GL NEWS 3/19/2020

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Re: GL NEWS 3/19/2020

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Wiseguys have been doing home invasions since at least the 1970s. Pistone talks about guys doing in it his book. If memory serves so does Henry Hill. Hell wasn't Joe Masseria arrested for robbing someone's home back in the 1910s? If there is a buck to be made they will do it regardless of who might get hurt.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

Philly d wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:32 am
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:30 am Thanks for the post Bklyn.

The Borrello story confused the f out of me.
No one knew it was him yet Giallanzo rocked up on his door 6hrs later?
It was an Gambino ‘associate’ yet it was capo Trucchio?
They hit the guy getting into a black car or inside the club and everyone had to lay down except Trucchio who stood.

Lost me.
Me too.
I couldn't follow it
I'll race you around the corner for fuckin $400 - the skinny
dave
Straightened out

Post by dave »

I wonder if Capeci's sources are confusing two different incidents. Also, Capeci misquotes Borrello at one point. Borrello never said "Gambino captain" in the story, he said "Gambino card place".
At the door, Ronnie G "tells me, 'Turn the fuck around, get the fuck upstairs, give me the money back and the watch.' I say, 'What are you talking about?' He says, 'You dumb motherfuckers, they found out it was you. They could kill you for this. You fucking rob a Gambino captain. I'm best friends with the guy."

Ronald TrucchioBorrello did not identify the Gambino capo, but sources on both sides of the law agree that he was referring to Trucchio, and that the scene of the crime, which, of course, was never reported to police, was in Astoria, at a social club that Alphonse had taken over from his father, Ronald, a.k.a. Ronnie One Arm, who was then awaiting trial for racketeering in Florida.
The quote is at 20:42

https://youtu.be/W5d9S3OZb-E
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

Jr. Gotti is still repeated by most, a few don't like him. He is probably happy he is shelved and out of everything.
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

dave wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:44 pm I wonder if Capeci's sources are confusing two different incidents. Also, Capeci misquotes Borrello at one point. Borrello never said "Gambino captain" in the story, he said "Gambino card place".
At the door, Ronnie G "tells me, 'Turn the fuck around, get the fuck upstairs, give me the money back and the watch.' I say, 'What are you talking about?' He says, 'You dumb motherfuckers, they found out it was you. They could kill you for this. You fucking rob a Gambino captain. I'm best friends with the guy."

Ronald TrucchioBorrello did not identify the Gambino capo, but sources on both sides of the law agree that he was referring to Trucchio, and that the scene of the crime, which, of course, was never reported to police, was in Astoria, at a social club that Alphonse had taken over from his father, Ronald, a.k.a. Ronnie One Arm, who was then awaiting trial for racketeering in Florida.
The quote is at 20:42

https://youtu.be/W5d9S3OZb-E
this makes the most sense. the source(s) are probably mixing up, and conflating, two separate incidents - both of which probably happened to some degree, lying in the middle of where Borrello and the sources place it

Borrello doesnt come across as a hyper exaggerator though, and he really doesnt come off as self serving. he doesnt try to make himself seem more important and bigger than he was; he straight up said he was low man on the totem pole who liked to rob, and was used as a torpedo by guys with clout. he doesnt even badmouth his former superiors that much, or as much as he could, compared to how other rats constantly take shots at their “he forced me to flip” former bosses.

time will tell, I guess. if we see Borrello 3-4 years from now rehashing these same stories then, well, we know. all things considered he seems like a good kid though

one thing that im glad he touched on was Asaro and money. im glad he actually cleared that up, because i never ever believed Asaro was broke. i thought it was a big act...a combo of him being old, greedy and cheap...mixed with him being low key and trying to front like he didnt have anything. come to find out he was really broke
bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

hello Bert..jr gotti is happy he is not in prison, but not being relevant in the mob is a huge ego blow ..
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

bert wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:09 pm Jr. Gotti is still repeated by most, a few don't like him. He is probably happy he is shelved and out of everything.
You mean respected? Bet they all despise him
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

TommyGambino wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:54 am
bert wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:09 pm Jr. Gotti is still repeated by most, a few don't like him. He is probably happy he is shelved and out of everything.
Yes, I meant to say respected, auto correct changed it and I didn't catch it.
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

bert wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:18 am
Why would they respect a rat
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

TommyGambino wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:45 pm
bert wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:18 am
Why would they respect a rat
He's not seen as a rat by most.
Bklyn21
Full Patched

Post by Bklyn21 »

Borrello doesn't talk about how Cognata slapped Asaro and that was one of the reasons for him almost being killed , The fact that Cognata was like an 8 year old girl without a weapon , How he got his ass kicked on a few occasions , He doesn't talk about the Sneaker corner incident where he teamed up with Cognata to take someone down and he got his ass kicked , How Cognata gravitated and was eventually with remnants of the Trucchio crew and trying to get made with the Gambinos , He doesn't talk about Tuccio ! Tell it all Gene don't leave out the best stuff
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

Bklyn21 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:33 am Borrello doesn't talk about how Cognata slapped Asaro and that was one of the reasons for him almost being killed , The fact that Cognata was like an 8 year old girl without a weapon , How he got his ass kicked on a few occasions , He doesn't talk about the Sneaker corner incident where he teamed up with Cognata to take someone down and he got his ass kicked , How Cognata gravitated and was eventually with remnants of the Trucchio crew and trying to get made with the Gambinos , He doesn't talk about Tuccio ! Tell it all Gene don't leave out the best stuff
Cognata slapped Asaro? Jerry or Vinny?
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
Bklyn21
Full Patched

Post by Bklyn21 »

slimshady_007 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:02 am
Bklyn21 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:33 am Borrello doesn't talk about how Cognata slapped Asaro and that was one of the reasons for him almost being killed , The fact that Cognata was like an 8 year old girl without a weapon , How he got his ass kicked on a few occasions , He doesn't talk about the Sneaker corner incident where he teamed up with Cognata to take someone down and he got his ass kicked , How Cognata gravitated and was eventually with remnants of the Trucchio crew and trying to get made with the Gambinos , He doesn't talk about Tuccio ! Tell it all Gene don't leave out the best stuff
Cognata slapped Asaro? Jerry or Vinny?
Vinny supposedly and that was a reason they were trying to kill him , One of the reasons !
Bklyn21
Full Patched

Post by Bklyn21 »

That was what alot of the beef was over and he was supposedly confronted and threatened by Vinny and he slapped him
Bklyn21
Full Patched

Post by Bklyn21 »

Cognata was dealing with and for Gambinos and Gambino affiliated dealers etc..