News from Italy

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Strax
Straightened out

Re: News from Italy

Post by Strax »

Amershire_Ed wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:50 pm I know the Italian authorities had been under the impression for a long time that the Ndrangheta had a more horizontal structure—similar to the Camorra. But just recently, within the last several years, they realized they have leadership roles and positions that are more similar to Cosa Nostra, which they were taken aback by.
They are not similar to Sicilian Mafia, i wrote 'Ndrangheta structure few pages back,check it out.

'Ndrangheta is recognized as mafia-type organization by law law enforcement for past 50 years or more, Toto Riina was best man to several 'Ndrangheta bosses.

Sacra Corona Unita is currently most violent group in last year, even more murders than Camorra in Naples.
Strax
Straightened out

Post by Strax »

srg16 wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:29 am For sure, the Ndrangheta is definitely way more disciplined when it comes to keeping a low profile. Especially with doing hits. I mean the Italian government didn't even recognize them as a "mafia" until 2010. The Italian government just keeps hitting the Cosa Nostra year after year and leaving the Ndrangheta to get stronger and stronger. With that being said, they will never be big in the Americas. Like previous posters said they do not have the reach. Cosa Nostra in Sicily and the USA should take lessons from these guys on keeping a low profile.
State is going hard for 'Ndrangheta in past few months , Nicola Gratteri wants to go after freemasonry and secret service members who control Calabria together with high ranking 'Ndrangheta bosses.

In current Stato-Mafia trial several witnesses claimed there is super commission formed by freemasonry,top bosses and secret services members to control organized crime in whole of Italy. 4 of witnesses disappeared from witness protection program after such claims,they are probably dead considering what they are talking about.
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

Strax wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:53 am
Amershire_Ed wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:50 pm I know the Italian authorities had been under the impression for a long time that the Ndrangheta had a more horizontal structure—similar to the Camorra. But just recently, within the last several years, they realized they have leadership roles and positions that are more similar to Cosa Nostra, which they were taken aback by.
They are not similar to Sicilian Mafia, i wrote 'Ndrangheta structure few pages back,check it out.

'Ndrangheta is recognized as mafia-type organization by law law enforcement for past 50 years or more, Toto Riina was best man to several 'Ndrangheta bosses.

Sacra Corona Unita is currently most violent group in last year, even more murders than Camorra in Naples.
I didn’t mean similar in terms of titles. I mean similar in that Cosa Nostra has a more vertical leadership structure. The Camorra’s is more horizontal. Ndrangheta’s is kind of a hybrid but it would be more accurately described as having a vertical structure.
srg16
Honorary Member

Post by srg16 »

Wiseguy wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:05 am
srg16 wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:58 amCan you share any knowledge of the Sacra Corona Unita?
Check out this report below -

https://www.europol.europa.eu/sites/def ... ersion.pdf

One of the better articles on the Italian syndicates -

https://www.ibtimes.co.uk/italian-mafia ... ta-1500221
thanks brother
srg16
Honorary Member

Post by srg16 »

srg16 wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:58 amCan you share any knowledge of the Sacra Corona Unita?

wow you see I learned something new today, Sacra Corona Unita is a spin off from the Camorra.
srg16
Honorary Member

Post by srg16 »

I found this to be a good article as well...

https://www.lavocedinewyork.com/en/news ... ern-italy/
scagghiuni
Full Patched

Post by scagghiuni »

mafiastudent wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:51 pm https://globalinitiative.net/headless-c ... ddit_mafia

Headless Cosa Nostra seeks new capo
Italian law-enforcement efforts, the presence of new, foreign criminal networks in Sicily and internal instability have weakened the Sicilian Cosa Nostra as its bosses try to reorganize the mafia group.
never heard of foreign gangs in sicily aside some nigerians arrested who worked for the mafia and subservient
scagghiuni
Full Patched

Post by scagghiuni »

Amershire_Ed wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:34 pm I know there are Ndrangheta members living in the United States, but what is keeping them from making a larger footprint here?
they never had a big presence in the states and even today it doesn't seem so active over there, the people of calabrian origins are usually made members of cosa nostra over there
Strax
Straightened out

Post by Strax »

scagghiuni wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:54 pm never heard of foreign gangs in sicily aside some nigerians arrested who worked for the mafia and subservient
Exactly, mafia also uses them to sell drugs on open places.
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

Strax wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:29 pm
scagghiuni wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:54 pm never heard of foreign gangs in sicily aside some nigerians arrested who worked for the mafia and subservient
There’s a VICE piece from a couple years ago that’s not too bad on the subject. They have undercover footage of 2 Cosa Nostra bosses (Giovanni di Giacomo and Giuseppe di Giacomo) discussing how to handle the incoming Nigerian gangs. One was basically telling the other one, “they will do what we say but they are no chumps. They are tough like we are.” Guisseppe was killed like right after they got this footage. They pay the Sicilians to sell drugs in certain locations. And if someone is shot in the area, or beat up in the area, the Sicilians make them pay a fine. I think the main Nigerian mafia/gang is called the Black Axe.

https://youtu.be/Xh2uD7QUKYA
scagghiuni
Full Patched

Post by scagghiuni »

yes, that's what i mean and confirmed by dia,what the author of the article said like cosa nostra's operations continue to be eroded by foreign organized-crime groups is just his fantasy, even the zones with the highest numbers of african immigrants like ballarò in palermo and san berillo vecchio in catania are run by the mafia not gangs... in other words the mafia makes money on migrant centers/camp refugees, protection paid by foreign shopkeepers or criminals etc.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Amershire_Ed wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:12 pm
There’s a VICE piece from a couple years ago that’s not too bad on the subject. They have undercover footage of 2 Cosa Nostra bosses (Giovanni di Giacomo and Giuseppe di Giacomo) discussing how to handle the incoming Nigerian gangs. One was basically telling the other one, “they will do what we say but they are no chumps. They are tough like we are.” Guisseppe was killed like right after they got this footage. They pay the Sicilians to sell drugs in certain locations. And if someone is shot in the area, or beat up in the area, the Sicilians make them pay a fine. I think the main Nigerian mafia/gang is called the Black Axe.

Was, now it's the Vikings.... a gang of pimps.... interesting thing, to be a member, if I remember correctly you have to have a college degree, or no criminal record, or some shit....
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

CabriniGreen wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:04 am

Was, now it's the Vikings.... a gang of pimps.... interesting thing, to be a member, if I remember correctly you have to have a college degree, or no criminal record, or some shit....
That actually makes sense, Nigerian-Americans routinely rank among the highest immigrant groups in education in the US. Like 30% of Nigerian-American immigrants have a Master’s degree or PHD. I went to high school with some Nigerian kids and their parents were really demanding. Like Asian parents. Anything less than becoming a doctor was almost frowned upon.
scagghiuni
Full Patched

Post by scagghiuni »

CabriniGreen wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:04 am

nigerian cults are mostly involved in prostitution racket and sicilian mafia was never directly involved in this, all the pimps based in palermo (italians, nigerians or whoever) are not mafia members although they pay protection to local mafia, even in 1800s pimps were not accepted in the mafia ranks
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Yall be taking this shit too personal, and get too defensive, lol...

No ones comparing the Vikings to a cosca, just saying that Black Axe got busted, and the Vikings filled the void... and you have to have a degree to be a member.... that's about it...

No one is going to takeover pizzo collection, or exercise territorial control in Sicily, or Calabria, or Naples...

But the migrant thing did create a lasting immigrant presence that given time could mature into something else....