Being a mobster in 2020?

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

scagghiuni
Full Patched

Re: Being a mobster in 2020?

Post by scagghiuni »

furiofromnaples wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:02 am The Italy is different from the Canada or the US. Now with the quarantine many people that was working illegaly and cosa nostra men are robbing markets and distribute food for give the inmate that the State cant provide to the poors but only them.
What damaged US mafia is that the young generations doesnt want to made long sentences knowing that can flip and rebuilt a life in a another place without consequences.
In Canada is difference and the are still the ties with the old country and second generation italians have more opportunity to made cash in the "life".
that's what i mean, the canadian mafia members can be maybe more involved in international drug trafficking, but concerning the territorial power they are not even close, they don't control montreal like the mafia run palermo, they are not close to local politicians and public administrators like mafiosi in sicily
furiofromnaples
Full Patched

Post by furiofromnaples »

Speaking of Vito Rizzuto,his masterpiece was to create an organization that keep united bikers,irishs,haitians with the sicilian mob for made bussiness especially with drugs and avoid war. Its strange but this thugs respected Vito and followed his Davide and only after he went away began the war.
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

queensnyer wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:32 am im a foreman with a construction union in nyc, go to the dol website and keep an eye out for recruitments. current coronavirus situation is me and many more are home at the moment. ive got 14 years in and worked woth the right people but even regular journeyman who hustle can make 100k easy
People who arent from this area need to understand though that 100K here in NYC/Jersey isnt the same as 100K a year out in Casper, Ohio. Its a nice middle class salary around these parts.
MSFRD
Straightened out

Post by MSFRD »

From an Australian perspective, the criminal element has been ‘dumbed down’ considerably from 30-40 years ago. The underworld has changed immensely.
First, there are many who are in it who should not be there. We underestimate the influence and power of Hollywood on the minds of the young; being a ‘gangster’ and emulation of the lifestyle of Tony Montana has drawn many kids who just aren’t cut out for this lifestyle. This has exploded with social media. The ability to project an image and engage in disorganised violence draws many disaffected kids to crime.
Secondly, the newcomers to this world engage in primarily one thing: drug trafficking. It’s not very difficult to sell drugs and make exorbitant amounts of money.
The way I hear the ‘knowledgeable’ posters speak of the old neighbourhood guys sitting around trying to think of scores, and hustling to make a dollar or build a racket reminds me of the old-school Australian crims. The old-school underworld was full of crims who had to have some brains, had to use their cunning ability to make a living in the shadows.
Of course, there are and always will be the men who do not wish to play by the rules and are naturally adept at deception, with the ability to skirt the law and make a living. But they are saturated by young thugs influenced by tv, or the drug affected bottom-feeders; both of these do not have the ability to pull off intricate scams, or white-collar crimes. Yet, they are now the majority in a world they don’t belong in. Most likely these wannabe’s are the vast majority of the recruitment pool for the modern LCN.
baldo
Straightened out

Post by baldo »

NJShore4Life wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:24 am
queensnyer wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:32 am im a foreman with a construction union in nyc, go to the dol website and keep an eye out for recruitments. current coronavirus situation is me and many more are home at the moment. ive got 14 years in and worked woth the right people but even regular journeyman who hustle can make 100k easy
People who arent from this area need to understand though that 100K here in NYC/Jersey isnt the same as 100K a year out in Casper, Ohio. Its a nice middle class salary around these parts.
I live in NJ (work in NYC) and this couldn't be more true. In fact, I'd go as far as to say $100K here might not even be middle class :lol:

Often, I think to myself, why the hell do I live out here and put myself through this (sky high real estate costs/taxes, insane commute). Honestly, it's only because of my family at this point. When my parents are gone, I'll have to seriously reconsider.
Philly d
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Philly d »

baldo wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:33 am
I live in NJ (work in NYC) and this couldn't be more true. In fact, I'd go as far as to say $100K here might not even be middle class :lol:

Often, I think to myself, why the hell do I live out here and put myself through this (sky high real estate costs/taxes, insane commute). Honestly, it's only because of my family at this point. When my parents are gone, I'll have to seriously reconsider.
Yeah, I don't know if I would call it Middle Class either.
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

Philly d wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:47 am

True, Lower Middle Class is 100K a year here I would say.

It's really tough to make it around here and a total rat race not many people are cut out for, why when I travel to other parts of the USA I am blown away by how slow and stupid some of these people are in places in Middle America and The South.
queensnyer
Straightened out

Post by queensnyer »

NJShore4Life wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:44 am

It's really tough to make it around here and a total rat race not many people are cut out for, why when I travel to other parts of the USA I am blown away by how slow and stupid some of these people are in places in Middle America and The South.
yep correct.100-150k is a survivable living in nyc but not wealthy. but my point is ive heard different things some from the sources themselves. the money for 75% of the guys is just that middle class salries. sure there are guys who make millions but most guys running gambling and a few loans a scheme here and there aren't pulling more than 150k a year. gene borello said he was making 5gs a week, that's 250k a year give or take, but he was only on the street for like 4 years out of 10 so if you do the math, its not worth it as far as I see.
Peppermint
Full Patched

Post by Peppermint »

100k feels more like 10k in New York lol, it’s pathetic. You can take a 100k to a place like Pennslyvania, and buy a house there that would cost 2 million in New York. It’s the craziest fucking thing lol
It’s Blood alone, that moves the wheels of history
queensnyer
Straightened out

Post by queensnyer »

Peppermint wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:32 pm
100k feels more like 10k in New York lol, it’s pathetic. You can take a 100k to a place like Pennslyvania, and buy a house there that would cost 2 million in New York. It’s the craziest fucking thing lol
yeah im thinking of leaving nyc myself. not the same city it was anyway.
Peppermint
Full Patched

Post by Peppermint »

queensnyer wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:34 pm
Yeah I gotta get the hell out of Long Island once all of this is over, it’s becoming a real shit hole, and not worth how expensive it is here when the place has been turning in to just one huge island wide heroin den.

Probably going to goto Pennslyvania after this virus mess is over, before this virus disrupted everything P.A has been on the rise. Lots of development, and jobs were becoming super abundant there. Plus, my father-in-law’s mortgage is literally half what I pay in rent, I need me some of that easy ass living. Just get myself a huge estate, and a fuck ton of land.
It’s Blood alone, that moves the wheels of history
TallGuy19
Full Patched

Post by TallGuy19 »

NJShore4Life wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:44 am

We might be stupid, but at least we're not stupid enough to pay $3,000/month for a studio apartment.
"A thug changes, and love changes, and best friends become strangers. Word up."
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Or vote in Bill DeBlasio and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez to high office. :lol:

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Or Hillary Clinton for Senator.
All roads lead to New York.
Philly d
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Philly d »

queensnyer wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:34 pm
I was making $110K and getting by..but wasn't saving anything. I lived in the city...decent apartment but not fancy. I left for Florida three years ago. You are write it's not the same city anymore...I was born in 1977 in NYC.