GL NEWS 4/2/2020

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

mlm0047
Straightened out

Re: GL NEWS 4/2/2020

Post by mlm0047 »

Great read thanks
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

dack2001 wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:18 pm If memory serves, he wasn't the only one around that time who took plea deals calling for 12, 15 or 18 years to cop to racketeering murders. His may have been the most serious killing but you never know how strong the evidence would have been. Guarantee if they would have had him dead to rights they would have taken him to trial, but they probably thought they would convict him on the Dols killing and this was insurance.
think danny marino got about 5 years for killing his nephew
Southshore88
Straightened out

Post by Southshore88 »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:53 am
slimshady_007 wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:43 am Nice gangland. It still baffles me that Cacace got only 20 years for whacking a judge. What kind of plea deal is that? Was the evidence rly that weak?
Age was likely a determining factor.
Disagree with age being a factor. He was in the Colombo admin and only 62 years old when he plead guilty. That’s hardly the profile for someone getting a light sentence due to age.
CTamg65
Straightened out

Post by CTamg65 »

I'm pretty sure Castelle is appealing the case also that may have something to do with it . I can only imagine how many guys in both the feds and the state are trying to get out right now . I feel for alot of guys ,was watching the news last week and New Jersey was releasing inmates based on risk level(close to end of sentence,guys with low bond they can't post for petty shit). They said they let out SEX OFFENDERS who didn't register cause there deemed low risk. That disgusts me smh "low risk" go tell that to the parents of some poor kid one of those idiots preys on. I feel bad for a lot of guys though I've been in there more than I like to admit but I have no sympathy for sex offenders unbelievable that they are classified as non violent and are even entitled to the shit that non violent inmates are eligible for its a joke
CTamg65
Straightened out

Post by CTamg65 »

My bad for getting off topic on previous post
CTamg65
Straightened out

Post by CTamg65 »

There's alot of Kings in the tri state area and Massachusetts and the Springfield/Hartford area where Cechetelli is from has tons . There are a good number of Italians who are L.K. the majority becoming members in prison and its mostly in state prisons
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

Southshore88 wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:17 pm
slimshady_007 wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:43 am Nice gangland. It still baffles me that Cacace got only 20 years for whacking a judge. What kind of plea deal is that? Was the evidence rly that weak?
Disagree with age being a factor. He was in the Colombo admin and only 62 years old when he plead guilty. That’s hardly the profile for someone getting a light sentence due to age.
It's probably because Cacace actually had a fighting chance at trial. Cacace's involvement in the Aronwald hit comes only from Frank Smith, the man who admitted murdering the murderers of Aronwald on the orders of Cacace. So if you were to believe Smith's uncorroborated testimony on the Aronwald hit, you would also have to find Cacace guilty of ordering the murders of the two people who murdered Aronwald (their names escape me at the moment), and you would also have to convict Cacace of conspiring to murder Smith and the other guy Smith was with who killed the killers of Aronwald (whose name escapes me).

I don't think prosecutors ever wanted to go to trial on that, knowing that their only evidence tying Cacace to the hit comes from the hearsay of one witness. You would also have to prove to the jury that Cacace's motive in all of this - that's three murders, and five murder conspiracies - came only from an order passed down from the imprisoned-for-life boss of the family. And even that motive is a little bit unclear, since we know that the intended target of the murder - the Aronwald son, the prosecutor - wasn't even a major prosecutor in Persico's trial.

If Cacace walked free on acquittal, he'd probably only get a few years in prison, or less, for his other charged crimes which amounted basically to gambling, extortion, and being on the receiving end of labor racketeering cash. It looks much better for prosecutors to get Cacace off the streets for 20 years, and Cacace feels like a winner for getting spared a possible death sentence. I think everybody on this forum can agree that if he were convicted, Cacace would've gotten the Basciano/Marcello/Lombardo treatment, meaning Supermax.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
Bklyn21
Full Patched

Post by Bklyn21 »

[/quote. Yeah , Judges , Cops , Ex cops , Wiseguys etc.. Crazy !
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

gohnjotti wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:58 pm
Southshore88 wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:17 pm
It's probably because Cacace actually had a fighting chance at trial. Cacace's involvement in the Aronwald hit comes only from Frank Smith, the man who admitted murdering the murderers of Aronwald on the orders of Cacace. So if you were to believe Smith's uncorroborated testimony on the Aronwald hit, you would also have to find Cacace guilty of ordering the murders of the two people who murdered Aronwald (their names escape me at the moment), and you would also have to convict Cacace of conspiring to murder Smith and the other guy Smith was with who killed the killers of Aronwald (whose name escapes me).

I don't think prosecutors ever wanted to go to trial on that, knowing that their only evidence tying Cacace to the hit comes from the hearsay of one witness. You would also have to prove to the jury that Cacace's motive in all of this - that's three murders, and five murder conspiracies - came only from an order passed down from the imprisoned-for-life boss of the family. And even that motive is a little bit unclear, since we know that the intended target of the murder - the Aronwald son, the prosecutor - wasn't even a major prosecutor in Persico's trial.

If Cacace walked free on acquittal, he'd probably only get a few years in prison, or less, for his other charged crimes which amounted basically to gambling, extortion, and being on the receiving end of labor racketeering cash. It looks much better for prosecutors to get Cacace off the streets for 20 years, and Cacace feels like a winner for getting spared a possible death sentence. I think everybody on this forum can agree that if he were convicted, Cacace would've gotten the Basciano/Marcello/Lombardo treatment, meaning Supermax.
Good points. My guess is that the feds wanted Cacace off the streets asap, considering that he was also suspected in the Ralph Dols killing, and they were looking to nail him even if the evidence wasn’t so strong.
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
CTamg65
Straightened out

Post by CTamg65 »

Great points Gohn, she definitely had nothing to do with his sentencing ,he most likely heavily contemplated going to trial with everything Gohn pointed out going against the prosecution's case . If the prosecution thought for a chance they had a chance at winning trial they would have taken it, and then it wouldn't have mattered if he was 90 at the time he would have been given multiple life sentences and sent to the worst prison possible most likely the Supermax
Griz23
Straightened out

Post by Griz23 »

What Gohn said makes the most sense. I had forgot that guys Basciano, Marcello and Lombardo who recently died a few months ago were at supermax. That is where the worst of the worst goes. I believe that is where El Chapo is.
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

Griz23 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:40 am What Gohn said makes the most sense. I had forgot that guys Basciano, Marcello and Lombardo who recently died a few months ago were at supermax. That is where the worst of the worst goes. I believe that is where El Chapo is.
So was Vito Rizzuto
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

Griz23 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:40 am What Gohn said makes the most sense. I had forgot that guys Basciano, Marcello and Lombardo who recently died a few months ago were at supermax. That is where the worst of the worst goes. I believe that is where El Chapo is.
Yeah, you’d take a plea for just about anything to avoid going there. Cacace was in Ashland FCI, in Kentucky, before the end of his sentence, which is a low-security penitentiary.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
NYNighthawk
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by NYNighthawk »

Gotti, Jr. is making a big mistake to even have his pic taken with these guys. He is still on the radar and any young asst. US Atty wanting to make his or her bones will take any case against a Gotti. It doesn't take much to get arrested if your last name is Gotti.
Gabagool718
Straightened out

Post by Gabagool718 »

NYNighthawk wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:34 pm Gotti, Jr. is making a big mistake to even have his pic taken with these guys. He is still on the radar and any young asst. US Atty wanting to make his or her bones will take any case against a Gotti. It doesn't take much to get arrested if your last name is Gotti.
These guys are fanboys Dame Trites especially I bet junior probably didn’t even have a clue who TF the were when they took that pic