchy would be the best start. Because confirming at least his existence, would confirm if he actually was related to us, and would confirm if that story was even true. Sadly I don’t have any resources to start with like I did my great grandfather
For a guy who asks a lot of questions you also come equipped with a lot of your own answers. If you can't come up with a name or know for sure he actually exists then why don't you just make up a story? You're doing a pretty good job of that here. I don't know who you are looking but I am certain you will be able to write one hell of a book. Good luck.
I’m sorry, but I don’t understand what you mean by any of that...

Because I’m not trying to make up stories, ever since I discovered who my great grandfather was, I wanted to find out about more relatives in my family who were on the underbelly of society too. The only other person I know of that is was whoever this “Uncle Gino” character is. I’d also like to do research on my Grandfather, my mother’s father since he was a Freemason but that doesn’t pertain to mafia figures, so that is besides the point.

If I wanted to make up a story about some family member of mine being in the Mafia and waste everybody’s time, I would go to those gangsterbb boards and do it there. Apparently all kinds of people do that there from what I read from posts of people here. But I am posting here, because I am genuinely just trying to find out more about other members of my family who possibly exist that were connected, and you fine people are clearly more knowledgeable about this kind of stuff than I am.

Everything Cacuzza suggested was good, as far as looking into old documents and records from around the time the person in question was living. But none of that does me any good if I don’t know they exist or not. Which again like I said, is why I am asking on these boards if anyone knows if anyone from any of the families that held the rank of captain (capo, right?) who went by the name Gino, and who’s last name was either DiPalmero or Soldano. I figured someone here may know at least a little something about someone along the lines of that, considering the extensive knowledge everyone has on just soldiers and associates it isn’t foolish to assume they would have twice the knowledge on members within the upper echelons since those types were always the bigger focus during investigations and being persons of interest.

I suppose I’ll never know, I’ll let this one go. I guess “Uncle Gino” is a phantom
Haha how tf u gonna ask other ppl how to find out about YOUR family just ask your gam gam or some shit jeez man..obviously “uncle Gino” was a nobody mob wise or otherwise if nobody in your family knows who the fuck he was LOL
She’s obviously dead you retard, and no one on my mom’s side of family is nearly as open as my father’s side is, so I heard the story once and once only. Just getting my grandmother’s maiden name from my mother was like pulling teeth. You’d think if he was a nobody, assuming they actually do exist, they wouldn’t have the kind of influence to get a hit cancelled.

I wasn’t asking anyone to do any research for me, just if any of the names sound familiar. So take your assumptions, and kick rocks into traffic like the stupid asshole you are.
Awww sorry to hear about gam gam
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Gabagool718 wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:30 pmAwww sorry to hear about gam gam
Hey fuckstick.

Now no one here likes peppermint less than me. And I like you, less than him. So, who the fuck are you? You’ve been here less than 6 months and without contributing jack shit, you’re already ruining threads with sarcastic quips which are uncalled for and out of place.

Peppermint is simply trying at access a resource which may help him learn more about his families history. Perfectly reasonable.
So move the fuck on.

Or go to the graveyard, and we can talk more.

Either way, stfu.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Gabagool is almost certainly one of Maxipads accounts.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Gabagool718
Straightened out

Post by Gabagool718 »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:55 pm
Gabagool718 wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:30 pmAwww sorry to hear about gam gam
Hey fuckstick.

Now no one here likes peppermint less than me. And I like you, less than him. So, who the fuck are you? You’ve been here less than 6 months and without contributing jack shit, you’re already ruining threads with sarcastic quips which are uncalled for and out of place.

Peppermint is simply trying at access a resource which may help him learn more about his families history. Perfectly reasonable.
So move the fuck on.

Or go to the graveyard, and we can talk more.

Either way, stfu.
LOL lighten up cupcake it was a joke.. how do you access the “graveyard” I’d be more than happy to have a dialogue with all you Nancys
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

I really dont know why that Maxie handle is still around...this guy is going to shape this place in the brand new GBB 2
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Peppermint
Full Patched

Post by Peppermint »

People just have nothing better to do than troll on niche interest communities, like this one. It‘s not a particularly bad thing, if these forums weren’t worth anything they probably wouldn’t bother trolling on them. They’re a byproduct of having a successful and well established community.

Anyway, I guess I’ll have to try and find other means of researching who this “Uncle Gino” is in my family, and if they really were ranked as they are claimed to be let alone even actually exist. Still, if any of the names are familiar to anyone I would greatly appreciate any references. Other than that, I am sorry if my inquiry caused any trouble and derailed the thread, wasn’t my intention at all.

If I find out anything otherwise, I’ll be sure to share what I find out with you guys. I’m sure you’d all find it interesting if any of this does turn out to have any truth behind it, and thanks again to those who took the time to help guide me in the right direction. Maybe I’ll catch my Uncle who told me the story and about Gino in the first place on a lucky day, and he’ll have eaten enough Xanax to wanna open up more about his side of the family lol
It’s Blood alone, that moves the wheels of history
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Love Tom Hardy.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2J5OE16C_zY

Could be good.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

I know there is many threads that have discussed this but;

-why is Luciano credited w the commission started by him?

-who really did start the commission??

-is it believed Luciano was poisoned bc of his book/movie deal that was in the works that the "little man" supposedly shut down..... While him himself was writing a book with someone else.,
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
Benito
Straightened out

Post by Benito »

Can anyone explain to me what or how Anthony Campisi got the nickname “NaNa”, and same for Salvatore “Chickie” Merlino?
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

During a planned mob execution whats the job of a “blocker?”
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

slimshady_007 wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 4:51 am During a planned mob execution whats the job of a “blocker?”
You might be referring to a "crash car," i.e. the guy (not directly involved in the hit like the shooter but on standby) who uses their car to block anyone pursuing the killers when they flee the scene.
All roads lead to New York.
TommyShots
Straightened out

Post by TommyShots »

Wiseguy wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 10:26 am
slimshady_007 wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 4:51 am During a planned mob execution whats the job of a “blocker?”
You might be referring to a "crash car," i.e. the guy (not directly involved in the hit like the shooter but on standby) who uses their car to block anyone pursuing the killers when they flee the scene.
I know that the killer car would be stolen, but a crash car would be legal, sometimes they would be used to crash into a cop car that was nearby & cause things to slow down.
TommyShots
Straightened out

Post by TommyShots »

TommyShots wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 10:18 pm
Wiseguy wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 10:26 am
I know that the killer car would be stolen, but a crash car would be legal, sometimes they would be used to crash into a cop car that was nearby & cause things to slow down.
They also had getaway cars too.