Michael "Jaws" Giorango, Chicago

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

nitro
Prospect

Michael "Jaws" Giorango, Chicago

Post by nitro »

Do anyone know was happen with Michael "Jaws" Giorango?

He was a memeber of Chicago Heights mob crew. Run with Demitri Stavropoulos a prostitution ring in 2004.
Later he get a lot of attention with his involvment with the Broadway Bank affair.
Scottychicago
Associate

Re: Michael "Jaws" Giorango, Chicago

Post by Scottychicago »

He died young 2 or 3 years ago
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

By the mid 1990s the Chicago Heights crew was dead so did he transfer to Cicero or Chinatown? Or maybe he became independent player?
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

Villain wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:13 pm By the mid 1990s the Chicago Heights crew was dead so did he transfer to Cicero or Chinatown? Or maybe he became independent player?
Your correct I never heard his name in connection with that crew. His outfit connections aren’t that strong I don’t believe he actually belonged to a crew. He was oc but he did a lot with Russians. Anyone have any corroboration saying he was part of Chicago heights at some point. As you pointed out that crew was defunct for some time
I agree with phat,I love those old fucks and he's right.we all got some cosa nostra in us.I personnely love the life.I think we on the forum would be the ultimate crew! - camerono
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Pete wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:38 pm
Villain wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:13 pm By the mid 1990s the Chicago Heights crew was dead so did he transfer to Cicero or Chinatown? Or maybe he became independent player?
Your correct I never heard his name in connection with that crew. His outfit connections aren’t that strong I don’t believe he actually belonged to a crew. He was oc but he did a lot with Russians. Anyone have any corroboration saying he was part of Chicago heights at some point. As you pointed out that crew was defunct for some time
Thanks
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Scottychicago
Associate

Post by Scottychicago »

He was never part of the Chicago Heights crew. He ran some gambling houses in the Heights in the late 80’s when Tacco had all that trouble but he was not part of that crew I believe, but need to confirm, he belonged to North Side/Rush street crew. Worked with Rose Laws in the prostitution network.
nitro
Prospect

Post by nitro »

Thx.
@Scottychicago
That's quite possible. I know he was connected with North Side in the past.
He died of a natural cause?

He was apparently doing big business. How likely is it that the outfit got a share?
Scottychicago
Associate

Post by Scottychicago »

He died of cancer. Mikey Jaws was very well liked. He was basically one of the Outfit’s rep in Florida since early 2000s until his death. Owned a hotel that he used for a call girl operation he was running with Rose Laws. There was no question that the Outfit was getting its share bc he was part of the Outfit and he got the loan to get the hotel because of the Outfit. He was no independent.