Pleasant Avenue Documentary except w Judge Edwin Torres (Carlito's Way)

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Pleasant Avenue Documentary except w Judge Edwin Torres (Carlito's Way)

Post by Angelo Santino »

https://vimeo.com/89266281

Allegedly Pacino mimiced Torres' accent for the role of Carlito Brigante, given Pacino's own roots in Corleonese Harlem, he was well placed to do so.
Grouchy Sinatra
Full Patched

Re: Pleasant Avenue Documentary except w Judge Edwin Torres (Carlito's Way)

Post by Grouchy Sinatra »

"Who you been with? Chain snatchin', jive ass, maricon mother fuckers."
Glick told author Nicholas Pileggi that he expected to meet a banker-type individual, but instead, he found Alvin Baron to be a gruff, tough-talking cigar-chomping Teamster who greeted him with, “What the fuck do you want?”
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

nice. thanks cc
I'll race you around the corner for fuckin $400 - the skinny
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Hey remember me, Benny Blanco from the Bronx?

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
JIGGS
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by JIGGS »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:39 pm Hey remember me, Benny Blanco from the Bronx?

Pogo
"Maybe I dont remember the last time I blew my nose either. Who the fuck are you I should remember you? You aint like me motherfucka. You a punk."

JIGGS
JIGGS
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by JIGGS »

All due respect to the judge sounds like bullshit hes selling. If anybody thinks 40% out a the 60% of H from Marselles France made its way to Pleasant Avenue I got a 5 block avenue to sell you. Pleasant Avenue and Paladino Avenue after it was nice and usually safe neighborhoods. Maybe a stray from a zip gun or two and a few fights here and there with the corner boys (gangs) but nothing crazy. As soon as they razed the tenements along 1st & 2nd Avenue and put up the housing projects that was the end of little italy in harlem.

JIGGS
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

JIGGS wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:36 pm All due respect to the judge sounds like bullshit hes selling. If anybody thinks 40% out a the 60% of H from Marselles France made its way to Pleasant Avenue I got a 5 block avenue to sell you. Pleasant Avenue and Paladino Avenue after it was nice and usually safe neighborhoods. Maybe a stray from a zip gun or two and a few fights here and there with the corner boys (gangs) but nothing crazy. As soon as they razed the tenements along 1st & 2nd Avenue and put up the housing projects that was the end of little italy in harlem.

JIGGS
You are probably right but Pleasant Ave was a freaking gold mine of drug activity. A lotta young kids got rich selling coke and dope on Pleasant Ave.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Pete Amadesso walks into my club just like that. Bullshit. There's an angle here. Pete's a made guy. His uncle's a heavy hitter with the Pleasant Avenue bunch.
All roads lead to New York.
Grouchy Sinatra
Full Patched

Glick told author Nicholas Pileggi that he expected to meet a banker-type individual, but instead, he found Alvin Baron to be a gruff, tough-talking cigar-chomping Teamster who greeted him with, “What the fuck do you want?”
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

You ain't a lawyer no more. You a gangster now. You can't learn it at school... you can't have a late start.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Grouchy Sinatra
Full Patched

What happened to the miniskirts? Where’s all that marijuana? Now everything is platforms, cocaine, and dances. I don’t dance.
Ozgoz
Straightened out

Post by Ozgoz »

So here’s me, on the board, playing Humphrey Bogart..
WHHAAT MUUUYDAAAAH???????
valinho
Prospect

Post by valinho »

But it’s like them old reflexes comin’ back. I know what’s supposed to happen now. Benny’s gotta go down. And if I don’t do it, they’re gonna say: “Carlito, he’s flaky, man. Slacked-out. A used-to-be bad guy. Joint got to Carlito.” The street is watchin’. She is watchin’ all the time.
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

Jiggs, would you care to go into E 105 and E 106th st between 1st and 3rd and what was going on at that time? Who was on those streets in those days? (Not directly an OC question.)
JIGGS
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by JIGGS »

Chris Christie wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:29 pm Jiggs, would you care to go into E 105 and E 106th st between 1st and 3rd and what was going on at that time? Who was on those streets in those days? (Not directly an OC question.)
What time is that? If you mean the 1970s it was a whole different ball game from when I was a kid. PRs took over. Commie fucks started burning garbage in the middle a the street. Brown berets. The fucking panthers. There was a riot and you had mayor lindsey the s%$c champ torres and carlos ortiz who ran a niteclub in the bronx on colgate avenue. It was blow central. They was walking arm and arm the way uptown. They calmed the natives but somebody threw a metal garbage can from the roof onto the street almost assasinating the mayor and hell broke loose. Cops wayling on everyone that walked. As far as lcn on them blocks the city did away with the buildings that used to run along 2nd and 1st on 106. There was a social club on 104 and 2nd when I was a kid. Eddie coco, ziggy shatz, frankie carbon who they say wacked out bugsy siegel. Tony lentino who owned the dreamland dance hall on 125 and later moved it downtown to broadway after the riots before I was born. He was biggest pimp in the city. I think the don tarttaglia from the godfather was base on him. short and ugly like a pug. Them and some other guys that was'nt italian were who I remember seeing at least once. In them days they had windows. It wasnt bricked up like the gotti hq on mulberry. They could see out and a square citizen could see in. They was all paraded on tv and the papers during the keefauva show. That social club later became a bar called christophers. PR clientel took it over. It was owned by a black. I felt like dorothy. Thats when I known I wasnt in kansas no more.

JIGGS