Mafia scammers??

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Mafia scammers??

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Here in Detroit... A new thing on the rise is called

Card Scammin aka Scam man and also Swippers aka credit card fraud.

Both are different and both are hugely on the rise in the hood. ALMOST as big as dealing drugs. So much to the point ther us SEVERAL new rappers that call there rap now scam rap.

That along w the main group that started it use the Soprano line of "are u in the mafia" before there songs.

So I'm asking is this a mafia thing as well??. Haven't heard much about mafia swipers.... And these kids are getting massive amounts of money and little to no prison time when caught. Yes it's all federal but low fed time in some camp somewhere.

Any thoughts?
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
TwoPiece
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Mafia scammers??

Post by TwoPiece »

lol you're in tune with all those detroit scam rappers huh. definitely seems like a good route to take if you're gonna live a life of crime anyway.

the mafia has definitely been involved in all sorts of fraud, the andrew campos and richard martino case is probably the biggest, but idk if they've been on the same type of shit these guys are doing.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

TwoPiece wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:20 am lol you're in tune with all those detroit scam rappers huh. definitely seems like a good route to take if you're gonna live a life of crime anyway.

the mafia has definitely been involved in all sorts of fraud, the andrew campos and richard martino case is probably the biggest, but idk if they've been on the same type of shit these guys are doing.
Credit card fraud is widespread in the Colombos too. Vincent DeMartino’s house in Queens was funded and renovated entirely on stolen credit cards that were custom-made with other people’s details.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Currently there are people who walk around the streets with small credit card machines in their hands, and usually hang around crowded places such as town buses, subways, airports, restaurants, clubs, hospitals etc.

So they slowly get near you and again slowly place their arm with the credit card machine next to your bag or your pocket where your card or wallet is usually located, and make a transaction. The thing is that they cannot cross the limit of 10 or 15 euros without typing a password, but if one single street scammer can succeed in doing the same thing to 15 or 20 victims a day...the whole operation can generate a lot of cash if there are for example only 10 runners in your crew..they are able to bring at least 2000 euros on daily basis.
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
CTamg65
Straightened out

Post by CTamg65 »

Brooklyn especially is known for those type of schemes I read an article about it credit card scams are huge there in the rap game it's known as Free Bands meaning free stacks a money I'm sure it's not exclusively just them though but that article I read was probably four years ago needless to say it's been going on for a long time and is a popular hustle now I'm sure there's street guys that have hustles like that going on just like Gohn had mentioned and they probably don't even get there hands dirty
CTamg65
Straightened out

Post by CTamg65 »

I personally know of two people who were doing something similar one I met in prison he was from California he said he goes on the Dark Web or whatever it's called and guys the credit card machines but he he wasn't following people around like some of these kids he used to buy people's information with bitcoin he said the info was of some people that just died or whoever I don't remember every detail but from there he would make the cards and set them up how he wanted he would then make fake licences,passports,social security cards etc in turn he would then sell the cards with different set amount limits with the identifications for cash and of course but whatever he wanted he literally had customers in several states and he was arrested once and received minimal time in jail. Another guy that I know just so happened to be from Brooklyn, this dude would have at least 30 IDs and credit cards and go around buy-in IPhones from stores most he would get approved for family plans he would literally go from state to state he never got in trouble as far as I know for that and I know he made crazy money cause he's far from broke this was few years ago he ended up going down in a huge indictment off topic but Google Bushwick crew heroin not the black guys but the Spanish dudes running it was his nephew the guys were making Insane money a ties to cartel even had a article in GQ I think it's a good read re!ember I didnt say they were smart LoL but read it if I get a minute it's crazy how much money they made he only got five years but he's in some of the pics with them in Miami and the credit cards and IDs he got from them alao
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

CTamg65 wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:09 pm I personally know of two people who were doing something similar one I met in prison he was from California he said he goes on the Dark Web or whatever it's called and guys the credit card machines but he he wasn't following people around like some of these kids he used to buy people's information with bitcoin he said the info was of some people that just died or whoever I don't remember every detail but from there he would make the cards and set them up how he wanted he would then make fake licences,passports,social security cards etc in turn he would then sell the cards with different set amount limits with the identifications for cash and of course but whatever he wanted he literally had customers in several states and he was arrested once and received minimal time in jail. Another guy that I know just so happened to be from Brooklyn, this dude would have at least 30 IDs and credit cards and go around buy-in IPhones from stores most he would get approved for family plans he would literally go from state to state he never got in trouble as far as I know for that and I know he made crazy money cause he's far from broke this was few years ago he ended up going down in a huge indictment off topic but Google Bushwick crew heroin not the black guys but the Spanish dudes running it was his nephew the guys were making Insane money a ties to cartel even had a article in GQ I think it's a good read re!ember I didnt say they were smart LoL but read it if I get a minute it's crazy how much money they made he only got five years but he's in some of the pics with them in Miami and the credit cards and IDs he got from them alao
Good stories and thanks. There are dozens of different credit card schemes but the scheme which i previously mentioned is still somehow "unbreakable" by LE. You see i know a guy who is a local club singer but did some touring together with some bands along Italy and Germany.

So he allegedly made some contacts in Italy (dont know if it was Mafia or not) and suddenly this dude controlled a small army of teenagers packed with credit card machines who went through cities such as Milan, Monte Carlo or Nice where most of the locals and tourists usually dont notice or simply dont care if 15 euros are missing from their accounts. Our mutual buddy says that in just one year, only this guy made over 3 million euros, while the kids are obviously working for small change. Dont know how much his partners made, but this allegedly lasted for few years

When he got caught, he kept his mouth shut and was given 5 years in the can in Italy but was released after 3 and a half. Right now he still sings in his own club and enjoys his money. Currently both the Italian and Albanian clans are deeply involved in all kinds of credit card schemes around Europe and maybe the US
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

In January 2003, 5 people including Anthony Davids Sr. (who was associated with Genovese captain Anthony "Tough Tony" Federici), were indicted in Queens for running a cloned credit card operation in which employees of local pharmacies, shoe shops, convenience stores, etc. in New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut were paid $50 for each card they swiped through a "skimmer," which recorded all the card's information from a total of over 4,300 cards, including at least 200 of them actually cloned using high-tech magnetic strip decoders, hologram machines, and laser scanners, which were sold directly for $1,000 a piece or used used to purchase expensive items such as computers, power tools, flooring material, etc. for resale at steep discounts.
All roads lead to New York.
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

Credit card counterfeiting has been around since the 1960's, every group does it, the biggest is independents. The past few years a much younger group has gotten into it. The skimmers for ATM's are available online and there are a lo too quick buck artists who get in then out after they make some money. Villains post about it above sounds like a typical example.
CTamg65
Straightened out

Post by CTamg65 »

Your right the skimmers have been around forever I guess you really gotta watch the locations in which you use your card at an atm....strip clubs and bodegas gotta be the top two places where people get hit ,aside from the crazy fees to use them at strip clubs .....it's amazing how easy it is to get involved in something like that if you wanted to
Cacuzza
Straightened out

Post by Cacuzza »

If the scam on the credit card uses the radio frequency (RFID) method where the signal emitted by the card is skimmed by someone who use a device to pick it up within close proximity of the person with the card or the card itself; products are sold to block that type of skim.

Here are two products but there are a plethora of similar products available.

ArmourCard
https://armourcard.com/

SignalVault
https://www.signal-vault.com/

A web search will bring up many similar items. Although I sure there are scams (products that don't work or do anything) in this field too.

Don't leave home without it! What's in your wallet? :-)
TallGuy19
Full Patched

Post by TallGuy19 »

Villain wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:07 am Currently there are people who walk around the streets with small credit card machines in their hands, and usually hang around crowded places such as town buses, subways, airports, restaurants, clubs, hospitals etc.

So they slowly get near you and again slowly place their arm with the credit card machine next to your bag or your pocket where your card or wallet is usually located, and make a transaction. The thing is that they cannot cross the limit of 10 or 15 euros without typing a password, but if one single street scammer can succeed in doing the same thing to 15 or 20 victims a day...the whole operation can generate a lot of cash if there are for example only 10 runners in your crew..they are able to bring at least 2000 euros on daily basis.
I actually bought a wallet with special lining that is supposed to prevent those scanners from accessing my card.
"A thug changes, and love changes, and best friends become strangers. Word up."
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

I had no idea that was real shit. I do remember adds now for those wallets.

And here's what they do here round about:

-download the onion browser right off ur phone... Sure u can do it too. That's the "dark web"
when ur on... U can straight up buy ppls information. And then there's several ways to go from there. Most commonly just take the info and start swippin at Walmart.

You can also buy drugs right off the internet too. And supposedly the shits good!! U gotta read the reviews.
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
TwoPiece
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by TwoPiece »

there's a kid from detroit i see on ig, he's in walmart collecting cash almost daily, doing it all over the midwest.

not sure how it's done but he's at it constantly. he got indicted last year and got like 3 years probation, he was probably locked up less than a week overall.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

TallGuy19 wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:29 am
Villain wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:07 am Currently there are people who walk around the streets with small credit card machines in their hands, and usually hang around crowded places such as town buses, subways, airports, restaurants, clubs, hospitals etc.

I actually bought a wallet with special lining that is supposed to prevent those scanners from accessing my card.
I think i heard about that or maybe im wrong, but if so I hope that makes us all safe. Im more of a cash guy and usually keep my cards in my car. "She" is the safest place for me personally, a real sanctuary lol The only problem is that i travel very often and i always hide my cash on several different places
Last edited by Villain on Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.