2019 DEA National Drug Threat Assessment

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Wiseguy
Filthy Few

2019 DEA National Drug Threat Assessment

Post by Wiseguy »

All roads lead to New York.
Stroccos
Full Patched

Re: 2019 DEA National Drug Threat Assessment

Post by Stroccos »

interesting thanks for posting , I didn't see any mention of lcn which is not surprising
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Stroccos wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:23 am
interesting thanks for posting , I didn't see any mention of lcn which is not surprising
The last report that specifically mentioned the LCN (and IOC) was in 2009. However, these reports often use generic terms like "criminal enterprises" which could include an LCN family. This latest report is similar to the last several in recent years, mentioning the same primary groups in the U.S. drug trade. As far as the LCN goes, while the it is defined more as organized crime as opposed to the DTO's the DEA focuses on, it is true that the few small remaining families outside New York are hardly a blip on the radar in terms of drug trafficking at this point. The New York families still have the most involvement, obviously, but even they have been marginalized for years now.
tmarotta
Straightened out

Post by tmarotta »

Thank for posting. I noticed they no longer have a specific section for outlaw motorcycle clubs. They now group them in with street gangs. I wonder if DEA sees them as less of a threat or they are just reorganizing the report. Kind of surprising with an increase in OMC activity especially in the northeast and Midwest.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

tmarotta wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:44 pm Thank for posting. I noticed they no longer have a specific section for outlaw motorcycle clubs. They now group them in with street gangs. I wonder if DEA sees them as less of a threat or they are just reorganizing the report. Kind of surprising with an increase in OMC activity especially in the northeast and Midwest.
Street gangs, prison gangs, and outlaw motorcyle gangs are considered the "bedrock of the drug trade," i.e. they are behind most of the retail drug sales.
JIGGS
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by JIGGS »

So according to the dea heroin smuggling has gone up under the trump. With all the added security, fencing, drones?? How the fuck did that happen?

JIGGS
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

JIGGS wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:11 pm
So according to the dea heroin smuggling has gone up under the trump. With all the added security, fencing, drones?? How the fuck did that happen?

JIGGS
You'd probably want to look at drug seizures, smuggling levels, etc. across all drugs to make a judgement. As far as heroin itself, it seems there is a cyclical aspect to how popular drugs are and heroin seems to have picked up in recent years.
tmarotta
Straightened out

Post by tmarotta »

Actually according to the report heroin seizures are down from last year and the DEA predicts heroin smuggling will go down and the trafficking on fentanyl and other synthetic opioids will continue to go up. Furthermore the purity of heroin is down over the past few years while the presence of synthetic opioids is up.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

In Detroit, we had a news report about Crystal meth is for the first time being brought all over. And ik in my neighborhood it's true.

As well as, the clinics here have posters saying be careful of fentanyl. And I actually know a few ppl who are no longer dropping dirty on probation bc the HEROIN they buy off the streets is no longer heroin. And fentynal doesn't show up apparently.

They actually risk it.... Point is heroin on the streets is not even heroin any more
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
JIGGS
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by JIGGS »

tmarotta wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:22 pm Actually according to the report heroin seizures are down from last year and the DEA predicts heroin smuggling will go down and the trafficking on fentanyl and other synthetic opioids will continue to go up. Furthermore the purity of heroin is down over the past few years while the presence of synthetic opioids is up.
Were in the month of febrary of the 2020 man. Course its down at this point from last year. The report shows a spike in 2018 from 2016 and then it went up again in 2019.
No ones talking about purity. The report is covering how much quantity is making its way to U.S. It increased in last 4 years. The fuck you saying?

JIGGS
JIGGS
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by JIGGS »

Look at what page 9 says about smack. Then go to the section on smack on page 20 something. Fuck you taking about.

JIGGS
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

JIGGS
The fencing was the dumbest possible waste of money. All it does is make the cartels and human traffickers richer. The overwhelming majority of drugs are smuggled through ports of entry, not in the middle of the goddamn desert where the gov’t is building these walls and fences. The only thing the fences do is give the appearance that smuggling is more difficult, when in actuality it’s not. So it allows the cartels and traffickers to simply charge more for their services.
JIGGS
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by JIGGS »

Amershire_Ed wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:54 pm

JIGGS
The fencing was the dumbest possible waste of money. All it does is make the cartels and human traffickers richer. The overwhelming majority of drugs are smuggled through ports of entry, not in the middle of the goddamn desert where the gov’t is building these walls and fences. The only thing the fences do is give the appearance that smuggling is more difficult, when in actuality it’s not. So it allows the cartels and traffickers to simply charge more for their services.
You should be in charge a drug enforcement at the border. Not some skirt.

JIGGS
tmarotta
Straightened out

Post by tmarotta »

I misunderstood the report. My mistake.
CTamg65
Straightened out

Post by CTamg65 »

Jeremy I hear what your saying about the guys going to probation and not testing positive for heroin and getting away cause it's fentanyl but here in CT. , and federal probation the drug tests haven't been that vague in years there mostly 12 panel cups breaking down the opiates ( oxycodone,heroin ,fetanyl,methadone,suboxone) and then the other drugs I always thought it was cause of the opiate problem nowadays or guys getting a dirty and telling there P.O.they took a perc for there back but there really a junkie .....there not even sending guys to jail anymore on the state level at least just outpatient and then jail if your a lost cause which a high pct. Are ,talk about a huge waste of money in the end in almost all cases just repeat offenders ..drug laws have changed a lot around my way I thank God I never had that problem I have my weed card and I don't even burn heavy like I used mainly to relax late-night but I I know too many good people that shot has ruined