R.I.P. Sonny Franzese

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

motorfab
Full Patched

Re: Rip sonny franzese

Post by motorfab »

Ivan wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:53 am
motorfab wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:21 am in addition he helped produce Texas Chainsaw Massacre so just for that I respect him lol
Wow, seriously? I didn't know that. That's one of the best movies ever made IMHO.
Yes, I read it in a movie magazine a few years ago. And yes it is clearly one of the best film ever made (and yet I am not a horror cinema addict)
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: Rip sonny franzese

Post by Lupara »

Amershire_Ed wrote:Who is the oldest living American Cosa Nostra member now?

I’m curious what his funeral looks like. Gonna be a lotta wiseguys that want to pay their respects. Wonder if his family will try and keep it more low key, especially since they have two sons that aren’t well liked by a lot of those guys.
Taking Cali's funeral for example it will probably be low key. Mobsters nowadays try to dodge the limelight as much as they can.

SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Wasn’t Sonny a producer in Deep throat as well?
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

Damn, RIP.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
motorfab
Full Patched

Post by motorfab »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:11 am Wasn’t Sonny a producer in Deep throat as well?
As for Texas Chainsaw he participates in the financing (it is not quite the same as a producer, who controls funding)
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

motorfab wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:33 am
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:11 am Wasn’t Sonny a producer in Deep throat as well?
As for Texas Chainsaw he participates in the financing (it is not quite the same as a producer, who controls funding)
Yep, financing only, like he was for most movies.

Hired_Goonz
Straightened out

Post by Hired_Goonz »

Well, he did it his way. Nice to see that he died a free man. Unfortunately I think this means that Michael will be even more obnoxious in the media. He'll probably come out and say that his dad killed JFK or some such bullshit.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

Hired_Goonz wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:35 am Well, he did it his way. Nice to see that he died a free man. Unfortunately I think this means that Michael will be even more obnoxious in the media. He'll probably come out and say that his dad killed JFK or some such bullshit.
I remember Michael Franzese went through a bizarre phase where he claimed his dad was born in 1919, not 1917, and how he was even able to fool the government about his own age. Michael indicated like Sonny was one-upping the government that way (no clue how). Then, when 2017 rolled around and the 100-year-old Sonny walked out of prison, MIchael never mentioned the age thing again, 'cos it's way better for the headlines if a 100-year-old walks out of prison compared to a 98-year-old.

SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

gohnjotti wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:39 am
Hired_Goonz wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:35 am Well, he did it his way. Nice to see that he died a free man. Unfortunately I think this means that Michael will be even more obnoxious in the media. He'll probably come out and say that his dad killed JFK or some such bullshit.
I remember Michael Franzese went through a bizarre phase where he claimed his dad was born in 1919, not 1917, and how he was even able to fool the government about his own age. Michael indicated like Sonny was one-upping the government that way (no clue how). Then, when 2017 rolled around and the 100-year-old Sonny walked out of prison, MIchael never mentioned the age thing again, 'cos it's way better for the headlines if a 100-year-old walks out of prison compared to a 98-year-old.
You got to see him just in time G.

Regards Michael, I can’t stand that guy. Born again Christian/Pastor who lives in a mansion. So much for religious humility. Religion sure does pay well eh Mike. And recently he’s been popping up on YouTube doing ‘mafia boss does.....’ where he reviews video games and garbage like that. Guy screams of a used car salesmen fraud to yours.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:54 am
gohnjotti wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:39 am
You got to see him just in time G.
The best part of my trip to New York was that chance encounter at Bamonte’s. How is it just a coincidence that a Colombo family blogger goes to New York and happens to catch the most legendary Colombo mobster eating a plate with cuz John Capolino.

Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

One thing I always think about with Michael Franzese and his truthfulness is he makes a point in every single interview to say that he’s the only person alive from that infamous Newsweek with the “top 50 wealthiest mob bosses” or whatever. And all I can think when I hear that is “yeah that just means there’s still hardly anyone around that could call you on your BS”.

The other thing that bothers me about Michael Franzese is he doesn’t need to make up things like he does. It’s like, dude.......your dad/step dad or whatever is Sonny Franzese, you made millions as a Capo in the Colombo Family. That story alone is interesting enough for people to want to learn more. I don’t get the need to make up all these little things. Like knowing Hoffa’s killer and having tapes that prove it. Or suggesting Chin wanted to bring over to the Genovese Family. Or that he was being groomed to be boss. You have an interesting enough story without all that....why need to diminish your credibility by making all that stuff up? And stop saying you are the only high ranking mafioso to walk away from the life. You snitched. Period. That’s why you aren’t in the life. Even if you didn’t lock any wiseguys up, you still took the stand against Norby Walters, and gave the Feds info about the Colombo Family they weren’t aware of.
NYNighthawk
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by NYNighthawk »

If Sonny could talk I have a feeling he would be telling us how hot it is where he ended up!
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

motorfab wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:57 am
motorfab wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:21 am in addition he helped produce Texas Chainsaw Massacre so just for that I respect him lol
Wow, seriously? I didn't know that. That's one of the best movies ever made IMHO.
Yes, I read it in a movie magazine a few years ago. And yes it is clearly one of the best film ever made (and yet I am not a horror cinema addict)
Thanks for the info. And yes I tend to think of it as an art film rather than a horror movie (I'm not into horror either).
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

Think...Hesh with a producer credit from Sopranos...I really doubt he produced anything but threats of bodily harm :lol:
"I wanna hear some noise." "Tell Salvie to clean the boat, the whole boat top to bottom" -Nicodemo "Nicky" Scarfo Sr"
axx
Straightened out

Post by axx »

Amershire_Ed wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:18 am The other thing that bothers me about Michael Franzese is he doesn’t need to make up things like he does. It’s like, dude.......your dad/step dad or whatever is Sonny Franzese, you made millions as a Capo in the Colombo Family. That story alone is interesting enough for people to want to learn more. I don’t get the need to make up all these little things. Like knowing Hoffa’s killer and having tapes that prove it. Or suggesting Chin wanted to bring over to the Genovese Family. Or that he was being groomed to be boss. You have an interesting enough story without all that....why need to diminish your credibility by making all that stuff up? And stop saying you are the only high ranking mafioso to walk away from the life. You snitched. Period. That’s why you aren’t in the life. Even if you didn’t lock any wiseguys up, you still took the stand against Norby Walters, and gave the Feds info about the Colombo Family they weren’t aware of.
It's an ego thing. If an interviewer asks you if you knew John Gotti, it would be kinda anticlimactic if you'd go like "uhm... no". Go one better and make up a cockamamie story of how you bought out John Gotti and there's an extra little story to sell to the crowd. Michael's after life-life is just another scheme, and he's a good earner.

On a side not Mario Gigante is 96 and looks good in that recent photo with brother of his.