Pippo Bono wedding

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Re: Pippo Bono wedding

Post by JeremyTheJew »

NYNighthawk wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:28 pm He is with the Gambinos.
Rasario Naimo is a Lucchese member.

Isnt he also a main contact for Corleone??
Gambinos were Palermo connects
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

my notes have this @felice
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Guy Fatato said on a tape-recording that Franzese's vig on a $30,000 debt was "like social security" for him. - GohnJotti
moneyman
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by moneyman »

newera_212 wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:25 pm yeah definitely not rabito. i dont think rabito was that old at the time of that wedding. there is another pic of rabito floating around from a couple years before and he looks a lot different.

would love to know more about louis restivo. i know he was a queens guy, or lived in queens at least. any relation to the Restivo’s restaurant in Chelsea on 7th ave? he was close to Massino? massino trusted him enough to hold that “commission” meeting at his house
Restivo is an interesting Bonnano member for sure.

Restivo was partners with Massino at the Casablanca up until Massino flipped I believe, so they must have been fairly close. In the late 70's he was under Catalano. He's then upped sometime in the 80s as he was a Capo in 1991 and headed the Bushwick-Ridgewood crew. He attended Rastelli's wake in 1991. When Massino got out of jail in 1992 he knocked Restivo down for trying to move in on Francesco Navarra's gambling operation and Massino promoted Anthony Urso to captain as replacement. He must have shifted crews as he was a soldier and part of Cammarano's Sr crew in 2002, but then indicted as a captain in 2004 for the Anthony Tomasulo murder.

I doubt he has any relationship with Resitvo's restaurant. He was reportedly suffering from very bad health in 2005 during sentencing for the Tomasulo murder. It's likely that he's passed away. I found an obit from a funeral home in Queens for a Louis Resitivo who died in 2015..

https://hillebrandfuneralhomes.com/book ... ituary.php
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

moneyman wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:41 am
newera_212 wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:25 pm yeah definitely not rabito. i dont think rabito was that old at the time of that wedding. there is another pic of rabito floating around from a couple years before and he looks a lot different.

would love to know more about louis restivo. i know he was a queens guy, or lived in queens at least. any relation to the Restivo’s restaurant in Chelsea on 7th ave? he was close to Massino? massino trusted him enough to hold that “commission” meeting at his house
Restivo is an interesting Bonnano member for sure.

Restivo was partners with Massino at the Casablanca up until Massino flipped I believe, so they must have been fairly close. In the late 70's he was under Catalano. He's then upped sometime in the 80s as he was a Capo in 1991 and headed the Bushwick-Ridgewood crew. He attended Rastelli's wake in 1991. When Massino got out of jail in 1992 he knocked Restivo down for trying to move in on Francesco Navarra's gambling operation and Massino promoted Anthony Urso to captain as replacement. He must have shifted crews as he was a soldier and part of Cammarano's Sr crew in 2002, but then indicted as a captain in 2004 for the Anthony Tomasulo murder.

I doubt he has any relationship with Resitvo's restaurant. He was reportedly suffering from very bad health in 2005 during sentencing for the Tomasulo murder. It's likely that he's passed away. I found an obit from a funeral home in Queens for a Louis Resitivo who died in 2015..

https://hillebrandfuneralhomes.com/book ... ituary.php
Yes, that´s him.
There you have it, never printed before.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

this one has Restivo in it, I believe

what happened to the thread with all of the pix?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Guy Fatato said on a tape-recording that Franzese's vig on a $30,000 debt was "like social security" for him. - GohnJotti
baldo
Straightened out

Post by baldo »

John Licata. Is that the son of Pietro? If so, interesting he is a wedding with the guys who supposedly killed his dad (Catalano, Bonventre, etc). I know wouldn't be the first time this sort of thing happened.
motorfab
Full Patched

Post by motorfab »

baldo wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:34 am John Licata. Is that the son of Pietro? If so, interesting he is a wedding with the guys who supposedly killed his dad (Catalano, Bonventre, etc). I know wouldn't be the first time this sort of thing happened.
Yes it is his son. I found an article where there is a photo of him with Ganci and other Zips http://gangstersinc.ning.com/profiles/b ... ia-flooded
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

moneyman wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:41 am [When Massino got out of jail in 1992 he knocked Restivo down for trying to move in on Francesco Navarra's gambling operation and Massino promoted Anthony Urso to captain as replacement. He must have shifted crews as he was a soldier and part of Cammarano's Sr crew in 2002, but then indicted as a captain in 2004 for the Anthony Tomasulo murder.

Not to nitpick but he was indicted a former captain in the 2004 indictment.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
baldo
Straightened out

Post by baldo »

Is Licata still alive or active today?
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

I'm not positive it's Gaetano Alessi, though he looks like a photo I saw of Alessi and it appears to be an NJ table. Didn't you find some info identifying him as someone named Thomas Gambino? Since I was wrong about John Palazzolo in the Catalano pic I doubt some of my guesses.

The bald guy on the bottom right of the first photo also appears at a different table in another photo. Looks familiar. Seems to be a Bonanno.

I think we finally figured out Giovanni Ligammari is the smiling one with the grey hair standing on the left in the light grey suit. One of the Canadian books says he is at that table wearing a red tie and one of the researchers on here was able to ID him from FBI reports where an informant or witness was shown the photos, if I remember right.

When Bronx said "Willie B", he might mean Vito Badamo Sr. He was known as Willie and with the Bonannos. The Badamos are Castellammarese.

Re: Louis Restivo, his father Biagio was an earlier member and captain for a time. Like the Grimaldis from Santa Ninfa, the Restivos also ran a bakery and were from the neighboring village Partanna.

Can you re-post the photo with Frank Polizzi? He was close to Giuseppe Ganci and Polizzi also married a Ganci when he came to the US.

Good to see you Felice. These pictures are such a resource.
Eld
Straightened out

Post by Eld »

felice wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:09 am that's cool Eld! yes that's definitely him. I could see an obituary of his wife Concetta Riela and this Concetta is 100% similar to the woman sitting there but Concetta should have been 55 years old at the time of the wedding and this woman looks definitely older.
Concetta looks like the woman sitting to the far left.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

hottest broad was this little number
felice
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by felice »

B. wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:34 pm I'm not positive it's Gaetano Alessi, though he looks like a photo I saw of Alessi and it appears to be an NJ table. Didn't you find some info identifying him as someone named Thomas Gambino? Since I was wrong about John Palazzolo in the Catalano pic I doubt some of my guesses.

The bald guy on the bottom right of the first photo also appears at a different table in another photo. Looks familiar. Seems to be a Bonanno.

I think we finally figured out Giovanni Ligammari is the smiling one with the grey hair standing on the left in the light grey suit. One of the Canadian books says he is at that table wearing a red tie and one of the researchers on here was able to ID him from FBI reports where an informant or witness was shown the photos, if I remember right.

When Bronx said "Willie B", he might mean Vito Badamo Sr. He was known as Willie and with the Bonannos. The Badamos are Castellammarese.

Re: Louis Restivo, his father Biagio was an earlier member and captain for a time. Like the Grimaldis from Santa Ninfa, the Restivos also ran a bakery and were from the neighboring village Partanna.

Can you re-post the photo with Frank Polizzi? He was close to Giuseppe Ganci and Polizzi also married a Ganci when he came to the US.

great work B.! yes a guy similar to the one you listed as Gaetano Alessi seems to have been listed by the FBI as Thomas Gambino.
yes the bald guy is in another pic with Gaspare Cuntrera, makes me think he's a Bonanno of the canadian decina or one of the sicilians.
and yes! that's who he's! I was 100% sure I have already seen that guy, he's just the father of a well known face.
perhaps the bald guy sitting ahead Restivo is his father Biagio
felice
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by felice »

HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

felice wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:50 pm
B. wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:34 pm I'm not positive it's Gaetano Alessi, though he looks like a photo I saw of Alessi and it appears to be an NJ table. Didn't you find some info identifying him as someone named Thomas Gambino? Since I was wrong about John Palazzolo in the Catalano pic I doubt some of my guesses.

great work B.! yes a guy similar to the one you listed as Gaetano Alessi seems to have been listed by the FBI as Thomas Gambino.
yes the bald guy is in another pic with Gaspare Cuntrera, makes me think he's a Bonanno of the canadian decina or one of the sicilians.
and yes! that's who he's! I was 100% sure I have already seen that guy, he's just the father of a well known face.
perhaps the bald guy sitting ahead Restivo is his father Biagio
Can´t be Biagio. He died in December of 1970.
There you have it, never printed before.