General Mob Questions

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

chin_gigante
Full Patched

Re: General Mob Questions

Post by chin_gigante »

The Valuetainment interviews can be quite frustrating. Franzese uses them to change his story time and again and the Gravano interview was rambling and unfocused. I pulled my hair out when he asked Frank Cullotta if Chicago sent tribute back to the old country "like the New York families".
Most of that is understandable though. The Valuetainment guy isn't a mob researcher and most of his audience isn't either, so people like us aren't going to get anywhere near the same amount of value (pardon the pun) from his interviews as we would, for instance, from something like Soliai's QnA with DiLeonardo
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

chin_gigante wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:50 am The Valuetainment interviews can be quite frustrating. Franzese uses them to change his story time and again and the Gravano interview was rambling and unfocused. I pulled my hair out when he asked Frank Cullotta if Chicago sent tribute back to the old country "like the New York families".
Most of that is understandable though. The Valuetainment guy isn't a mob researcher and most of his audience isn't either, so people like us aren't going to get anywhere near the same amount of value (pardon the pun) from his interviews as we would, for instance, from something like Soliai's QnA with DiLeonardo
Well I believe ever since he started getting such Valuable feedback from his mafia videos he now interviews all the re hashed players telling the same stories that are in all the documentaries. He even does cartel stuff now.

They're good to listen to like if ur tryna sleep but listen. I just don't get how pistone actually acted like Nicky really got killed lol.

Also, the gravano interview was pretty good considering I never heard him before. Surprised he didn't go on a bigger platform.

Would be interested in seeing the bull and God the father both at same time
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
queensnyer
Straightened out

Post by queensnyer »

sorry if this has been asked already, just curious in its hayday the mob had a few non Italian associates given the respect of made men and or capos running crews of associates even. ie: jimmy burke, joe watts, Meldish even. are there currently any similar guys on the street. powerful non Italian associates, with impact and respect. im assuming some Russian or Albanian guys are around but id consider them more with their own kind. just guys running exclusively under flag with the Italians.??
TallGuy19
Full Patched

Post by TallGuy19 »

queensnyer wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:00 am sorry if this has been asked already, just curious in its hayday the mob had a few non Italian associates given the respect of made men and or capos running crews of associates even. ie: jimmy burke, joe watts, Meldish even. are there currently any similar guys on the street. powerful non Italian associates, with impact and respect. im assuming some Russian or Albanian guys are around but id consider them more with their own kind. just guys running exclusively under flag with the Italians.??
Joe Scarborough is an associate of the Genovese family who runs his own crew.

https://www.upi.com/Top_News/2006/03/07 ... 141709861/
"A thug changes, and love changes, and best friends become strangers. Word up."
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

TallGuy19 wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:05 pm Joe Scarborough is an associate of the Genovese family who runs his own crew.

https://www.upi.com/Top_News/2006/03/07 ... 141709861/

He also hosts his own show on MSNBC. Shows the true reach and power of the Genovese family.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
UTC
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by UTC »

lol. Obviously a devotee of Vito Marcantonio.
Hired_Goonz
Straightened out

Post by Hired_Goonz »

I guess that dead intern they found in his office was a rat.
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

Was Carmine Galante ever actually Joe Bonanno's underboss or is it just a misconception, like how Sonny Franzese is often touted to have been the Colombo underboss in the 1960s when we know it was actually Charlie Mineo?
JMAN723
Straightened out

Post by JMAN723 »

Why did Phil Testa name Pete Casella as underboss? It’s something I never got. I know the Genovese had told Testa to name Scarfo either underboss or consigliere but that made sense considering how close Scarfo and Testa were. But Casella just got out of jail and was a drug dealer. Obviously it was a choice that came back to bite Testa
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

chin_gigante wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:56 am Was Carmine Galante ever actually Joe Bonanno's underboss or is it just a misconception, like how Sonny Franzese is often touted to have been the Colombo underboss in the 1960s when we know it was actually Charlie Mineo?

Error from the Valachi era charts that carried on.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Is it bc Galante lead the "Canadian faction" during that time??

What exactly was the Canadian crew??
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

Anyone got access to a PACER account?
SantoClaus
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by SantoClaus »

I believe the ‘Canadian Crew’ May of contained the Contronis in Montreal, that’s where Galante was sent. Also, I believe that Galante, was a mentor of sort to John Papalia from Hamilton.
“To know and not to do, is not to know”
Peppermint
Full Patched

Post by Peppermint »

Where does one go about researching members of the mob? Where could I access for instance a database of names of older members, among other things like that?

Trying to find information about another family member, on my mother’s side, while waiting until I am able to goto California to continue my research on my great grandfather on my father’s side. I made a thread about it requesting information but to no avail, I didn’t get any replies which is fine.

Mostly just trying to find out if this guy even exists, and if the story I was told about him is true. Long story short, there was a hit out on my grandfather, and my grandmother had her brother cancel the hit. But since no one is able to, or willing to help me I have to take it upon myself and I have no idea how. Unlike the rest of you, the mob has only been a mild interest of mine up until just a couple years ago so I am not nearly as knowledgeable as all of you clearly are.
It’s Blood alone, that moves the wheels of history
Cacuzza
Straightened out

Post by Cacuzza »

Peppermint wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:58 pm Where does one go about researching members of the mob? Where could I access for instance a database of names of older members, among other things like that?

Trying to find information about another family member, on my mother’s side, while waiting until I am able to goto California to continue my research on my great grandfather on my father’s side. I made a thread about it requesting information but to no avail, I didn’t get any replies which is fine.

Mostly just trying to find out if this guy even exists, and if the story I was told about him is true. Long story short, there was a hit out on my grandfather, and my grandmother had her brother cancel the hit. But since no one is able to, or willing to help me I have to take it upon myself and I have no idea how. Unlike the rest of you, the mob has only been a mild interest of mine up until just a couple years ago so I am not nearly as knowledgeable as all of you clearly are.
Have you tried searching their name in genealogy web sites? Hire a private investigator or professional researcher. There is no guarantee what the result of their effort (if any) will be, but they will be more than happy to take your money.