Richard Cantarella testimony notes

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Re: Richard Cantarella testimony notes

Post by CabriniGreen »

chubby wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:19 pm Sorry to ramble.. but I’ve heard rumors that patty was a brokester, but this confirmed it fully... how the hell was he a skipper when he basically had his soldiers supporting him??? What the fuck did he do all day then?? Obviously not hustle or scheme daily like most guys.. especially now where being a money maker seems to be the most important attribute families look for... wonder how he was a captain for so long when Vinny was obviously out earning him tenfold, it seems like he seriously had nothing of his own going on..
Some guys have alluded to this, how the capable guys are often feared or subjects of vicious envy, instead of valued.... Defillipo seems like he just followed Massino around... probably a kiss ass......

Everyone has seen this at their job, the guy who works his ass off gets passed over for the fuckin kiss ass suck up...
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

I cant believe they hit Sciascia, and kept brokers and rats around, mob cronyism at its finest.....
stubbs
Straightened out

Post by stubbs »

CabriniGreen wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:08 am I cant believe they hit Sciascia, and kept brokers and rats around, mob cronyism at its finest.....
I’m going to give you the most Cabrini answer possible...

Because it’s about power. Massino was more concerned about consolidating, then keeping and maintaining his power as a boss. What good is having a powerful capo underneath him if that capo isn’t 100% loyal and subservient to his authority? Georgie was likely more loyal to Rizzuto so he was a threat to Massino’s power which is why he had to go. I’m not saying I agree with it, just trying to explain the thought process.

Remember that Massino originally consolidated his power under Rastelli by killing the three capos, then later having another capo, Cesare B, killed. Those four were all heavyweights in their own right, and the family as a whole was likely much worse off without them... but Massino’s own control was solidified by having them out of the way.
IrishDave
Straightened out

Post by IrishDave »

stubbs wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:49 am
CabriniGreen wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:08 am I cant believe they hit Sciascia, and kept brokers and rats around, mob cronyism at its finest.....

Because it’s about power. Massino was more concerned about consolidating, then keeping and maintaining his power as a boss. What good is having a powerful capo underneath him if that capo isn’t 100% loyal and subservient to his authority? Georgie was likely more loyal to Rizzuto so he was a threat to Massino’s power which is why he had to go. I’m not saying I agree with it, just trying to explain the thought process.

Remember that Massino originally consolidated his power under Rastelli by killing the three capos, then later having another capo, Cesare B, killed. Those four were all heavyweights in their own right, and the family as a whole was likely much worse off without them... but Massino’s own control was solidified by having them out of the way.

According to Cantarella, George said that he would never have TG as one of his capo's. When this got back to Massino, he was outraged. George was directly questioning his authority and judgement. So Massino had him killed.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

stubbs wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:49 am

Lol, +100 Cant argue with that my man...
Griz23
Straightened out

Post by Griz23 »

Wow thank you for this. This info is really good. I had been under the impression that Massino and Basciano were close because didn't Basciano become the street boss or underboss after Massino flipped? That might have had nothing to do with Massino but that was always my impression. Any information would be appreciated.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Griz23 wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:45 am Wow thank you for this. This info is really good. I had been under the impression that Massino and Basciano were close because didn't Basciano become the street boss or underboss after Massino flipped? That might have had nothing to do with Massino but that was always my impression. Any information would be appreciated.

Massino sent word from prison for Basciano to become his Acting Boss. This was before he cooperated of course.

Pogo
Last edited by Pogo The Clown on Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Joe m
On Record

Post by Joe m »

More like Vinny appoints himself
Joe m
On Record

Post by Joe m »

Richie is a legendary liar and the TV show he did shows how much of an ass hole he was
Jbravo
Straightened out

Post by Jbravo »

Fuckin clown is more like it.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Looks like Maxipad is talking to himself again. :lol:

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
TallGuy19
Full Patched

Post by TallGuy19 »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:34 pm Looks like Maxipad is talking to himself again. :lol:

Pogo
Are these all Maxi accounts?
"A thug changes, and love changes, and best friends become strangers. Word up."
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Joe m is definitely him. Looks he was just clipped again. Johnbravo raises all the red flags and I'm pretty sure it is him.

Pogo
Clackclack
Honorary Member

Post by Clackclack »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:34 pm Looks like Maxipad is talking to himself again. :lol:

Pogo
Maxine’s prose was fucking insane. The way the idiot wrote with a poor man’s Jimmy Cagney affect. Not to mention his ridiculous insults.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Lol, maxipad aside. (Which I agree w Pogo that that is him)

Honestly, to me at least, it looks like Massino named Basciano Acting Boss TO FLIP ON HIM.

That's what I allways kinda felt... But especially with all this showing he never really liked him. Anyone else think that's possible??

I think Massino knew all along that hed flip. If ur gonna flip ur gonna flip.
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.