General Mob Questions

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Re: General Mob Questions

Post by Amershire_Ed »

Anyone that thinks Nicky Barnes (lololololol) was a bigger player than Frank Matthews is out to lunch.

Now I’ll admit the American Gangster movie did Nicky dirty. They made it seem like Lucas was leaning on him and bossing him around when that was definitely not the case. Nicky was a bigger dealer than Lucas.

But Matthews? Lol I mean the thought is so absurd it doesn’t even warrant a response.

But since you asked “based on who?”.......the authorities that were chasing them!! That’s who! And nearly every gangster of substance that interacted with the 2. Lol they would ***laugh*** in your face at the mere suggestion that Barnes was on Matthews level. As mentioned before, the only black American heroin dealers that were even close to Matthews in the late 60s/early 70s was Eddie Jackson and Courtney Browns crew out of Detroit. That’s it. And they weren’t even really close, but they were certainly closer than Lucas or Barnes.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

As fascinating as black 70’s heroin slingers are if you want to fight about which ones your favourite, I don’t think the general questions thread is the right one.

Perhaps the ‘I love this black heroin seller more!’ thread?
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:24 pm In case no one noticed my two posts up top were quotes from the movie JFK. :mrgreen:

Pogo
Forgot to mention that you got me there again :D
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

I have in my files that a Philly Associate was indicted in NJ in August 2015 for distributing marijuana. Does anyone have his name? Thanks.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:09 pm I have in my files that a Philly Associate was indicted in NJ in August 2015 for distributing marijuana. Does anyone have his name? Thanks.

Pogo
I must have missed that. Would be interested in that too.
All roads lead to New York.
TallGuy19
Full Patched

Post by TallGuy19 »

Should the Mafia consider inducting non-Italians? When they still had deep recruitment pools it made sense to only induct their own kind but with those pools slowly drying up, and the quality of inductees seemingly on the decline, wouldn't it benefit the organization to switch to a merit-based system where the best & brightest get promoted?
"A thug changes, and love changes, and best friends become strangers. Word up."
Gabagool718
Straightened out

Post by Gabagool718 »

TallGuy19 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:26 pm Should the Mafia consider inducting non-Italians? When they still had deep recruitment pools it made sense to only induct their own kind but with those pools slowly drying up, and the quality of inductees seemingly on the decline, wouldn't it benefit the organization to switch to a merit-based system where the best & brightest get promoted?
Never in a million years if that happens it would no longer be this thing of ours it would make all the traditions pointless
TallGuy19
Full Patched

Post by TallGuy19 »

Gabagool718 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:32 pm
TallGuy19 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:26 pm Should the Mafia consider inducting non-Italians? When they still had deep recruitment pools it made sense to only induct their own kind but with those pools slowly drying up, and the quality of inductees seemingly on the decline, wouldn't it benefit the organization to switch to a merit-based system where the best & brightest get promoted?
Never in a million years if that happens it would no longer be this thing of ours it would make all the traditions pointless
What about in places like Kansas City, Cleveland, or Milwaukee where Italian-American recruits have become so scarce that those families have practically ceased to exist? Wouldn't it make more sense to accept a multi-ethnic organization than to allow the organization to die out altogether?
"A thug changes, and love changes, and best friends become strangers. Word up."
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

TallGuy19 wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:36 am
Gabagool718 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:32 pm
What about in places like Kansas City, Cleveland, or Milwaukee where Italian-American recruits have become so scarce that those families have practically ceased to exist? Wouldn't it make more sense to accept a multi-ethnic organization than to allow the organization to die out altogether?
People go to gangs of their own ethnicity or hook up with people who have the same interests as them. Plus the Mafia is not looking to expand or build up. It's mostly faded, especially in the places mentioned.
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

If the Mafia do that, in the long run that would be the last nail in the coffin. The new recruits won´t have anything in common with the Italian Americans. I´m talking religion, race, tradition, mentality, history etc here. It would be a great mistake having a black member (for example) commanding a bunch of Italians. Joe Bonanno said that unless somebody was born into it, or exposed by it from the cradle, that somebody could and would never fully understand Cosa Nostra.
There you have it, never printed before.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Yall forgetting the old Chi mob again... :mrgreen:
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

HairyKnuckles wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:00 am
If the Mafia do that, in the long run that would be the last nail in the coffin. The new recruits won´t have anything in common with the Italian Americans. I´m talking religion, race, tradition, mentality, history etc here. It would be a great mistake having a black member (for example) commanding a bunch of Italians. Joe Bonanno said that unless somebody was born into it, or exposed by it from the cradle, that somebody could and would never fully understand Cosa Nostra.
Bonanno was one of the old timers that didn’t even want mainland Italians as members....only Sicilians. I’d love to hear his reaction to this suggestion if he were still alive. He’d shit a brick.

The only thing I could see happening is some of the non NY families going to more of an Outfit structure, meaning a larger ratio of associates to made guys than what they currently have.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Amershire_Ed wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:32 am
Bonanno was one of the old timers that didn’t even want mainland Italians as members....only Sicilians. I’d love to hear his reaction to this suggestion if he were still alive. He’d shit a brick.

The only thing I could see happening is some of the non NY families going to more of an Outfit structure, meaning a larger ratio of associates to made guys than what they currently have.
If a non-Italian works with/for the mob, the mob can get just as much out of them being an associate as a made member. I'm not sure a bunch of non-Italians will come running to join simply because membership is now open to them. And it would dilute the organization and have a negative effect on the inter-Italian solidarity. Far more cons than pros, it seems.
All roads lead to New York.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:20 pm As fascinating as black 70’s heroin slingers are if you want to fight about which ones your favourite, I don’t think the general questions thread is the right one.

Perhaps the ‘I love this black heroin seller more!’ thread?
Your such a fuckin tool
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Amershire_Ed wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:32 am

I'm not saying anyone else should be inducted besides Italian..

But

One can argue that Black Families are probably similar to amount of ppl who were raised by "Omerta" as well probably surpassed it NOW.

I am not saying they are equal in any kind of way I'm just saying they are raised to not talk to police, don't trust the govt, have the #s still +and started with #s, drugs, prostitutes, etc.

Gambling is where and how the mafia surpassed them easily and also organization. And some can argue mentality
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.